|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) Deep in Darkness.
(b) Land of Darkness.
(c) Heart of Darkness.
(d) The Dark Continent.
2. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
(a) Freedom from knowing humans will render the planet uninhabitable.
(b) The Fourth of July Fireworks.
(c) The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
(d) Friends from school.
3. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(a) Snow White.
(b) Porky Pig.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
4. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His sister.
(b) His friend O'Hare.
(c) A stranger.
(d) His uncle.
5. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(b) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
(c) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
(d) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
2. What features imperialism, the capture of other societies' lands, and treasure by arms?
3. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
4. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
5. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)