Short Essay Questions
1. What does FATES WORSE THAN DEATH by humorist Kurt Vonnegut contain?
2. How can you tell Vonnegut does not value medals and awards?
3. Why does Father not enjoy working as an architect?
4. Of what significant Indianapolis building is Father the founder? Why is he bitter over the additions made on this building?
5. A unicorn, it is said, will lay its head in a maiden's lap if she sits in a forest clearing. Why is Vonnegut's sister, Alice, the maiden to Father's unicorn?
6. What is one similarity and one difference between the author and Elie Wiesel?
7. A master's degree in anthropology has taught Vonnegut the "villains" are culture, society and history, not drugs. What proof does Vonnegut give of this belief?
8. Why does Vonnegut greatly admire anything Anonymous, for example, Alcoholics Anonymous?
9. What makes Alice a lazy artist?
10. How is Father's reaction to praise for his artwork different from his daughter's?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)