|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
(b) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
(c) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(d) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
2. How is Vonnegut an advocate for translators?
(a) He believes translators should be paid the same royalties as authors.
(b) He is a translator.
(c) He pays translators to write his books.
(d) He believes translators are more important than authors.
3. What is the name of the Bishop Vonnegut travels with to the Galapagos?
(a) Bishop Morgan.
(b) Bishop Moore.
(c) Bishop Vale.
(d) Bishop Smith.
4. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
(a) They must do as he says.
(b) They must be more gifted writers than he and speak at least two languages, including his.
(c) They must speak Italian, English, as well as another language.
(d) They must ask him many questions about his work.
5. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
(a) Pierre August Renoir.
(b) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(c) Edith Wharton.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
2. Why can Vonnegut not get married at an Episcopalian church?
3. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
4. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
5. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)