|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example of a book that Vonnegut believes moralizes?
(a) "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing."
(b) "Gulliver's Travels."
(d) "Lord of the Rings."
2. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
(c) World Vision.
(d) Audobon Society.
3. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(b) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(c) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(d) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
4. What do many of Vonnegut's books, including this one, not include?
(a) Social groups.
(b) Fantasy creatures.
(c) Individual human beings.
5. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Only men can be part of a militia.
(b) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(c) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
(d) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
2. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
3. What pictures would Vonnegut hang if he were president of MIT?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
5. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, how many hours of television Failures of Christianity (murders) has one watched by graduation?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)