|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
2. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(b) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(c) Speak slowly and carefully.
(d) Speak cautiously and quietly.
3. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
(c) Painting .
4. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Her mean husband.
(b) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(c) A traumatic experience.
(d) Her addiction to cocaine.
5. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) Ideas from critics.
(c) A painter's machine.
(d) Early sketches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
2. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
3. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
4. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
5. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)