|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Blood Brothers.
(c) Blood Diamond.
(d) The Brothers Grimm.
2. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more writers.
(b) They are very young.
(c) They have been so foreshortened.
(d) There are more people being born.
3. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
(b) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(c) It is a beautiful city.
(d) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
4. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(b) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(c) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(d) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
5. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
(b) Native North Americans.
(c) The Mayans of Central America.
(d) The people in "Skyscraper National Park."
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the author and Jill meet?
2. What does Vonnegut compare to an alcoholic stockbroker not wanting his head in a Port Authority Bus Terminal toilet?
3. Vonnegut compares the young people he addresses to what character in Camelot?
4. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
5. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)