|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
(b) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
(c) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
(d) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
2. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Joe Crone.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Jack Spratt.
(d) Bishop Moore.
3. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Pope John II.
(b) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(c) Leonardo da Vinci.
(d) Pope Pius V.
4. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
(a) High school.
(c) Camp Harrison.
(d) Camp Atterbury.
5. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
(a) Reagan Administration.
(b) Smith Administration.
(c) Carter Administration.
(d) Clinton Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
2. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
3. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
4. Who is Vonnegut's favorite translator, with whom he falls in platonic love?
5. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)