|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her addiction to cocaine.
(b) A traumatic experience.
(c) Her mean husband.
(d) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
2. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His friend O'Hare.
(c) A stranger.
(d) His sister.
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(c) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
4. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Post Modernism.
(b) Photo Realism.
(c) Abstract Expressionism.
5. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) A camping tent.
(b) A brownstone apartment
(c) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(d) A large cabin in the valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
4. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
5. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)