|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university do Vonnegut's grandfather, father, uncle, and brother attend?
2. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
(a) He has watched many war movies.
(b) His dad taught him how to shoot a gun.
(c) He is a Private First Class.
(d) He is part of the NRA.
3. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(b) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(c) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(d) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
4. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(b) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(c) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(d) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
5. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
(b) The people in "Skyscraper National Park."
(c) Native North Americans.
(d) The Mayans of Central America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
2. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
3. What is World Vision?
4. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
5. Vonnegut believes MIT can set an example by adapting what to its undertakings?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)