|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more writers.
(b) They are very young.
(c) There are more people being born.
(d) They have been so foreshortened.
2. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They believe third parties are annoying.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(b) United Methodist choir.
(c) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(d) Hindu choir.
5. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Becoming enlightened.
(b) Winning a battle.
(c) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(d) Winning the heart of a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
2. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
3. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)