|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They both have pet dogs.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They share a German surname.
(d) They are both Jewish.
2. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(b) Leonardo da Vinci.
(c) Pope John II.
(d) Pope Pius V.
3. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
4. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
(a) Their childhood home.
(b) The lake house.
(c) A condominium in New York City.
(d) A publishing house.
5. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(a) Divorce and remarry.
(b) Create art.
(d) Have an unhappy marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
2. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
3. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
4. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
5. In what year does the author's father die?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)