|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) His daughter is very critical of him.
(b) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(c) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(d) He has never had a female friend.
2. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) He loves architecture.
(d) He is an architect.
3. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(a) Snow White.
(b) Porky Pig.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
4. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) His foul personality.
(b) A penchant for truth.
(c) His lack of connections.
(d) His distinct odor.
5. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
(b) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
(c) The NRA militia commercials.
(d) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
2. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
3. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
4. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
5. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)