|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
(a) He is not as intelligent as others in Cape Cod.
(b) He is a non-Anglo-Saxon.
(c) He is not as wealthy as other in Cape Cod.
(d) He is an Anglo-Saxon.
2. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) Leif Ericson.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They believe third parties are annoying.
(b) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(c) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(d) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) East Germany propaganda.
(b) Nazi propaganda.
(c) Pornographic sleaze.
(d) Perfect example of democracy.
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(b) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(c) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(d) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many of Vonnegut's books, including this one, not include?
2. What limits Algren's popularity?
3. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
4. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
5. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)