|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are ex-hippies ashamed to belong to their social class?
(a) The social class is so pandered to by the administration that its young do not have to go and do not want to go to war.
(b) They wish they had participated in the Vietnam War.
(c) They are embarrassed by their actions in the 1960s.
(d) They despise Vietnam vets.
2. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
(a) An automobile race.
(b) An art gallery.
(c) The symphony.
3. For Vonnegut writing books is like what?
(a) Any other job.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Riding a bike.
(d) Eating a peanut butter sandwich.
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) Pornographic sleaze.
(b) Perfect example of democracy.
(c) Nazi propaganda.
(d) East Germany propaganda.
5. From what event can ordinary humans not learn how much pain and humiliation to endure before calling an end to everything?
(a) Sending the Tibetans into exhile.
(b) Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
(d) Romans throwing the Christians to the lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do jokes work?
2. Vonnegut's 1990 article in the New York Times observes that American humorists/satirists grow to be what past a certain age?
3. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
4. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
5. What is Mark's only crime against his government?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)