|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) The Brothers Grimm.
(b) Blood Diamond.
(c) Blood Brothers.
(d) The Brothers Karamazov.
2. In what year does the author's father die?
3. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(b) Mark seems sad.
(c) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(d) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
4. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
5. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not like the how it ends.
(b) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(c) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(d) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
2. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
3. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
4. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
5. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)