|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(b) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
(c) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
(d) It is a beautiful city.
2. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
(a) High school.
(b) Camp Atterbury.
(d) Camp Harrison.
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They believe third parties are annoying.
(b) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(c) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(d) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
4. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their weights.
(c) Their appetites.
5. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
(a) Julie Keagan.
(b) Jen Klein.
(c) Jill Krementz.
(d) Jess Katz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
2. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
3. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
4. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
5. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)