|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
(b) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
(c) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
(d) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
2. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
3. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) The Brothers Grimm.
(b) Blood Brothers.
(c) The Brothers Karamazov.
(d) Blood Diamond.
4. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They are in denial.
(c) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(d) They are saddened by her illness and death.
5. This book is the sequel to what other book?
(a) Friday the 13th.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Palm Sunday.
(d) Good Friday.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
2. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
3. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
4. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
5. In what year does the author's father die?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)