|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(b) Speak slowly and carefully.
(c) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(d) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
2. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
(a) On a Wing and a Prayer.
(b) My Children, My Angels.
(c) Angels in Heaven.
(d) Angels Without Wings.
3. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
(a) SS Indianapolis.
(b) SS Psychiatrist.
(c) SS Therapist.
(d) SS Auschwitz.
4. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
(a) They think she is not healthy enough to marry.
(b) They think she is too young to marry.
(c) They do not trust Vonnegut.
(d) They worry about her getting mixed up with Germans.
5. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Mary Cassatt.
(b) George Segal.
(c) Keith Haring.
(d) Jackson Pollock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
2. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
3. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)