|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
(a) He has watched many war movies.
(b) His dad taught him how to shoot a gun.
(c) He is a Private First Class.
(d) He is part of the NRA.
2. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
(a) The Museum of Natural History.
(b) The Indianapolis Museum of Art.
(c) The Indianapolis 500 Museum.
(d) The Children's Museum.
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
(a) A cold is the main cause of mental illness.
(b) Mental illness is caused by the sufferer's environment.
(c) Mental illness is chemically based.
(d) Early trauma causes mental illness.
4. What does the Reverend oppose?
(b) stemcell research.
(c) Using fertility drugs to become pregnant.
(d) The demi-god given right to consider any idea one wants.
5. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) His first map of the world.
(b) A wooden canoe.
(c) Imaginary friends.
(d) Camp fires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
2. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
3. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
4. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
5. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What historical information does Vonnegut give about requiem masses?
2. What does Vonnegut say when his book is burned?
3. Compare and contrast the character Billy Pilgrim to the character's model, Joe Crone.
4. What are four things Vonnegut and O'Hare have in common?
5. What is Vonnegut's opinion of the First Amendment?
6. A unicorn, it is said, will lay its head in a maiden's lap if she sits in a forest clearing. Why is Vonnegut's sister, Alice, the maiden to Father's unicorn?
7. Why do the Vonneguts give themselves a Native American tribal name?
8. What is a possible reason for Jane's English relatives not wanting her to marry a German?
9. What are two things Vonnegut does not like about President Bush?
10. What does FATES WORSE THAN DEATH by humorist Kurt Vonnegut contain?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)