|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Jackson Pollock.
(b) George Segal.
(c) Mary Cassatt.
(d) Keith Haring.
2. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
3. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
(d) Painting .
4. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
(a) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about gun control.
(b) His sarcasm refer to the remark he makes about suppressing harmful words and images on his own.
(c) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about the Second Amendment.
(d) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about needing the government's aid in suppressing harmful words and images.
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He does not answer the phone.
(b) He is already at the party.
(c) He is dead of a heart attack.
(d) He is not at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
2. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
3. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
5. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)