|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
(a) Celine Dion.
(b) Robert Samels.
(c) Andrew Lloyd Webber.
(d) Josh Groban.
2. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In promoting his religious quest.
(b) In engaging society in healthy practices.
(c) In Buddhist doctrines.
(d) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
3. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
4. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(b) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
(c) Americans are too upset by World War I.
(d) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
5. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
(a) The Museum of Natural History.
(b) The Indianapolis Museum of Art.
(c) The Children's Museum.
(d) The Indianapolis 500 Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
2. What does the U.S. allow for 100 years before diagnosing it as a social disease and fighting it?
3. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
4. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)