|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe may unite mankind, by creating a generation that does not need to fight to be disillusioned by war?
(a) World peace.
2. What does Vonnegut believe most ancient writings, including the Bible, do?
3. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) East Germany propaganda.
(b) Perfect example of democracy.
(c) Pornographic sleaze.
(d) Nazi propaganda.
4. What does Vonnegut dream the world will be like in 1,000 years?
(a) There will be no humankind, because the various world leaders will lead their countries into massive wars.
(b) There will be no world in 1,000 years.
(c) There will still be rich and poor, but all will be descendants of people who endure insults without committing suicide or murder.
(d) German descendants will be running the planet.
5. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
(b) Audobon Society.
(c) World Vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Germans frightening?
2. What organization prevents Mozambicans from learning to read and write?
3. How does Mark feel about the 1960s?
4. What tough question does Vonnegut's book "Player Piano" ask?
5. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's opinion on war?
2. What does the "Kilimanjaro Device" give as an alternative to Hemingway's shooting himself in the head?
3. How does Jane Cox deal with her loneliness when her children are grown and move out?
4. Why does Vonnegut believe Alcoholics Anonymous is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
5. What are some examples of humorists who have lost their humor after a certain age? How has their humor been lost?
6. Why is the Italian translator, Roberta Rambelli, Vonnegut's favorite?
7. What is the Folk Society?
8. What does Vonnegut mean when he tells the MIT graduates that they have the power to turn loose or reign in enormous forces?
9. Name two things Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future.
10. Why does Vonnegut believe Colonialism will bust up all cultures and create a Third World planet?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)