|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(b) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(c) Vonnegut's mother.
(d) Vonnegut's sister.
2. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
(b) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(c) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
(d) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
3. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) East Germany propaganda.
(b) Nazi propaganda.
(c) Pornographic sleaze.
(d) Perfect example of democracy.
4. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak slowly and carefully.
(b) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(c) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(d) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
5. The "Religious Revival" Vonnegut describes has two commandments. What are they?
(a) Be free and live in peace.
(b) Divide and conquer.
(c) Have no other god but me and other thy father and they mother.
(d) Stop thinking and obey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
2. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
3. Why does Rait believe she can say whatever she pleases in English?
4. What pictures would Vonnegut hang if he were president of MIT?
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)