|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(b) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(c) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(d) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
2. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Tang Dynasty.
3. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) A stranger.
(b) His sister.
(c) His friend O'Hare.
(d) His uncle.
4. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
5. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
(a) Clinton Administration.
(b) Reagan Administration.
(c) Carter Administration.
(d) Smith Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
2. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
3. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
4. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
5. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)