|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
2. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(b) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(c) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(d) Speak slowly and carefully.
3. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) East Germany propaganda.
(b) Pornographic sleaze.
(c) Nazi propaganda.
(d) Perfect example of democracy.
4. What does the Reverend oppose?
(a) stemcell research.
(b) Using fertility drugs to become pregnant.
(c) The demi-god given right to consider any idea one wants.
5. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(c) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Vonnegut's speech, what power do the MIT graduates have?
2. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
3. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
4. How do the MIT students react to Vonnegut's speech?
5. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)