|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) Blood Brothers.
(b) Blood Diamond.
(c) The Brothers Karamazov.
(d) The Brothers Grimm.
2. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(b) Create art.
(c) Have an unhappy marriage.
(d) Divorce and remarry.
3. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
(a) Their childhood home.
(b) A condominium in New York City.
(c) The lake house.
(d) A publishing house.
4. Vonnegut uses examinations of history, literature, psychology and what else to move his story forward?
5. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
2. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
3. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)