|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
(b) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(c) Only men can be part of a militia.
(d) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
2. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Marco Polo.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Leif Ericson.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
3. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
(a) Vonnegut believes military weapons, like loathsome germs, kill people every day and does not approve of the commercials.
(b) He would like to be able to join Heston in the commercials.
(c) Vonnegut sees nothing wrong with encouraging the general public to carry military weapons.
(d) He finds them to be entertaining.
4. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her addiction to cocaine.
(b) A traumatic experience.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) Her mean husband.
5. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
(a) His sarcasm refer to the remark he makes about suppressing harmful words and images on his own.
(b) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about gun control.
(c) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about needing the government's aid in suppressing harmful words and images.
(d) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about the Second Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
2. Why can Vonnegut not get married at an Episcopalian church?
3. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
4. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
5. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)