|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is the sequel to what other book?
(a) Friday the 13th.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Palm Sunday.
(d) Good Friday.
2. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar condominiums.
(b) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
(c) billion-dollar airplanes.
(d) billion-dollar financial institutions.
3. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
(a) The day he is first married.
(b) the day of his mother's suicide.
(c) O'Hare's death.
(d) His sister's birth.
4. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(b) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
5. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
(b) Only men can be part of a militia.
(c) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(d) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
2. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
3. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
4. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's opinion of liberty?
2. What are four things Vonnegut and O'Hare have in common?
3. What is Vonnegut's opinion of the traditional requiem mass?
4. What does Hemingway share with Vonnegut?
5. Why do the Vonneguts give themselves a Native American tribal name?
6. What is a possible reason for Jane's English relatives not wanting her to marry a German?
7. Describe Vonnegut's experiences at Lake Maxincuckee.
8. Compare and contrast the character Billy Pilgrim to the character's model, Joe Crone.
9. How has Hemingway grown dated?
10. Name one similarity and one difference between Jane and Vonnegut.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)