|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(b) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(c) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(d) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
2. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(b) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(c) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(d) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
3. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(d) Human figures.
4. Kurt Vonnegut Sr. is respected and loved as a founder of what museum?
(a) The Children's Museum.
(b) The Museum of Natural History.
(c) The Indianapolis 500 Museum.
(d) The Indianapolis Museum of Art.
5. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(c) They are in denial.
(d) They are saddened by her illness and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
2. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
3. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
4. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
5. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)