|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
(a) He tells knock knock jokes.
(b) He wears every sort of medal he can find.
(c) He dresses like a clown.
(d) He wears a Boy Scout uniform.
2. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(b) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(c) Speak slowly and carefully.
(d) Speak cautiously and quietly.
3. This book is the sequel to what other book?
(a) Good Friday.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Palm Sunday.
(d) Friday the 13th.
4. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Keith Haring.
(b) Mary Cassatt.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) George Segal.
5. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
(d) Painting .
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
2. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
3. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
4. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
5. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)