|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their hearts.
(c) Their appetites.
(d) Their weights.
2. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Snow White.
3. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) He has never had a female friend.
(b) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(c) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(d) His daughter is very critical of him.
4. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
(c) Painting .
5. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
(a) He dresses like a clown.
(b) He tells knock knock jokes.
(c) He wears every sort of medal he can find.
(d) He wears a Boy Scout uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
2. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
3. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
4. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
5. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)