|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their appetites.
(c) Their weights.
2. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her mean husband.
(b) Her addiction to cocaine.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) A traumatic experience.
3. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
(b) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
(c) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
(d) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
4. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
(a) Their childhood home.
(b) The lake house.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) A condominium in New York City.
5. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
(a) The Attorney General's Commission on Religious Freedom.
(b) The Attorney General's Commission on Gun Control.
(c) The Attorney General's Commission on Pornography.
(d) The Attorney General's Commission Civil Rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
2. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
3. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
4. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
5. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)