|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
2. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(b) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(c) He does not like the how it ends.
(d) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
3. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In engaging society in healthy practices.
(b) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
(c) In Buddhist doctrines.
(d) In promoting his religious quest.
4. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is dead of a heart attack.
(b) He does not answer the phone.
(c) He is not at home.
(d) He is already at the party.
5. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) October 13, 1998.
(b) October 13, 1988.
(c) March 13, 1988.
(d) March 13, 1998.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
2. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
3. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
4. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
5. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can you tell Vonnegut does not value medals and awards?
2. Compare and contrast the character Billy Pilgrim to the character's model, Joe Crone.
3. Why does Vonnegut greatly admire anything Anonymous, for example, Alcoholics Anonymous?
4. What is Vonnegut's opinion of the traditional requiem mass?
5. How are the Reverend and the Attorney General's Commission on Pornography different?
6. Describe the city of Dresden.
7. What does FATES WORSE THAN DEATH by humorist Kurt Vonnegut contain?
8. How does Vonnegut's requiem mass differ from Andrew Lloyd Webber's?
9. What makes Alice a lazy artist?
10. What are two characteristics of Jackson Pollock's work?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)