|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
2. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Leif Ericson.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) Christopher Columbus.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
3. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They are both Jewish.
(b) They both have pet dogs.
(c) They share a German surname.
(d) They are cousins.
4. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(d) Human figures.
5. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Mary Cassatt.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Keith Haring.
(d) George Segal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
2. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
3. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
4. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
5. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)