|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(b) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(c) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(d) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He does not answer the phone.
(b) He is already at the party.
(c) He is not at home.
(d) He is dead of a heart attack.
4. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
(b) In engaging society in healthy practices.
(c) In Buddhist doctrines.
(d) In promoting his religious quest.
5. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
3. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
4. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
5. What pictures would Vonnegut hang if he were president of MIT?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)