|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(b) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(c) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(d) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
2. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
(a) They do not trust Vonnegut.
(b) They worry about her getting mixed up with Germans.
(c) They think she is not healthy enough to marry.
(d) They think she is too young to marry.
3. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
(a) Andrew Lloyd Webber.
(b) Celine Dion.
(c) Josh Groban.
(d) Robert Samels.
4. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) His lack of connections.
(b) His foul personality.
(c) A penchant for truth.
(d) His distinct odor.
5. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
(a) Painting .
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
2. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
3. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
4. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
5. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)