|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
2. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
3. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
4. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
5. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut say the NRA is incorrect in its use of Article II of the Bill of Rights?
2. Why does Vonnegut write his own mass?
3. What is the Reverend's opinion on banning objectionable books?
4. Compare and contrast the character Billy Pilgrim to the character's model, Joe Crone.
5. How are the Reverend and the Attorney General's Commission on Pornography the same?
6. What is Vonnegut's opinion of the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters? Support your answer.
7. Describe Vonnegut's experiences at Lake Maxincuckee.
8. Why does Father not enjoy working as an architect?
9. How is Father's reaction to praise for his artwork different from his daughter's?
10. How can you tell Vonnegut does not value medals and awards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vonnegut believes all writers grow dated.
Part 1) Give a detailed example of proof that this belief could be true.
Part 2) Explain a similarity between Father's architecture career with this belief.
Part 3) How has this belief affected Vonnegut's own writing?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of organizations such as CARE and World Vision? IF you organized your own association, what would it be called? What would be the purpose of your organization?
Essay Topic 3
Vonnegut considers some people saints.
Part 1) Name two people he considers saints. Why?
Part 2) What do you believe the requirements are for being considered a saint?
Part 3) Who in your life would you consider a saint? Why?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)