Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
2. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
3. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
4. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
5. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Alice a lazy artist?
2. How is Father's reaction to praise for his artwork different from his daughter's?
3. How does Jane Cox deal with her loneliness when her children are grown and move out?
4. What is the Reverend's opinion on banning objectionable books?
5. What examples does Vonnegut give to show that male bonding is important to men?
6. What is Vonnegut's opinion of liberty?
7. How can you tell Vonnegut does not value medals and awards?
8. What is the Folk Society?
9. Why do the MIT graduates applaud politely but not take Vonnegut seriously?
10. What does Vonnegut say when his book is burned?
Essay Topic 1
Vonnegut claims the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture is Alcoholics Anonymous.
Part 1) Why does he believe this?
Part 2) Do you agree with him? Why or why not?
Part 3) What else has the U.S. contributed to better the planet?
Essay Topic 2
Television has created a generation that needs not fight to be disillusioned about war.
Part 1) Give examples of how television has been able to do this.
Part 2) Name two other ways television has bettered our society. Explain.
Part 3) What other technology has bettered our world? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Vonnegut poses the question "what are people for?"
Part 1) What do you believe Vonnegut thinks people are for?
Part 2) What do you think people are for?
Part 3) Based on these beliefs, are people being successful at serving their purpose on Earth? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,654 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)