|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
(b) The NRA militia commercials.
(c) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
(d) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
2. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
3. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(b) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(c) His daughter is very critical of him.
(d) He has never had a female friend.
4. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
(b) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(c) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
(d) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
5. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
2. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
3. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
4. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
5. What features imperialism, the capture of other societies' lands, and treasure by arms?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)