|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe may unite mankind, by creating a generation that does not need to fight to be disillusioned by war?
(c) World peace.
2. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
(b) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
(c) The NRA militia commercials.
(d) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
3. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edgar Degas.
(b) Dame Edna.
(c) Edgar Grana.
(d) Edith Wharton.
4. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) Americans are too upset by World War I.
(b) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
(c) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(d) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
5. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) His lack of connections.
(b) His foul personality.
(c) His distinct odor.
(d) A penchant for truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
2. What is the name of the Bishop Vonnegut travels with to the Galapagos?
3. How do the author and Jill meet?
4. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
5. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)