|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their weights.
(b) Their hearts.
(d) Their appetites.
2. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They believe third parties are annoying.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
3. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) They are very young.
(b) There are more people being born.
(c) They have been so foreshortened.
(d) There are more writers.
4. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(b) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(c) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(d) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
5. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
2. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
3. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
5. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)