|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edgar Degas.
(b) Dame Edna.
(c) Edith Wharton.
(d) Edgar Grana.
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Photo Realism.
(b) Abstract Expressionism.
(c) Post Modernism.
3. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) violence against women and kiddy porn.
(b) vulgar language.
(c) violence against ethnic minorities.
(d) violent protests.
4. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) A camping tent.
(b) A brownstone apartment
(c) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(d) A large cabin in the valley.
5. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They are both writers.
(b) They are both of German descent.
(c) They love New York City.
(d) They both paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
2. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
3. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
4. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
5. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)