|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) A camping tent.
(b) A large cabin in the valley.
(c) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(d) A brownstone apartment
2. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
(a) Josh Groban.
(b) Celine Dion.
(c) Andrew Lloyd Webber.
(d) Robert Samels.
3. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(b) Pope John II.
(c) Pope Pius V.
(d) Leonardo da Vinci.
4. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
(c) Corporal punishment.
5. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
(b) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(c) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
(d) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
2. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
3. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
4. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
5. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)