|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(b) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
(c) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
(d) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
2. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
(b) The Second Amendment.
(c) The Twenty-First Amendment.
(d) The First Amendment.
3. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They both paint.
(b) They love New York City.
(c) They are both writers.
(d) They are both of German descent.
4. What pictures would Vonnegut hang if he were president of MIT?
(a) Robert Lewis Stevenson's Edward Hyde.
(b) JK Rowling's Harry Potter.
(c) Pictures of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's "Frankenstein" monster.
(d) Bob Fosse's Sally Bowles.
5. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
(a) The "Marxist Society" stage.
(b) The "Folk Society" stage.
(c) The "Modern Society" stage.
(d) The "Fauvist Society" stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
2. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
3. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
4. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
5. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)