|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the author's father die?
2. When does Vonnegut get sick?
(a) When it is useful to him.
(b) When he does not get enough sleep.
(c) In the fall.
(d) In the spring.
3. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
(a) He contracts Lyme disease.
(b) He catches pneumonia.
(c) His plane is delayed.
(d) He forgets the date of his reunion.
4. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
(c) Painting .
5. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(b) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(c) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(d) Speak slowly and carefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
2. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
3. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
4. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
5. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)