|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) September 11, 2001.
(d) World War I.
2. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) March 13, 1988.
(b) October 13, 1998.
(c) March 13, 1998.
(d) October 13, 1988.
3. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar condominiums.
(b) billion-dollar airplanes.
(c) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
(d) billion-dollar financial institutions.
4. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
(a) John Yale.
(b) Jill Krementz.
(c) Mark Vonnegut.
(d) Bill Pilgrim.
5. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
(a) The "Modern Society" stage.
(b) The "Marxist Society" stage.
(c) The "Folk Society" stage.
(d) The "Fauvist Society" stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
2. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
3. In what year does the author's father die?
4. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)