|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to all writers?
(a) They grow to be better writers.
(b) They become more famous with age.
(c) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(d) They grow dated.
2. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar condominiums.
(b) billion-dollar financial institutions.
(c) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
(d) billion-dollar airplanes.
3. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(b) Abstract Expressionism.
(c) Post Modernism.
(d) Photo Realism.
4. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His grandchildren.
(b) His high school, Warren Central.
(c) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
(d) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
5. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His uncle.
(b) A stranger.
(c) His friend O'Hare.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
2. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
3. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)