|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) His first map of the world.
(b) Imaginary friends.
(c) Camp fires.
(d) A wooden canoe.
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Abstract Expressionism.
(b) Photo Realism.
(d) Post Modernism.
3. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
4. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(b) Porky Pig.
(c) Snow White.
5. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Collin F. Johnson.
(b) Collin P. Miller.
(c) Thomas R. Collins.
(d) John F. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
2. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
3. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
4. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
5. What limits Algren's popularity?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)