|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Jill attends private school and vacations with the rich as a child, how does she provide for herself as a grown woman?
(a) Marrying a wealthy man.
(b) Teaching English.
(c) Running her own restaurant.
(d) Her photography and children's books.
2. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
3. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(b) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(c) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(d) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
4. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Porky Pig.
5. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
2. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
3. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
4. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
5. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)