|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Thomas R. Collins.
(b) Collin F. Johnson.
(c) Collin P. Miller.
(d) John F. Collins.
2. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(c) Black Feathers.
(d) Epta mayan-boys.
3. In what year does the author's father die?
4. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
(b) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
(c) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
(d) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
5. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) World War I.
(c) September 11, 2001.
(d) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
2. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
3. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)