|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
(a) A condominium in New York City.
(b) A publishing house.
(c) The lake house.
(d) Their childhood home.
2. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(b) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
(c) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
(d) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
3. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Limiting waste.
(b) Working towards a peacable agreement.
(c) Conserving energy.
4. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They are saddened by her illness and death.
(c) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(d) They are in denial.
5. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) They are very young.
(b) They have been so foreshortened.
(c) There are more writers.
(d) There are more people being born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
2. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
3. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
4. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
5. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)