|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
(a) He is not as intelligent as others in Cape Cod.
(b) He is a non-Anglo-Saxon.
(c) He is not as wealthy as other in Cape Cod.
(d) He is an Anglo-Saxon.
2. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(b) His daughter is very critical of him.
(c) He has never had a female friend.
(d) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
3. Why does Rait believe she can say whatever she pleases in English?
(a) She is a non-native speaker.
(b) She believes that what she has to say is important.
(c) She is very opinionated.
(d) She likes speaking in English.
4. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
5. The "Religious Revival" Vonnegut describes has two commandments. What are they?
(a) Stop thinking and obey.
(b) Have no other god but me and other thy father and they mother.
(c) Divide and conquer.
(d) Be free and live in peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
2. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
3. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
4. Why are Germans frightening?
5. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)