|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) A large cabin in the valley.
(b) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(c) A brownstone apartment
(d) A camping tent.
2. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) They have been so foreshortened.
(b) There are more people being born.
(c) There are more writers.
(d) They are very young.
3. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
(a) Clinton Administration.
(b) Smith Administration.
(c) Reagan Administration.
(d) Carter Administration.
4. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is dead of a heart attack.
(b) He is not at home.
(c) He is already at the party.
(d) He does not answer the phone.
5. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) His first map of the world.
(b) Imaginary friends.
(c) A wooden canoe.
(d) Camp fires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
2. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
3. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
4. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
5. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)