|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(b) He has never had a female friend.
(c) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(d) His daughter is very critical of him.
2. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(b) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(c) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(d) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(b) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(c) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
4. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) He is an architect.
5. The Vonnegut family expects its family members to go out east to college. Where does the author's dad, Kurt Vonnegut Sr., go to college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
2. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
3. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
4. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
5. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)