|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(c) They believe third parties are annoying.
(d) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Photo Realism.
(c) Abstract Expressionism.
(d) Post Modernism.
3. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(c) Black Feathers.
(d) Epta mayan-boys.
4. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Tang Dynasty.
(d) The 100 Years War.
5. In what year does the author's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
2. This book is the sequel to what other book?
3. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
4. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
5. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)