|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
2. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(b) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(c) Mark seems sad.
(d) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
3. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(b) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(c) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(d) He does not like the how it ends.
4. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(b) Their weights.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their appetites.
5. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
(a) The Children's Museum.
(b) The Indianapolis Museum of Art.
(c) The Museum of Natural History.
(d) The Indianapolis 500 Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
2. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
3. What does the Reverend oppose?
4. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
5. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)