|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
(b) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(c) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(d) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
2. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(b) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
(c) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(d) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
3. What art form does Kurt Vonnegut Sr. take up after he retires?
(a) Painting .
4. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
5. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Post Modernism.
(c) Abstract Expressionism.
(d) Photo Realism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
2. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
3. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
4. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
5. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)