|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Jill attends private school and vacations with the rich as a child, how does she provide for herself as a grown woman?
(a) Teaching English.
(b) Running her own restaurant.
(c) Marrying a wealthy man.
(d) Her photography and children's books.
2. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) US News and World Report.
3. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(b) Hindu choir.
(c) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(d) United Methodist choir.
4. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
(a) His sarcasm refer to the remark he makes about suppressing harmful words and images on his own.
(b) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about gun control.
(c) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about needing the government's aid in suppressing harmful words and images.
(d) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about the Second Amendment.
5. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The 100 Years War.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Tang Dynasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
2. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
3. Vonnegut believes MIT can set an example by adapting what to its undertakings?
4. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
5. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)