|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They are both Jewish.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They share a German surname.
(d) They both have pet dogs.
2. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
(a) He is not as wealthy as other in Cape Cod.
(b) He is not as intelligent as others in Cape Cod.
(c) He is a non-Anglo-Saxon.
(d) He is an Anglo-Saxon.
3. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(a) Black Feathers.
(b) Epta mayan-boys.
4. What is World Vision?
(a) A Buddhist charity bringing peace to other cultures.
(b) An American Christian charity bringing supplies to refugees.
(c) An American optometrist organization bringing glasses to the underpriveledged.
(d) A Muslim organization bringing the teachings of Mohammed to other cultures.
5. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
(a) The "Fauvist Society" stage.
(b) The "Modern Society" stage.
(c) The "Marxist Society" stage.
(d) The "Folk Society" stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
2. When does Vonnegut get sick?
3. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
5. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)