|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are ex-hippies ashamed to belong to their social class?
(a) The social class is so pandered to by the administration that its young do not have to go and do not want to go to war.
(b) They are embarrassed by their actions in the 1960s.
(c) They despise Vietnam vets.
(d) They wish they had participated in the Vietnam War.
2. Why are Vonnegut's jokes not funny?
(a) He never attempts to tell jokes.
(b) He is skilled at letting readers off the hook.
(c) His jokes are immature and childish.
(d) He lacks a way to let readers off the hook.
3. What is a scheme of self-defense that only maligned and oppressed minorities should be allowed to use?
4. After reading William Styron's DARKNESS VISIBLE how does Vonnegut classify those that are suicidal?
(a) Those that leave notes and those that do not.
(b) Those that blame it on brain wiring and chemistry or those that blame the Universe
(c) Those that are severe and those that are minor.
(d) They are either depressed or schizophrenic.
5. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
(a) Auto-Immune Deficiency.
(b) Vitamin B Deficiency.
(c) Folk Society Deficiency.
(d) Gluten Deficiency.
6. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
(a) The symphony.
(b) An automobile race.
(c) An art gallery.
7. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) Perfect example of democracy.
(c) East Germany propaganda.
(d) Pornographic sleaze.
8. Vonnegut believes MIT can set an example by adapting what to its undertakings?
(a) The Third Time Step.
(b) Oedipus Complex.
(c) The Vonnegut Theory.
(d) The Hippocratic Oath.
9. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) Heart of Darkness.
(b) The Dark Continent.
(c) Deep in Darkness.
(d) Land of Darkness.
10. What does Vonnegut compare to an alcoholic stockbroker not wanting his head in a Port Authority Bus Terminal toilet?
(b) Presidents Bush and Reagan.
(c) Western Civilization builds weapons and convinces civilians to hate groups of humanity, but they do not want big wars.
(d) Third World Countries.
11. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
(c) Reading books.
12. Jane gives birth to how many children?
13. Why does Rait believe she can say whatever she pleases in English?
(a) She is a non-native speaker.
(b) She is very opinionated.
(c) She believes that what she has to say is important.
(d) She likes speaking in English.
14. What university do Vonnegut's grandfather, father, uncle, and brother attend?
15. When the definition for Schizophrenia has been tightened, how is Mark now classified?
(a) Mentally retarded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other jobs has Vonnegut had?
2. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
3. What is World Vision?
4. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
5. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)