|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(b) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
2. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
(b) Modern Dance.
(c) Abstract Expressionism.
(d) Alcoholics Anonymous.
3. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
4. According to Vonnegut's speech, what power do the MIT graduates have?
(a) To control the world's resources.
(b) To save the United States from self-destruction.
(c) To reign in or let loose enormous forces.
(d) To find a job in their city of choice.
5. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They share a German surname.
(b) They both have pet dogs.
(c) They are both Jewish.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
2. When does Vonnegut get sick?
3. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
4. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
5. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)