|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak slowly and carefully.
(b) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(c) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(d) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(c) Hip hop.
3. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Jackson Pollock.
(b) Mary Cassatt.
(c) George Segal.
(d) Keith Haring.
4. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
(a) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about needing the government's aid in suppressing harmful words and images.
(b) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about the Second Amendment.
(c) His sarcasm refer to the remark he makes about suppressing harmful words and images on his own.
(d) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about gun control.
5. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) A stranger.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His friend O'Hare.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
2. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
3. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
4. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)