|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
2. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They both paint.
(b) They are both writers.
(c) They love New York City.
(d) They are both of German descent.
3. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(b) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(c) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(d) Mark seems sad.
4. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(b) Vonnegut's mother.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(d) Vonnegut's sister.
5. In what year does the author's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
2. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
3. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
4. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
5. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)