|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) He has never had a female friend.
(b) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(c) His daughter is very critical of him.
(d) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
2. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
3. Why does the general at the ROTC inspection write down Vonnegut's name, which seems to lead to Vonnegut never rising above Private First Class?
(a) Vonnegut arrives late to the inspection.
(b) The general thinks Vonnegut is not a good soldier.
(c) Vonnegut argues with the general.
(d) Vonnegut plays a practical joke.
4. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
5. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) September 11, 2001.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
3. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
4. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
5. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)