|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Collin P. Miller.
(b) Thomas R. Collins.
(c) John F. Collins.
(d) Collin F. Johnson.
2. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(b) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
(c) Only men can be part of a militia.
(d) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
3. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(b) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(c) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(d) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
4. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) violent protests.
(b) vulgar language.
(c) violence against women and kiddy porn.
(d) violence against ethnic minorities.
5. This book is the sequel to what other book?
(a) Easter Sunday.
(b) Friday the 13th.
(c) Palm Sunday.
(d) Good Friday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
2. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
3. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
4. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
5. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)