|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of assembly.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) Freedom of the press.
2. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
(b) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(c) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
(d) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
3. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(b) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(c) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(d) Geist Lake where he went boating.
4. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
5. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(a) Epta mayan-boys.
(c) Black Feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
2. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
3. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
4. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
5. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Jill Krementz attends private schools and vacations with the rich as a child, how does she support herself as an adult?
2. How does Jane Cox deal with her loneliness when her children are grown and move out?
3. What does Hemingway share with Vonnegut?
4. Name two things Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future.
5. What does FATES WORSE THAN DEATH by humorist Kurt Vonnegut contain?
6. What is a possible reason for Jane's English relatives not wanting her to marry a German?
7. What are four things Vonnegut and O'Hare have in common?
8. Why does Vonnegut say the NRA is incorrect in its use of Article II of the Bill of Rights?
9. A master's degree in anthropology has taught Vonnegut the "villains" are culture, society and history, not drugs. What proof does Vonnegut give of this belief?
10. What is the Folk Society?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)