|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(b) He has never had a female friend.
(c) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(d) His daughter is very critical of him.
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) He loves architecture.
4. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
5. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(a) Snow White.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Porky Pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
2. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
3. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)