|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
(a) Hydrochloric acid.
(b) Hydrogen dioxide.
(c) Hydrofluoric acid.
(d) Carbon dioxide.
2. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
(b) Only men can be part of a militia.
(c) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
(d) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
3. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
(a) Clinton Administration.
(b) Reagan Administration.
(c) Smith Administration.
(d) Carter Administration.
4. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
5. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
(a) They do not trust Vonnegut.
(b) They think she is not healthy enough to marry.
(c) They think she is too young to marry.
(d) They worry about her getting mixed up with Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
2. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
3. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
4. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)