|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) Blood Brothers.
(b) The Brothers Grimm.
(c) The Brothers Karamazov.
(d) Blood Diamond.
2. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) A camping tent.
(b) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(c) A brownstone apartment
(d) A large cabin in the valley.
3. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
4. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
(a) Reagan Administration.
(b) Carter Administration.
(c) Clinton Administration.
(d) Smith Administration.
5. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) September 11, 2001.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
2. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
3. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)