|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are ex-hippies ashamed to belong to their social class?
(a) They are embarrassed by their actions in the 1960s.
(b) They despise Vietnam vets.
(c) They wish they had participated in the Vietnam War.
(d) The social class is so pandered to by the administration that its young do not have to go and do not want to go to war.
2. What pictures would Vonnegut hang if he were president of MIT?
(a) Bob Fosse's Sally Bowles.
(b) Pictures of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's "Frankenstein" monster.
(c) JK Rowling's Harry Potter.
(d) Robert Lewis Stevenson's Edward Hyde.
3. Who is Vonnegut's favorite translator, with whom he falls in platonic love?
(a) Rita Rait.
(b) Roberta Rambelli.
(c) Ramon Ramone.
(d) Rachel Ray.
4. What is an example of a book that Vonnegut believes moralizes?
(b) "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing."
(c) "Gulliver's Travels."
(d) "Lord of the Rings."
5. What tough question does Vonnegut's book "Player Piano" ask?
(a) What will happen to our planet in the future?
(b) What are people for?
(c) When will there be world peace?
(d) Why do people hurt one another?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what event can ordinary humans not learn how much pain and humiliation to endure before calling an end to everything?
2. How do jokes work?
3. Jane, Vonnegut's first wife, is born a Quaker and dies as a member of what denomination?
4. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, how many hours of television Failures of Christianity (murders) has one watched by graduation?
5. Why are Germans frightening?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)