|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
(b) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
(c) His grandchildren.
(d) His high school, Warren Central.
2. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) His lack of connections.
(b) His distinct odor.
(c) His foul personality.
(d) A penchant for truth.
3. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They share a German surname.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They both have pet dogs.
(d) They are both Jewish.
4. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Camp fires.
(b) Imaginary friends.
(c) A wooden canoe.
(d) His first map of the world.
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
2. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
3. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
4. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
5. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)