|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(b) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(c) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
(d) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
2. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The First Amendment.
(b) The Twenty-First Amendment.
(c) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
(d) The Second Amendment.
3. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
(a) It reacts in a similar way to those who are addicted.
(b) It continues to be ignorant of the disease and continues to allow those who are sick to be kept in positions of power.
(c) It buys more electronic devices to distract itself.
(d) It realizes that its addiction is affecting human life, but it does not care.
4. Vonnegut believes MIT can set an example by adapting what to its undertakings?
(a) The Third Time Step.
(b) The Hippocratic Oath.
(c) Oedipus Complex.
(d) The Vonnegut Theory.
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Writers Academy.
(b) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(c) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
(d) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
2. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
3. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
4. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
5. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)