|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They love to create work for collectors.
(b) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(c) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
(d) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
2. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
(a) He dresses like a clown.
(b) He wears every sort of medal he can find.
(c) He tells knock knock jokes.
(d) He wears a Boy Scout uniform.
3. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(b) Post Modernism.
(c) Abstract Expressionism.
(d) Photo Realism.
4. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Jackson Pollock.
(b) George Segal.
(c) Mary Cassatt.
(d) Keith Haring.
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(b) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(c) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(d) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
2. How do jokes work?
3. What tough question does Vonnegut's book "Player Piano" ask?
4. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
5. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)