|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
(b) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(c) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(d) They love to create work for collectors.
2. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
(a) World War I.
(b) His cats.
(c) His writing.
(d) The Vietnam War.
3. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(c) Throw up.
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
(a) Mental illness is caused by the sufferer's environment.
(b) Early trauma causes mental illness.
(c) A cold is the main cause of mental illness.
(d) Mental illness is chemically based.
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) violence against women and kiddy porn.
(b) violent protests.
(c) vulgar language.
(d) violence against ethnic minorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
2. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
3. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
4. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
5. What does the Reverend oppose?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)