|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the author and Jill meet?
(a) At a movie premiere.
(b) At an art gallery.
(c) At a production of a Vonnegut play.
(d) At a baseball game.
2. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
(b) His grandchildren.
(c) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
(d) His high school, Warren Central.
3. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more people being born.
(b) They have been so foreshortened.
(c) They are very young.
(d) There are more writers.
4. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
(a) Dr. Dre.
(b) Michael Crichton.
(c) Dr. Seuss.
(d) J.K. Rowling.
5. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
(a) The cry for freedom.
(b) Liberty's lusty birth cries.
(c) Cries of love for all people.
(d) The ringing of the Liberty Bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
2. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
3. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
4. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
5. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)