Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(c) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
2. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(b) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(c) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
(d) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
3. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
(a) SS Psychiatrist.
(b) SS Auschwitz.
(c) SS Therapist.
(d) SS Indianapolis.
4. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are saddened by her illness and death.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(d) They are in denial.
5. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(a) Have an unhappy marriage.
(b) Create art.
(c) Divorce and remarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
2. In what year does the author's father die?
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
4. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
5. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)