|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
(a) They must do as he says.
(b) They must be more gifted writers than he and speak at least two languages, including his.
(c) They must ask him many questions about his work.
(d) They must speak Italian, English, as well as another language.
2. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) violence against ethnic minorities.
(b) violence against women and kiddy porn.
(c) violent protests.
(d) vulgar language.
3. What features imperialism, the capture of other societies' lands, and treasure by arms?
(a) "The House of Mirth."
(b) "The Nation."
(c) "Hocus Pocus."
(d) "Le Petit Prince."
4. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
(a) Abstract Expressionism.
(c) Modern Dance.
(d) Alcoholics Anonymous.
5. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
(c) Corporal punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
2. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
3. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
4. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
5. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)