|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their weights.
(c) Their appetites.
2. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(c) SUNY Purchase.
3. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
4. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(b) Mark seems sad.
(c) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(d) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
5. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(b) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(c) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(d) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. After high school what does Jill make Manhattan and the world?
2. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
4. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
5. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)