|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
2. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Joe Crone.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Jack Spratt.
(d) Bishop Moore.
3. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
(a) The day he is first married.
(b) the day of his mother's suicide.
(c) His sister's birth.
(d) O'Hare's death.
4. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(b) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
(c) It is a beautiful city.
(d) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
5. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
(a) Cries of love for all people.
(b) Liberty's lusty birth cries.
(c) The cry for freedom.
(d) The ringing of the Liberty Bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
2. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
3. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
4. What happens to all writers?
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's opinion of the First Amendment?
2. Describe the city of Dresden.
3. How are the Reverend and the Attorney General's Commission on Pornography different?
4. Name two things Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future.
5. The 20th century is the first to get reliable information about the human condition. Why does Vonnegut believe that this could be a bad thing?
6. Of what significant Indianapolis building is Father the founder? Why is he bitter over the additions made on this building?
7. How has Hemingway grown dated?
8. What are two things Vonnegut does not like about President Bush?
9. A master's degree in anthropology has taught Vonnegut the "villains" are culture, society and history, not drugs. What proof does Vonnegut give of this belief?
10. What is the Folk Society?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)