|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is dead of a heart attack.
(b) He is already at the party.
(c) He is not at home.
(d) He does not answer the phone.
2. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
3. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
(d) Heart disease.
4. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
(a) Carbon dioxide.
(b) Hydrogen dioxide.
(c) Hydrofluoric acid.
(d) Hydrochloric acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
2. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
3. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
4. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
5. What does Vonnegut compare to an alcoholic stockbroker not wanting his head in a Port Authority Bus Terminal toilet?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)