|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their weights.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their appetites.
2. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
3. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) Blood Diamond.
(b) The Brothers Grimm.
(c) Blood Brothers.
(d) The Brothers Karamazov.
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) United Methodist choir.
(b) Hindu choir.
(c) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(d) Universalist Unitarian choir.
5. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) His lack of connections.
(b) His foul personality.
(c) A penchant for truth.
(d) His distinct odor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
2. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
3. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
5. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)