|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are in denial.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(d) They are saddened by her illness and death.
2. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Winning a battle.
(b) Winning the heart of a woman.
(c) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(d) Becoming enlightened.
3. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
(a) Painting .
4. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Mary Cassatt.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) George Segal.
(d) Keith Haring.
5. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
(b) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(c) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(d) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
2. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
3. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
4. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
5. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)