|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
(a) His cats.
(b) His writing.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
2. What happens to all writers?
(a) They grow dated.
(b) They grow to be better writers.
(c) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(d) They become more famous with age.
3. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is dead of a heart attack.
(b) He does not answer the phone.
(c) He is not at home.
(d) He is already at the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
2. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
3. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
4. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)