|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
(b) The NRA militia commercials.
(c) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
(d) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
2. What does the Reverend oppose?
(a) Using fertility drugs to become pregnant.
(b) stemcell research.
(c) The demi-god given right to consider any idea one wants.
3. Although Jill attends private school and vacations with the rich as a child, how does she provide for herself as a grown woman?
(a) Teaching English.
(b) Running her own restaurant.
(c) Marrying a wealthy man.
(d) Her photography and children's books.
4. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Only men can be part of a militia.
(b) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(c) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
(d) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
5. In what year does the author's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
2. When does Vonnegut get sick?
3. What limits Algren's popularity?
4. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)