|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
(a) The Attorney General's Commission Civil Rights.
(b) The Attorney General's Commission on Religious Freedom.
(c) The Attorney General's Commission on Pornography.
(d) The Attorney General's Commission on Gun Control.
2. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
(b) Emotionally empty.
(d) Physically drained.
3. What is World Vision?
(a) A Muslim organization bringing the teachings of Mohammed to other cultures.
(b) A Buddhist charity bringing peace to other cultures.
(c) An American optometrist organization bringing glasses to the underpriveledged.
(d) An American Christian charity bringing supplies to refugees.
4. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) The NRA militia commercials.
(b) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
(c) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
(d) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
5. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many of Vonnegut's books, including this one, not include?
2. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
3. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
4. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
5. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)