|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
(a) Michael Crichton.
(b) Dr. Seuss.
(c) J.K. Rowling.
(d) Dr. Dre.
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(a) Hip hop.
3. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
(a) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about gun control.
(b) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about the Second Amendment.
(c) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about needing the government's aid in suppressing harmful words and images.
(d) His sarcasm refer to the remark he makes about suppressing harmful words and images on his own.
4. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(b) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(c) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(d) Geist Lake where he went boating.
5. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(b) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(c) He does not like the how it ends.
(d) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to all writers?
2. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
3. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
4. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)