|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
(b) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(c) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(d) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
2. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
(a) A condominium in New York City.
(b) Their childhood home.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) The lake house.
3. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They are both Jewish.
(b) They both have pet dogs.
(c) They share a German surname.
(d) They are cousins.
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(b) United Methodist choir.
(c) Hindu choir.
(d) Universalist Unitarian choir.
5. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her mean husband.
(b) A traumatic experience.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) Her addiction to cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
2. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
3. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
4. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
5. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)