|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(b) Their weights.
(c) Their appetites.
(d) Their hearts.
2. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(b) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(c) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(d) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
3. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Imaginary friends.
(b) A wooden canoe.
(c) Camp fires.
(d) His first map of the world.
4. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edgar Grana.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Dame Edna.
(d) Edgar Degas.
5. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
(b) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(c) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(d) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
Short Answer Questions
1. This book is the sequel to what other book?
2. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
3. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
4. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
5. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)