|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
(b) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
(c) His high school, Warren Central.
(d) His grandchildren.
2. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Thomas R. Collins.
(b) Collin P. Miller.
(c) Collin F. Johnson.
(d) John F. Collins.
3. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In promoting his religious quest.
(b) In Buddhist doctrines.
(c) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
(d) In engaging society in healthy practices.
4. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Winning a battle.
(b) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(c) Becoming enlightened.
(d) Winning the heart of a woman.
5. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His sister.
(c) A stranger.
(d) His friend O'Hare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
2. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
4. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
5. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)