|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edith Wharton.
(b) Edgar Degas.
(c) Dame Edna.
(d) Edgar Grana.
2. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(a) Snow White.
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Porky Pig.
3. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(a) SUNY Purchase.
4. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
(b) In Buddhist doctrines.
(c) In promoting his religious quest.
(d) In engaging society in healthy practices.
5. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(b) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(c) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(d) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
2. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
3. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
4. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
5. What limits Algren's popularity?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)