|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's mother.
(b) Vonnegut's sister.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(d) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
2. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
(b) The First Amendment.
(c) The Twenty-First Amendment.
(d) The Second Amendment.
3. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
(a) O'Hare's death.
(b) The day he is first married.
(c) His sister's birth.
(d) the day of his mother's suicide.
4. What does Vonnegut dream the world will be like in 1,000 years?
(a) There will still be rich and poor, but all will be descendants of people who endure insults without committing suicide or murder.
(b) There will be no world in 1,000 years.
(c) German descendants will be running the planet.
(d) There will be no humankind, because the various world leaders will lead their countries into massive wars.
5. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
(a) It reacts in a similar way to those who are addicted.
(b) It continues to be ignorant of the disease and continues to allow those who are sick to be kept in positions of power.
(c) It buys more electronic devices to distract itself.
(d) It realizes that its addiction is affecting human life, but it does not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
2. What does Vonnegut never think he owes to himself or the world?
3. What does the Reverend oppose?
4. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
5. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)