|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edgar Degas.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Dame Edna.
(d) Edgar Grana.
2. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is dead of a heart attack.
(b) He is already at the party.
(c) He does not answer the phone.
(d) He is not at home.
3. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
(b) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
(c) His high school, Warren Central.
(d) His grandchildren.
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) Pornographic sleaze.
(b) Perfect example of democracy.
(c) Nazi propaganda.
(d) East Germany propaganda.
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
3. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
4. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
5. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)