|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
(a) His cats.
(b) World War I.
(c) His writing.
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He loves architecture.
3. How is Vonnegut an advocate for translators?
(a) He is a translator.
(b) He believes translators should be paid the same royalties as authors.
(c) He believes translators are more important than authors.
(d) He pays translators to write his books.
4. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
(a) Angels in Heaven.
(b) Angels Without Wings.
(c) My Children, My Angels.
(d) On a Wing and a Prayer.
5. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(b) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(c) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(d) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
2. What pictures would Vonnegut hang if he were president of MIT?
3. According to Vonnegut's speech, what power do the MIT graduates have?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
5. Jane, Vonnegut's first wife, is born a Quaker and dies as a member of what denomination?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)