|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(b) Winning a battle.
(c) Becoming enlightened.
(d) Winning the heart of a woman.
2. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(b) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(c) His daughter is very critical of him.
(d) He has never had a female friend.
3. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
4. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(b) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(c) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(d) Speak slowly and carefully.
5. What do many of Vonnegut's books, including this one, not include?
(a) Fantasy creatures.
(b) Individual human beings.
(d) Social groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
2. What does Vonnegut dream the world will be like in 1,000 years?
3. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
4. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
5. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)