|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut compare to an alcoholic stockbroker not wanting his head in a Port Authority Bus Terminal toilet?
(a) Third World Countries.
(b) Presidents Bush and Reagan.
(d) Western Civilization builds weapons and convinces civilians to hate groups of humanity, but they do not want big wars.
2. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(a) Have an unhappy marriage.
(b) Divorce and remarry.
(c) Create art.
3. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
(a) Dr. Seuss.
(b) Michael Crichton.
(c) Dr. Dre.
(d) J.K. Rowling.
4. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
(a) Jill Krementz.
(b) Julie Keagan.
(c) Jen Klein.
(d) Jess Katz.
5. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(b) Speak slowly and carefully.
(c) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(d) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
2. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
3. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
4. What will bust up all cultures and create a Third-World planet?
5. What does the Reverend oppose?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)