|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
2. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
(a) SS Indianapolis.
(b) SS Psychiatrist.
(c) SS Auschwitz.
(d) SS Therapist.
3. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
(a) Carter Administration.
(b) Clinton Administration.
(c) Smith Administration.
(d) Reagan Administration.
4. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
(b) Snow White.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Porky Pig.
5. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Abstract Expressionism.
(b) Post Modernism.
(d) Photo Realism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
2. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
3. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
4. This book is the sequel to what other book?
5. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)