|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(b) Black Feathers.
(c) Epta mayan-boys.
2. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) A penchant for truth.
(b) His foul personality.
(c) His lack of connections.
(d) His distinct odor.
3. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more people being born.
(b) There are more writers.
(c) They have been so foreshortened.
(d) They are very young.
4. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(b) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(c) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(d) The choir director conducts too quickly.
5. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
2. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
3. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)