|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
(a) He is not as intelligent as others in Cape Cod.
(b) He is an Anglo-Saxon.
(c) He is not as wealthy as other in Cape Cod.
(d) He is a non-Anglo-Saxon.
2. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Camp fires.
(b) Imaginary friends.
(c) His first map of the world.
(d) A wooden canoe.
3. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
(a) The Mayans of Central America.
(c) The people in "Skyscraper National Park."
(d) Native North Americans.
4. What does Vonnegut never think he owes to himself or the world?
(a) To write a book about Jackson Pollock.
(b) To return to writing.
(c) To forgive his mother.
(d) To become a litigator.
5. Jane, Vonnegut's first wife, is born a Quaker and dies as a member of what denomination?
(c) Roman Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
2. What happens to all writers?
3. How do the MIT students react to Vonnegut's speech?
4. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
5. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)