|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, how many hours of television Failures of Christianity (murders) has one watched by graduation?
(a) 18,000 hours.
(b) 80 hours.
(c) 8,000 hours.
(d) 800 hours.
2. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their appetites.
(b) Their hearts.
(d) Their weights.
3. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her addiction to cocaine.
(b) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(c) Her mean husband.
(d) A traumatic experience.
4. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
5. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
(a) Reagan was a PFC, as was Vonnegut, and Bush was an aviator and war hero.
(b) One experiences warfare in sanitized movies and the other as an aviator who never has to see his victims.
(c) Neither of them had war experiences.
(d) Both had extensive experiences as members of the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
2. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
4. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
5. What will bust up all cultures and create a Third-World planet?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)