|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Only men can be part of a militia.
(b) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
(c) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(d) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
2. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Pope Pius V.
(b) Pope John II.
(c) Leonardo da Vinci.
(d) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
3. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
(b) They love to create work for collectors.
(c) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(d) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
4. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(b) Speak slowly and carefully.
(c) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(d) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) He is an architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
2. What happens to all writers?
3. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
4. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
5. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)