|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
(a) The "Fauvist Society" stage.
(b) The "Modern Society" stage.
(c) The "Folk Society" stage.
(d) The "Marxist Society" stage.
2. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
(b) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
(c) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(d) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
3. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
4. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(b) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(c) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(d) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
5. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Collin F. Johnson.
(b) Thomas R. Collins.
(c) John F. Collins.
(d) Collin P. Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
3. This book is the sequel to what other book?
4. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
5. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)