|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(b) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(c) He does not like the how it ends.
(d) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
2. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(b) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(c) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(d) The choir director conducts too quickly.
3. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
(a) The Indianapolis Museum of Art.
(b) The Children's Museum.
(c) The Museum of Natural History.
(d) The Indianapolis 500 Museum.
4. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
(a) He has watched many war movies.
(b) His dad taught him how to shoot a gun.
(c) He is a Private First Class.
(d) He is part of the NRA.
5. What happens to all writers?
(a) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(b) They become more famous with age.
(c) They grow to be better writers.
(d) They grow dated.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
2. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
3. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
4. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)