|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) Blood Brothers.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) Blood Diamond.
(d) The Brothers Grimm.
2. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
(b) Reading books.
3. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) A large cabin in the valley.
(b) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(c) A camping tent.
(d) A brownstone apartment
4. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(b) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(c) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(d) Geist Lake where he went boating.
5. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
(a) Their childhood home.
(b) The lake house.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) A condominium in New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
2. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
3. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
4. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
5. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)