|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Keith Haring.
(b) George Segal.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) Mary Cassatt.
2. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(b) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(c) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(d) Vonnegut argues with the general.
3. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They are both writers.
(b) They love New York City.
(c) They both paint.
(d) They are both of German descent.
4. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
(b) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
(c) Americans are too upset by World War I.
(d) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
5. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's sister.
(b) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(c) Vonnegut's mother.
(d) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
2. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
3. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
4. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
5. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)