|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In engaging society in healthy practices.
(b) In Buddhist doctrines.
(c) In promoting his religious quest.
(d) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(d) Hip hop.
3. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
(a) The ringing of the Liberty Bell.
(b) The cry for freedom.
(c) Cries of love for all people.
(d) Liberty's lusty birth cries.
4. Although Jill attends private school and vacations with the rich as a child, how does she provide for herself as a grown woman?
(a) Marrying a wealthy man.
(b) Running her own restaurant.
(c) Her photography and children's books.
(d) Teaching English.
5. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
(a) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
2. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
3. When does Vonnegut get sick?
4. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
5. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)