|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) His first map of the world.
(b) A wooden canoe.
(c) Imaginary friends.
(d) Camp fires.
2. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
(d) Heart disease.
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(d) Hip hop.
4. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) Leif Ericson.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
5. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
2. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
3. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
4. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
5. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hemingway share with Vonnegut?
2. What is a possible reason for Jane's English relatives not wanting her to marry a German?
3. What does FATES WORSE THAN DEATH by humorist Kurt Vonnegut contain?
4. Why does Vonnegut say the NRA is incorrect in its use of Article II of the Bill of Rights?
5. Compare and contrast the character Billy Pilgrim to the character's model, Joe Crone.
6. Do you think, based on the information given, Rita Rait enjoys winning the limerick contest? Why or why not?
7. What are four things Vonnegut and O'Hare have in common?
8. Why do the Vonneguts give themselves a Native American tribal name?
9. Of what significant Indianapolis building is Father the founder? Why is he bitter over the additions made on this building?
10. How are the Reverend and the Attorney General's Commission on Pornography different?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)