|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(b) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(c) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(d) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
2. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
3. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
(a) Seattle, Washington.
(b) Baltimore, MD.
(c) Columbus, OH.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
5. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
2. Vonnegut compares the young people he addresses to what character in Camelot?
3. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
4. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)