|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
(a) His sarcasm refer to the remark he makes about suppressing harmful words and images on his own.
(b) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about needing the government's aid in suppressing harmful words and images.
(c) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about the Second Amendment.
(d) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about gun control.
2. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her addiction to cocaine.
(b) Her mean husband.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) A traumatic experience.
3. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
(c) Corporal punishment.
4. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
(a) He tells knock knock jokes.
(b) He wears a Boy Scout uniform.
(c) He wears every sort of medal he can find.
(d) He dresses like a clown.
5. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
2. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
3. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
4. In what year does the author's father die?
5. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)