|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many of Vonnegut's books, including this one, not include?
(a) Social groups.
(b) Individual human beings.
(c) Fantasy creatures.
2. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
3. From what event can ordinary humans not learn how much pain and humiliation to endure before calling an end to everything?
(a) Romans throwing the Christians to the lions.
(c) Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
(d) Sending the Tibetans into exhile.
4. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His sister.
(b) A stranger.
(c) His friend O'Hare.
(d) His uncle.
5. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar airplanes.
(b) billion-dollar financial institutions.
(c) billion-dollar condominiums.
(d) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane, Vonnegut's first wife, is born a Quaker and dies as a member of what denomination?
2. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
3. What tough question does Vonnegut's book "Player Piano" ask?
4. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
5. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)