|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
(a) The limerick is too long.
(b) This sound replaces dirty language.
(c) It sounds funny.
(d) Rait made this adjustment to her limerick.
2. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) vulgar language.
(b) violent protests.
(c) violence against women and kiddy porn.
(d) violence against ethnic minorities.
3. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) United Methodist choir.
(b) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(c) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(d) Hindu choir.
5. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) October 13, 1988.
(b) March 13, 1988.
(c) March 13, 1998.
(d) October 13, 1998.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
2. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
3. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
4. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
5. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)