|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
(a) The ringing of the Liberty Bell.
(b) Liberty's lusty birth cries.
(c) Cries of love for all people.
(d) The cry for freedom.
2. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
3. What pictures would Vonnegut hang if he were president of MIT?
(a) Bob Fosse's Sally Bowles.
(b) Robert Lewis Stevenson's Edward Hyde.
(c) JK Rowling's Harry Potter.
(d) Pictures of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's "Frankenstein" monster.
4. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(b) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(c) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(d) Geist Lake where he went boating.
5. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her addiction to cocaine.
(b) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(c) Her mean husband.
(d) A traumatic experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
2. What does Vonnegut compare to an alcoholic stockbroker not wanting his head in a Port Authority Bus Terminal toilet?
3. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
4. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
5. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)