|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
(a) Freedom of religion.
(b) Freedom of assembly.
(c) Freedom of the press.
(d) Freedom of speech.
2. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) They are from different cities in the United States.
(b) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
(c) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
(d) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
3. What features imperialism, the capture of other societies' lands, and treasure by arms?
(a) "Le Petit Prince."
(b) "The House of Mirth."
(c) "Hocus Pocus."
(d) "The Nation."
4. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
(b) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
(c) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(d) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
5. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The Twenty-First Amendment.
(b) The First Amendment.
(c) The Second Amendment.
(d) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
2. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
3. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
4. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
5. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)