|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
2. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
(b) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(c) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
(d) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
3. What does Vonnegut believe may unite mankind, by creating a generation that does not need to fight to be disillusioned by war?
(d) World peace.
4. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) March 13, 1988.
(b) October 13, 1988.
(c) March 13, 1998.
(d) October 13, 1998.
5. From what event can ordinary humans not learn how much pain and humiliation to endure before calling an end to everything?
(b) Sending the Tibetans into exhile.
(c) Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
(d) Romans throwing the Christians to the lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
2. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
3. Why does Vonnegut believe Christians have no alternative but to hate and then kill in imaginary self-defense?
4. What will bust up all cultures and create a Third-World planet?
5. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)