|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(b) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(c) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(d) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
2. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Writers Academy.
(b) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(c) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
(d) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
3. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Thomas R. Collins.
(b) Collin F. Johnson.
(c) John F. Collins.
(d) Collin P. Miller.
4. What university do Vonnegut's grandfather, father, uncle, and brother attend?
5. What does Vonnegut dream the world will be like in 1,000 years?
(a) There will be no world in 1,000 years.
(b) German descendants will be running the planet.
(c) There will be no humankind, because the various world leaders will lead their countries into massive wars.
(d) There will still be rich and poor, but all will be descendants of people who endure insults without committing suicide or murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
2. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
3. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
4. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
5. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)