|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more writers.
(b) They are very young.
(c) There are more people being born.
(d) They have been so foreshortened.
2. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
3. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
4. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is already at the party.
(b) He is dead of a heart attack.
(c) He is not at home.
(d) He does not answer the phone.
5. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not like the how it ends.
(b) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(c) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(d) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
2. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
3. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
4. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
5. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)