Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
(a) Friends from school.
(b) The Fourth of July Fireworks.
(c) Freedom from knowing humans will render the planet uninhabitable.
(d) The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
2. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
(a) World War I.
(b) His writing.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) His cats.
3. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
(b) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
(c) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
(d) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
4. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar financial institutions.
(b) billion-dollar airplanes.
(c) billion-dollar condominiums.
(d) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
5. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Bishop Moore.
(b) Jack Spratt.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Joe Crone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Vonnegut an advocate for translators?
2. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
3. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
5. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)