|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Vonnegut not get married at an Episcopalian church?
(a) His wife is not Episcopalian.
(b) He is not a Christian.
(c) Vonnegut is divorced.
(d) Vonnegut already has children.
2. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(b) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(c) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
(d) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
3. After high school what does Jill make Manhattan and the world?
(a) Places to avoid.
(b) Her university.
(c) A place to take amazing photographs.
(d) Her new home.
4. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) The Dark Continent.
(b) Deep in Darkness.
(c) Land of Darkness.
(d) Heart of Darkness.
5. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(b) United Methodist choir.
(c) Hindu choir.
(d) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
3. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
4. What is the name of the Bishop Vonnegut travels with to the Galapagos?
5. What will bust up all cultures and create a Third-World planet?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)