|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(b) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(c) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(d) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
2. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
3. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her addiction to cocaine.
(b) Her mean husband.
(c) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(d) A traumatic experience.
4. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's sister.
(b) Vonnegut's mother.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(d) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
5. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(b) A large cabin in the valley.
(c) A camping tent.
(d) A brownstone apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
2. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
3. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
4. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
5. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)