|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) March 13, 1998.
(b) October 13, 1988.
(c) March 13, 1988.
(d) October 13, 1998.
2. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(b) Vonnegut's mother.
(c) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(d) Vonnegut's sister.
3. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
(b) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(c) They love to create work for collectors.
(d) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
4. This book is the sequel to what other book?
(a) Good Friday.
(b) Palm Sunday.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Friday the 13th.
5. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Leonardo da Vinci.
(b) Pope John II.
(c) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(d) Pope Pius V.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
2. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
3. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
5. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)