|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
(b) Only men can be part of a militia.
(c) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
(d) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
2. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) Mark seems sad.
(b) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(c) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(d) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
3. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
4. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
5. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Dame Edna.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Edgar Grana.
(d) Edgar Degas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
2. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
3. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
4. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
5. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's opinion of liberty?
2. What does Hemingway share with Vonnegut?
3. Although Jill Krementz attends private schools and vacations with the rich as a child, how does she support herself as an adult?
4. What are two characteristics of Jackson Pollock's work?
5. Why does Vonnegut say the NRA is incorrect in its use of Article II of the Bill of Rights?
6. Describe the city of Dresden.
7. What does Vonnegut say when his book is burned?
8. Why does Vonnegut write his own mass?
9. What does FATES WORSE THAN DEATH by humorist Kurt Vonnegut contain?
10. What are four things Vonnegut and O'Hare have in common?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)