|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) Human figures.
(c) A horizon.
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
(a) My Children, My Angels.
(b) Angels in Heaven.
(c) Angels Without Wings.
(d) On a Wing and a Prayer.
4. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
(a) The Attorney General's Commission on Religious Freedom.
(b) The Attorney General's Commission Civil Rights.
(c) The Attorney General's Commission on Pornography.
(d) The Attorney General's Commission on Gun Control.
5. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) It is a beautiful city.
(b) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
(c) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(d) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
2. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
3. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
4. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)