|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
2. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(b) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
(c) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(d) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
3. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
(a) Carbon dioxide.
(b) Hydrofluoric acid.
(c) Hydrogen dioxide.
(d) Hydrochloric acid.
4. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(b) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(c) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(d) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
5. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His sister.
(c) His friend O'Hare.
(d) A stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
2. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
3. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)