|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
(a) My Children, My Angels.
(b) On a Wing and a Prayer.
(c) Angels Without Wings.
(d) Angels in Heaven.
2. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(b) Throw up.
3. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
(b) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
(c) His high school, Warren Central.
(d) His grandchildren.
4. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) A traumatic experience.
(b) Her addiction to cocaine.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) Her mean husband.
5. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(c) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to all writers?
2. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
3. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
4. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
5. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)