|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His friend O'Hare.
(d) A stranger.
2. What practical joke does Vonnegut play at an ROTC inspection?
(a) He dresses like a clown.
(b) He wears a Boy Scout uniform.
(c) He wears every sort of medal he can find.
(d) He tells knock knock jokes.
3. He says his father is a rarity among Hoosiers. What other fantasy creature does the author compare his father to?
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) Early sketches.
(c) A painter's machine.
(d) Ideas from critics.
5. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(b) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
(c) They love to create work for collectors.
(d) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
3. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
4. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
5. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)