|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her mean husband.
(b) Her addiction to cocaine.
(c) A traumatic experience.
(d) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
2. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) They are very young.
(b) There are more people being born.
(c) There are more writers.
(d) They have been so foreshortened.
3. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) October 13, 1988.
(b) March 13, 1988.
(c) October 13, 1998.
(d) March 13, 1998.
4. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
(a) He tells knock knock jokes.
(b) He wears every sort of medal he can find.
(c) He wears a Boy Scout uniform.
(d) He dresses like a clown.
5. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(a) Epta mayan-boys.
(d) Black Feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
2. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
3. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
4. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Vonnegut says children relate to the Universe as a one-on-one playmate. What profession does the same? When would members of this profession no longer play this way?
2. Why does Vonnegut say the NRA is incorrect in its use of Article II of the Bill of Rights?
3. How can you tell Vonnegut does not value medals and awards?
4. A master's degree in anthropology has taught Vonnegut the "villains" are culture, society and history, not drugs. What proof does Vonnegut give of this belief?
5. How does Vonnegut's requiem mass differ from Andrew Lloyd Webber's?
6. Of what significant Indianapolis building is Father the founder? Why is he bitter over the additions made on this building?
7. What is Vonnegut's opinion of liberty?
8. What is a possible reason for Jane's English relatives not wanting her to marry a German?
9. What are two characteristics of Jackson Pollock's work?
10. Why does Vonnegut write his own mass?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)