|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
(a) He wears every sort of medal he can find.
(b) He tells knock knock jokes.
(c) He wears a Boy Scout uniform.
(d) He dresses like a clown.
2. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
(b) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
(c) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(d) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(c) Hip hop.
4. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
5. After high school what does Jill make Manhattan and the world?
(a) Places to avoid.
(b) Her university.
(c) Her new home.
(d) A place to take amazing photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
2. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
3. What happens to all writers?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
5. This book is the sequel to what other book?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)