|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
(a) He is part of the NRA.
(b) His dad taught him how to shoot a gun.
(c) He has watched many war movies.
(d) He is a Private First Class.
2. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(b) Leonardo da Vinci.
(c) Pope Pius V.
(d) Pope John II.
3. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The First Amendment.
(b) The Twenty-First Amendment.
(c) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
(d) The Second Amendment.
4. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Dame Edna.
(b) Edgar Degas.
(c) Edgar Grana.
(d) Edith Wharton.
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(a) Hip hop.
6. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(c) SUNY Purchase.
7. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
8. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(d) Throw up.
9. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
10. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(d) Heart disease.
11. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) His writing.
(d) His cats.
12. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
(a) High school.
(c) Camp Harrison.
(d) Camp Atterbury.
13. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
14. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) He has never had a female friend.
(b) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(c) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(d) His daughter is very critical of him.
15. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(b) He does not like the how it ends.
(c) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(d) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
2. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
3. This book is the sequel to what other book?
4. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
5. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)