|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Vonnegut not get married at an Episcopalian church?
(a) Vonnegut already has children.
(b) His wife is not Episcopalian.
(c) He is not a Christian.
(d) Vonnegut is divorced.
2. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
(a) It realizes that its addiction is affecting human life, but it does not care.
(b) It buys more electronic devices to distract itself.
(c) It reacts in a similar way to those who are addicted.
(d) It continues to be ignorant of the disease and continues to allow those who are sick to be kept in positions of power.
3. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Mary Cassatt.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Keith Haring.
(d) George Segal.
4. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
(a) He is not as wealthy as other in Cape Cod.
(b) He is a non-Anglo-Saxon.
(c) He is not as intelligent as others in Cape Cod.
(d) He is an Anglo-Saxon.
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(b) He loves architecture.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
2. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
3. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
4. Jane gives birth to how many children?
5. According to Vonnegut's speech, what power do the MIT graduates have?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)