|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(b) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(c) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(d) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
2. What is the name of the Bishop Vonnegut travels with to the Galapagos?
(a) Bishop Smith.
(b) Bishop Vale.
(c) Bishop Moore.
(d) Bishop Morgan.
3. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Writers Academy.
(b) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(c) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
(d) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
4. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
(b) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(c) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(d) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
5. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(b) It is a beautiful city.
(c) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
(d) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
2. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
3. What happens to all writers?
4. What university do Vonnegut's grandfather, father, uncle, and brother attend?
5. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)