|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut never think he owes to himself or the world?
(a) To return to writing.
(b) To write a book about Jackson Pollock.
(c) To forgive his mother.
(d) To become a litigator.
2. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Pierre August Renoir.
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(b) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(c) They believe third parties are annoying.
(d) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
4. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Writers Academy.
(b) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(c) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
(d) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
5. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
(a) Julie Keagan.
(b) Jess Katz.
(c) Jill Krementz.
(d) Jen Klein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
2. Jane gives birth to how many children?
3. What other jobs has Vonnegut had?
4. What is a scheme of self-defense that only maligned and oppressed minorities should be allowed to use?
5. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)