|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's sister.
(b) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(d) Vonnegut's mother.
2. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Camp fires.
(b) A wooden canoe.
(c) Imaginary friends.
(d) His first map of the world.
3. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
(a) Angels in Heaven.
(b) My Children, My Angels.
(c) Angels Without Wings.
(d) On a Wing and a Prayer.
4. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(b) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(c) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(d) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
5. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
2. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
3. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
5. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)