|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(b) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(c) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(d) Mark seems sad.
2. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The First Amendment.
(b) The Second Amendment.
(c) The Twenty-First Amendment.
(d) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
3. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) It is a beautiful city.
(b) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
(c) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(d) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
4. In what year does the author's father die?
5. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(d) Human figures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
2. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
3. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
4. How do the author and Jill meet?
5. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)