|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
(b) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
(c) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(d) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
2. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar financial institutions.
(b) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
(c) billion-dollar airplanes.
(d) billion-dollar condominiums.
3. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
4. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(b) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(c) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(d) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
5. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The Second Amendment.
(b) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
(c) The First Amendment.
(d) The Twenty-First Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
2. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
3. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
4. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
5. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Alice a lazy artist?
2. How is Father's reaction to praise for his artwork different from his daughter's?
3. How does Jane Cox deal with her loneliness when her children are grown and move out?
4. What is the Reverend's opinion on banning objectionable books?
5. What examples does Vonnegut give to show that male bonding is important to men?
6. What is Vonnegut's opinion of liberty?
7. How can you tell Vonnegut does not value medals and awards?
8. What is the Folk Society?
9. Why do the MIT graduates applaud politely but not take Vonnegut seriously?
10. What does Vonnegut say when his book is burned?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)