|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Vonnegut not get married at an Episcopalian church?
2. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
3. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
4. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
5. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two things Vonnegut does not like about President Bush?
2. Describe Vonnegut's experiences at Lake Maxincuckee.
3. Of what significant Indianapolis building is Father the founder? Why is he bitter over the additions made on this building?
4. What is Vonnegut's opinion of the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters? Support your answer.
5. Describe the city of Dresden.
6. What is a possible reason for Jane's English relatives not wanting her to marry a German?
7. Why does Vonnegut say the NRA is incorrect in its use of Article II of the Bill of Rights?
8. Why does Father not enjoy working as an architect?
9. Why does Vonnegut write his own mass?
10. How has Hemingway grown dated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Today's rulers are doing nothing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms.
Part 1) Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Part 2) What efforts do you make to help the planet?
Part 3) How do you see our planet in 1,000 years?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of organizations such as CARE and World Vision? IF you organized your own association, what would it be called? What would be the purpose of your organization?
Essay Topic 3
Dresden was firebombed in retaliation for previous attacks on the British during World War II.
Part 1) Was Dresden a good choice for the military to bomb? Why or why not?
Part 2) How would you feel if you had been a POW in Dresden during the firebombing?
Part 3) Are there any cities in the world that have been bombed but you feel shouldn't have been?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)