|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is the sequel to what other book?
(a) Palm Sunday.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Friday the 13th.
(d) Good Friday.
2. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
3. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(b) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(c) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(d) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
4. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(d) Human figures.
5. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(b) They are in denial.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They are saddened by her illness and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
3. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
4. In what year does the author's father die?
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)