|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Tang Dynasty.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
2. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(b) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(c) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(d) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
3. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Marco Polo.
(b) Franz Ferdinand.
(c) Leif Ericson.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
4. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
(a) Smith Administration.
(b) Clinton Administration.
(c) Carter Administration.
(d) Reagan Administration.
5. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
(a) Elderly people.
(b) Women and racial minorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
2. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
3. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
4. What happens to all writers?
5. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)