|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
2. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) Ideas from critics.
(c) A painter's machine.
(d) Early sketches.
3. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
(a) Heart disease.
4. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
(a) They worry about her getting mixed up with Germans.
(b) They think she is too young to marry.
(c) They do not trust Vonnegut.
(d) They think she is not healthy enough to marry.
5. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(a) Porky Pig.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
2. When does Vonnegut get sick?
3. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
4. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
5. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)