|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their weights.
(b) Their appetites.
(c) Their hearts.
2. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
3. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) His first map of the world.
(b) A wooden canoe.
(c) Imaginary friends.
(d) Camp fires.
4. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
5. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Blood Diamond.
(c) The Brothers Grimm.
(d) Blood Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
2. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
3. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
4. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
5. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)