|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe may unite mankind, by creating a generation that does not need to fight to be disillusioned by war?
(d) World peace.
2. What is the definition of this society of which Dr. Robert Redfield speaks?
(a) It is a wide-spread belief in diversity and acceptance of others.
(b) It is an organization that teaches folk dances of various cultures.
(c) It is an organization that encourages country living.
(d) It is isolated geographically and members agree on what life is about and behave uniformly.
3. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) Heart of Darkness.
(b) Deep in Darkness.
(c) The Dark Continent.
(d) Land of Darkness.
4. Vonnegut believes MIT can set an example by adapting what to its undertakings?
(a) The Hippocratic Oath.
(b) The Third Time Step.
(c) The Vonnegut Theory.
(d) Oedipus Complex.
5. What does Vonnegut compare to an alcoholic stockbroker not wanting his head in a Port Authority Bus Terminal toilet?
(a) Western Civilization builds weapons and convinces civilians to hate groups of humanity, but they do not want big wars.
(b) Presidents Bush and Reagan.
(c) Third World Countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
2. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
3. What university do Vonnegut's grandfather, father, uncle, and brother attend?
4. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
5. What does Vonnegut believe most ancient writings, including the Bible, do?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)