|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
2. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(a) Epta mayan-boys.
(b) Black Feathers.
3. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(b) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(c) Mark seems sad.
(d) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
4. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(d) Bipolar disorder.
5. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
(b) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
(c) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(d) Americans are too upset by World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
2. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
3. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
5. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)