|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(c) SUNY Purchase.
2. What happens to all writers?
(a) They become more famous with age.
(b) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(c) They grow dated.
(d) They grow to be better writers.
3. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The 100 Years War.
(b) The Tang Dynasty.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The Renaissance.
4. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
(a) September 11, 2001.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
5. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
2. What limits Algren's popularity?
3. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
4. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
5. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)