|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
2. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(a) Porky Pig.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
3. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
4. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Leif Ericson.
(c) Christopher Columbus.
(d) Marco Polo.
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(b) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(c) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(d) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
2. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
3. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
4. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
5. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)