|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(d) Hip hop.
2. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(b) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
3. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
(a) They think she is too young to marry.
(b) They worry about her getting mixed up with Germans.
(c) They do not trust Vonnegut.
(d) They think she is not healthy enough to marry.
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more writers.
(b) There are more people being born.
(c) They have been so foreshortened.
(d) They are very young.
5. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(b) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(c) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(d) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
2. What other jobs has Vonnegut had?
3. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
4. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
5. Who is Vonnegut's favorite translator, with whom he falls in platonic love?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)