|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
2. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
3. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
(a) SS Indianapolis.
(b) SS Auschwitz.
(c) SS Therapist.
(d) SS Psychiatrist.
4. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(b) Human figures.
5. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(a) Divorce and remarry.
(b) Create art.
(d) Have an unhappy marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
3. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
4. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)