|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to all writers?
(a) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(b) They grow dated.
(c) They become more famous with age.
(d) They grow to be better writers.
2. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) A traumatic experience.
(b) Her mean husband.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) Her addiction to cocaine.
3. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
4. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They share a German surname.
(b) They are both Jewish.
(c) They both have pet dogs.
(d) They are cousins.
5. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) The Brothers Grimm.
(c) Blood Diamond.
(d) Blood Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
2. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
3. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
4. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)