|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
2. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
(a) Josh Groban.
(b) Robert Samels.
(c) Andrew Lloyd Webber.
(d) Celine Dion.
3. This book is the sequel to what other book?
(a) Friday the 13th.
(b) Palm Sunday.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Good Friday.
4. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
(b) billion-dollar financial institutions.
(c) billion-dollar condominiums.
(d) billion-dollar airplanes.
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(b) He loves architecture.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) He is an architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
2. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
3. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
4. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
5. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vonnegut's requiem mass differ from Andrew Lloyd Webber's?
2. Do you think, based on the information given, Rita Rait enjoys winning the limerick contest? Why or why not?
3. What is Vonnegut's opinion on war?
4. Why does Vonnegut say the NRA is incorrect in its use of Article II of the Bill of Rights?
5. Of what significant Indianapolis building is Father the founder? Why is he bitter over the additions made on this building?
6. What is Vonnegut's opinion of the traditional requiem mass?
7. How are ex-hippies more scarred than Vietnam veterans?
8. How can you tell Vonnegut does not value medals and awards?
9. Vonnegut says children relate to the Universe as a one-on-one playmate. What profession does the same? When would members of this profession no longer play this way?
10. According to John Yale, what is the Mozambican's true enemy? Why?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)