|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
(b) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
(c) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
(d) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
2. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
(b) Heart disease.
3. How do the MIT students react to Vonnegut's speech?
(a) They cheer enthusiastically.
(b) They applaud politely but do not take him seriously.
(c) They are appalled by his speech.
(d) They are convinced and accept his challenge.
4. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
(a) One experiences warfare in sanitized movies and the other as an aviator who never has to see his victims.
(b) Both had extensive experiences as members of the military.
(c) Reagan was a PFC, as was Vonnegut, and Bush was an aviator and war hero.
(d) Neither of them had war experiences.
5. What does Vonnegut believe may unite mankind, by creating a generation that does not need to fight to be disillusioned by war?
(a) World peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to all writers?
2. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
3. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
4. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
5. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)