|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The 100 Years War.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Tang Dynasty.
2. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(c) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(d) He is an architect.
3. After high school what does Jill make Manhattan and the world?
(a) Her new home.
(b) A place to take amazing photographs.
(c) Her university.
(d) Places to avoid.
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(b) United Methodist choir.
(c) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(d) Hindu choir.
5. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(b) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(c) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(d) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
2. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
3. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
4. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
5. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)