|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) A penchant for truth.
(b) His distinct odor.
(c) His foul personality.
(d) His lack of connections.
2. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Becoming enlightened.
(b) Winning a battle.
(c) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(d) Winning the heart of a woman.
3. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Snow White.
4. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(b) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(c) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(d) Mark seems sad.
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) vulgar language.
(b) violent protests.
(c) violence against ethnic minorities.
(d) violence against women and kiddy porn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
2. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
3. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
4. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
5. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)