|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
(a) They worry about her getting mixed up with Germans.
(b) They think she is not healthy enough to marry.
(c) They do not trust Vonnegut.
(d) They think she is too young to marry.
2. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Winning the heart of a woman.
(b) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(c) Winning a battle.
(d) Becoming enlightened.
3. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) The Dark Continent.
(b) Land of Darkness.
(c) Deep in Darkness.
(d) Heart of Darkness.
4. What is the name of the Bishop Vonnegut travels with to the Galapagos?
(a) Bishop Moore.
(b) Bishop Vale.
(c) Bishop Smith.
(d) Bishop Morgan.
5. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(b) Mark seems sad.
(c) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(d) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
2. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
3. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
4. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
5. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)