|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
2. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(b) Mark seems sad.
(c) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(d) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
3. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
(d) Corporal punishment.
4. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
(a) Columbus, OH.
(b) Baltimore, MD.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) A traumatic experience.
(b) Her mean husband.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) Her addiction to cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
2. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
3. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
4. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
5. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vonnegut say when his book is burned?
2. A unicorn, it is said, will lay its head in a maiden's lap if she sits in a forest clearing. Why is Vonnegut's sister, Alice, the maiden to Father's unicorn?
3. Why does Vonnegut greatly admire anything Anonymous, for example, Alcoholics Anonymous?
4. How has Hemingway grown dated?
5. What does FATES WORSE THAN DEATH by humorist Kurt Vonnegut contain?
6. What is the Reverend's opinion on banning objectionable books?
7. What makes Alice a lazy artist?
8. How does Vonnegut's requiem mass differ from Andrew Lloyd Webber's?
9. How are the Reverend and the Attorney General's Commission on Pornography the same?
10. Name one similarity and one difference between Jane and Vonnegut.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)