|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut believe Christians have no alternative but to hate and then kill in imaginary self-defense?
(a) The religious leaders encourage them to hate others.
(b) Christians try and fail to love continually.
(c) They are trying to convert others but fail.
(d) Christians know there is a time to kill, as well as a time to heal.
2. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(b) Create art.
(c) Divorce and remarry.
(d) Have an unhappy marriage.
3. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(b) Modern Dance.
(d) Abstract Expressionism.
4. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
(b) An art gallery.
(c) The symphony.
(d) An automobile race.
5. What happens to all writers?
(a) They become more famous with age.
(b) They grow to be better writers.
(c) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(d) They grow dated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
3. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
4. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
5. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)