|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(b) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(c) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(d) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
2. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They love New York City.
(b) They both paint.
(c) They are both writers.
(d) They are both of German descent.
3. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) George Segal.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Mary Cassatt.
(d) Keith Haring.
4. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(b) A large cabin in the valley.
(c) A camping tent.
(d) A brownstone apartment
5. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(b) SUNY Purchase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
5. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)