|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut dream the world will be like in 1,000 years?
(a) There will be no world in 1,000 years.
(b) German descendants will be running the planet.
(c) There will still be rich and poor, but all will be descendants of people who endure insults without committing suicide or murder.
(d) There will be no humankind, because the various world leaders will lead their countries into massive wars.
2. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Keith Haring.
(b) Mary Cassatt.
(c) George Segal.
(d) Jackson Pollock.
3. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Pope Pius V.
(b) Leonardo da Vinci.
(c) Pope John II.
(d) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more writers.
(b) They are very young.
(c) There are more people being born.
(d) They have been so foreshortened.
5. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(b) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(c) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
(d) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
2. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
4. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
5. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)