|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(b) Black Feathers.
(c) Epta mayan-boys.
2. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
(a) A publishing house.
(b) The lake house.
(c) Their childhood home.
(d) A condominium in New York City.
3. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(b) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(c) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(d) Vonnegut argues with the general.
4. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
5. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Photo Realism.
(c) Post Modernism.
(d) Abstract Expressionism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
2. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
3. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
4. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
5. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)