|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
(b) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
(c) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
(d) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
4. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
(a) September 11, 2001.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War I.
5. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They both paint.
(b) They are both writers.
(c) They love New York City.
(d) They are both of German descent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
2. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
3. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
4. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
5. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)