|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) He loves architecture.
(d) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
2. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) A large cabin in the valley.
(b) A brownstone apartment
(c) A camping tent.
(d) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
3. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
(a) September 11, 2001.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Great Depression.
4. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(b) Vonnegut's mother.
(c) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(d) Vonnegut's sister.
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) violence against ethnic minorities.
(b) violent protests.
(c) vulgar language.
(d) violence against women and kiddy porn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
2. Why can Vonnegut not get married at an Episcopalian church?
3. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
4. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
5. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)