|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
(b) The American Writers Academy.
(c) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(d) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
2. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Tang Dynasty.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) March 13, 1988.
(b) March 13, 1998.
(c) October 13, 1988.
(d) October 13, 1998.
4. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's mother.
(b) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(c) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(d) Vonnegut's sister.
5. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
2. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
3. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
4. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
5. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)