|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
(a) They must ask him many questions about his work.
(b) They must speak Italian, English, as well as another language.
(c) They must do as he says.
(d) They must be more gifted writers than he and speak at least two languages, including his.
2. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) US News and World Report.
(c) The New Yorker.
3. How does Mark feel about the 1960s?
(a) They are not spaced-out, flaky, or self-absorbed times as depicted in movies.
(b) They are just as spaced-out, flaky, and self-absorbed times as depicted in movies.
(c) They are even more spaced-out, flaky, ,and self-absorbed times than depicted in movies.
(d) Mark does not remember the 1960s.
4. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
(a) It continues to be ignorant of the disease and continues to allow those who are sick to be kept in positions of power.
(b) It buys more electronic devices to distract itself.
(c) It realizes that its addiction is affecting human life, but it does not care.
(d) It reacts in a similar way to those who are addicted.
5. Who is Vonnegut's favorite translator, with whom he falls in platonic love?
(a) Rachel Ray.
(b) Roberta Rambelli.
(c) Ramon Ramone.
(d) Rita Rait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
2. How is Vonnegut an advocate for translators?
3. Why are Germans frightening?
4. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
5. The "Religious Revival" Vonnegut describes has two commandments. What are they?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)