|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
(a) His dad taught him how to shoot a gun.
(b) He is a Private First Class.
(c) He is part of the NRA.
(d) He has watched many war movies.
2. How do the author and Jill meet?
(a) At a baseball game.
(b) At a movie premiere.
(c) At a production of a Vonnegut play.
(d) At an art gallery.
3. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Tang Dynasty.
(d) The 100 Years War.
4. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
(b) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
(c) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
(d) They are from different cities in the United States.
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) violence against ethnic minorities.
(b) violent protests.
(c) vulgar language.
(d) violence against women and kiddy porn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
2. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
3. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
4. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
5. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)