|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Americans are of German descent?
(a) One in three.
(b) One half.
(c) One in one hundred.
(d) One in four.
2. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
(b) Emotionally empty.
(c) Physically drained.
3. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
(a) Both had extensive experiences as members of the military.
(b) One experiences warfare in sanitized movies and the other as an aviator who never has to see his victims.
(c) Reagan was a PFC, as was Vonnegut, and Bush was an aviator and war hero.
(d) Neither of them had war experiences.
4. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
(a) It sounds funny.
(b) The limerick is too long.
(c) This sound replaces dirty language.
(d) Rait made this adjustment to her limerick.
5. How do the Freethinkers behave?
(a) They humiliate those of other descents.
(b) They behave well, because they are motivated by the idea of heaven and hell.
(c) They are racist thugs.
(d) They behave well, even without the motivation of heaven and hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a scheme of self-defense that only maligned and oppressed minorities should be allowed to use?
2. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
3. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
4. Jane gives birth to how many children?
5. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)