|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(b) Hip hop.
2. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) Americans are too upset by World War I.
(b) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
(c) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(d) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
3. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's sister.
(b) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(c) Vonnegut's mother.
(d) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
4. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
(a) Emotionally empty.
(d) Physically drained.
5. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Abstract Expressionism.
(c) Photo Realism.
(d) Post Modernism.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
2. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
3. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
4. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
5. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)