|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
2. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(b) Mark seems sad.
(c) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(d) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
3. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) A wooden canoe.
(b) Imaginary friends.
(c) Camp fires.
(d) His first map of the world.
4. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They both paint.
(b) They love New York City.
(c) They are both writers.
(d) They are both of German descent.
5. This book is the sequel to what other book?
(a) Friday the 13th.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Good Friday.
(d) Palm Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
2. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
3. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
5. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)