|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He is an architect.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) He loves architecture.
(d) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
2. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
(a) The lake house.
(b) A condominium in New York City.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) Their childhood home.
3. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
(a) Angels in Heaven.
(b) Angels Without Wings.
(c) My Children, My Angels.
(d) On a Wing and a Prayer.
4. In Fates Worse Than Death, humorist Kurt Vonnegut examines the blindness of the American people to the hypocrisy of what administration?
(a) Carter Administration.
(b) Smith Administration.
(c) Clinton Administration.
(d) Reagan Administration.
5. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Post Modernism.
(b) Abstract Expressionism.
(d) Photo Realism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
2. In what year does the author's father die?
3. The author pictures his father as what fictional character waiting for a prince to awaken his career?
4. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
5. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)