|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edgar Degas.
(b) Edgar Grana.
(c) Edith Wharton.
(d) Dame Edna.
2. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(b) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(c) They love to create work for collectors.
(d) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
3. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) Franz Ferdinand.
(c) Leif Ericson.
(d) Marco Polo.
4. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
5. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(c) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
2. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
3. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)