|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) Leif Ericson.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
2. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
3. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) George Segal.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Keith Haring.
(d) Mary Cassatt.
4. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Blood Brothers.
(c) The Brothers Grimm.
(d) Blood Diamond.
5. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's sister.
(b) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(c) Vonnegut's mother.
(d) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
2. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
3. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)