|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
2. How do the author and Jill meet?
(a) At a movie premiere.
(b) At a baseball game.
(c) At an art gallery.
(d) At a production of a Vonnegut play.
3. Although Jill attends private school and vacations with the rich as a child, how does she provide for herself as a grown woman?
(a) Teaching English.
(b) Her photography and children's books.
(c) Running her own restaurant.
(d) Marrying a wealthy man.
4. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
(a) Jen Klein.
(b) Jill Krementz.
(c) Julie Keagan.
(d) Jess Katz.
5. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
(a) Reagan was a PFC, as was Vonnegut, and Bush was an aviator and war hero.
(b) One experiences warfare in sanitized movies and the other as an aviator who never has to see his victims.
(c) Neither of them had war experiences.
(d) Both had extensive experiences as members of the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
2. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
3. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
4. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
5. Who is the author of THE KILIMANJARO DEVICE?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)