|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His friend O'Hare.
(b) A stranger.
(c) His sister.
(d) His uncle.
2. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) He has never had a female friend.
(b) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(c) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(d) His daughter is very critical of him.
3. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
4. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(b) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(c) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(d) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
5. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(b) United Methodist choir.
(c) Hindu choir.
(d) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
2. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
3. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
4. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
5. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)