|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tough question does Vonnegut's book "Player Piano" ask?
(a) Why do people hurt one another?
(b) When will there be world peace?
(c) What are people for?
(d) What will happen to our planet in the future?
2. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
3. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
(a) This sound replaces dirty language.
(b) Rait made this adjustment to her limerick.
(c) It sounds funny.
(d) The limerick is too long.
4. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(b) Heart disease.
5. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
(a) Freedom of religion.
(b) Freedom of assembly.
(c) Freedom of the press.
(d) Freedom of speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. After high school what does Jill make Manhattan and the world?
2. What limits Algren's popularity?
3. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
4. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
5. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)