|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) Blood Brothers.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) The Brothers Grimm.
(d) Blood Diamond.
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) They are very young.
(b) They have been so foreshortened.
(c) There are more writers.
(d) There are more people being born.
4. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
5. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(b) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(c) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(d) Geist Lake where he went boating.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the author's father die?
2. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
3. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
5. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)