|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut never think he owes to himself or the world?
(a) To write a book about Jackson Pollock.
(b) To become a litigator.
(c) To forgive his mother.
(d) To return to writing.
2. What does Vonnegut dream the world will be like in 1,000 years?
(a) There will be no world in 1,000 years.
(b) There will be no humankind, because the various world leaders will lead their countries into massive wars.
(c) There will still be rich and poor, but all will be descendants of people who endure insults without committing suicide or murder.
(d) German descendants will be running the planet.
3. How many Americans are of German descent?
(a) One in one hundred.
(b) One half.
(c) One in four.
(d) One in three.
4. Although Jill attends private school and vacations with the rich as a child, how does she provide for herself as a grown woman?
(a) Marrying a wealthy man.
(b) Teaching English.
(c) Her photography and children's books.
(d) Running her own restaurant.
5. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a scheme of self-defense that only maligned and oppressed minorities should be allowed to use?
2. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
3. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
4. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
5. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)