|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(b) Vonnegut's sister.
(c) Vonnegut's mother.
(d) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their appetites.
(c) Their weights.
(d) Their hearts.
4. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(b) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(c) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(d) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
5. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
2. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
3. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
5. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)