|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's mother.
(b) Vonnegut's sister.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(d) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
2. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) He has never had a female friend.
(b) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(c) His daughter is very critical of him.
(d) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
3. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) His first map of the world.
(b) A wooden canoe.
(c) Camp fires.
(d) Imaginary friends.
4. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(b) They are in denial.
(c) They are saddened by her illness and death.
(d) They are embarrassed.
5. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) A painter's machine.
(b) Ideas from critics.
(c) Early sketches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut Sr. is denied his dreams by what event?
2. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)