|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They both have pet dogs.
(b) They share a German surname.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are both Jewish.
2. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Writers Academy.
(b) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
(c) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(d) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
3. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
4. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(b) A horizon.
(c) Human figures.
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is not at home.
(b) He does not answer the phone.
(c) He is dead of a heart attack.
(d) He is already at the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
2. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
3. In what year does the author's father die?
4. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
5. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)