Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
(a) The "Folk Society" stage.
(b) The "Marxist Society" stage.
(c) The "Modern Society" stage.
(d) The "Fauvist Society" stage.
2. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
(a) Auto-Immune Deficiency.
(b) Gluten Deficiency.
(c) Folk Society Deficiency.
(d) Vitamin B Deficiency.
3. What is an example of a book that Vonnegut believes moralizes?
(b) "Gulliver's Travels."
(c) "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing."
(d) "Lord of the Rings."
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) East Germany propaganda.
(c) Perfect example of democracy.
(d) Pornographic sleaze.
5. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
(a) The Mayans of Central America.
(c) The people in "Skyscraper National Park."
(d) Native North Americans.
6. What is the name of the Bishop Vonnegut travels with to the Galapagos?
(a) Bishop Smith.
(b) Bishop Vale.
(c) Bishop Moore.
(d) Bishop Morgan.
7. What does Vonnegut believe most ancient writings, including the Bible, do?
8. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) US News and World Report.
9. What other jobs has Vonnegut had?
(a) Stenographer, actor, sailor, and fisherman.
(b) Muralist, cellist, and pro motocross rider.
(c) Creates industrial advertising, sells cars, invents a boardgame, teaches private school.
(d) Legal analyst, computer technician, magician, and lawyer.
10. Why are Vonnegut's jokes not funny?
(a) He lacks a way to let readers off the hook.
(b) He never attempts to tell jokes.
(c) He is skilled at letting readers off the hook.
(d) His jokes are immature and childish.
11. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
(a) Emotionally empty.
(d) Physically drained.
12. After reading William Styron's DARKNESS VISIBLE how does Vonnegut classify those that are suicidal?
(a) Those that are severe and those that are minor.
(b) They are either depressed or schizophrenic.
(c) Those that blame it on brain wiring and chemistry or those that blame the Universe
(d) Those that leave notes and those that do not.
13. What is a scheme of self-defense that only maligned and oppressed minorities should be allowed to use?
14. What university do Vonnegut's grandfather, father, uncle, and brother attend?
15. Vonnegut compares the young people he addresses to what character in Camelot?
(a) Sir Lancelot.
(b) St. Genevieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pictures would Vonnegut hang if he were president of MIT?
2. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
3. How does Rita Rait become the winner of a limerick contest?
4. Who is the author of THE KILIMANJARO DEVICE?
5. How do the MIT students react to Vonnegut's speech?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)