|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After high school what does Jill make Manhattan and the world?
(a) Her new home.
(b) Her university.
(c) Places to avoid.
(d) A place to take amazing photographs.
2. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her addiction to cocaine.
(b) Her mean husband.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) A traumatic experience.
3. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak slowly and carefully.
(b) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(c) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(d) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more people being born.
(b) They are very young.
(c) There are more writers.
(d) They have been so foreshortened.
5. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Post Modernism.
(c) Abstract Expressionism.
(d) Photo Realism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
2. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
3. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
4. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)