Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What does FATES WORSE THAN DEATH by humorist Kurt Vonnegut contain?
2. How can you tell Vonnegut does not value medals and awards?
3. Why does Father not enjoy working as an architect?
4. Of what significant Indianapolis building is Father the founder? Why is he bitter over the additions made on this building?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. A unicorn, it is said, will lay its head in a maiden's lap if she sits in a forest clearing. Why is Vonnegut's sister, Alice,...
This section contains 928 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)