|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They love to create work for collectors.
(b) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(c) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(d) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
2. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They are both writers.
(b) They both paint.
(c) They love New York City.
(d) They are both of German descent.
3. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) He loves architecture.
4. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(b) They are saddened by her illness and death.
(c) They are in denial.
(d) They are embarrassed.
5. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Camp fires.
(b) A wooden canoe.
(c) His first map of the world.
(d) Imaginary friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
2. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
3. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
4. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
5. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)