Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(b) He does not like the how it ends.
(c) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(d) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
2. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
(a) Hydrogen dioxide.
(b) Hydrochloric acid.
(c) Hydrofluoric acid.
(d) Carbon dioxide.
3. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) Ideas from critics.
(b) Early sketches.
(c) A painter's machine.
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
2. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
3. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
4. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
5. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)