|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(b) They love to create work for collectors.
(c) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
(d) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
2. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Leonardo da Vinci.
(b) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(c) Pope Pius V.
(d) Pope John II.
3. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
(b) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(c) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
(d) Americans are too upset by World War I.
4. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(b) Human figures.
(d) A horizon.
5. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Winning a battle.
(b) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(c) Winning the heart of a woman.
(d) Becoming enlightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
2. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
3. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
4. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
5. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)