|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
2. In what year does the author's father die?
3. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
4. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Photo Realism.
(b) Post Modernism.
(d) Abstract Expressionism.
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
2. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
3. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
4. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
5. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)