|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak slowly and carefully.
(b) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(c) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(d) Speak cautiously and quietly.
2. What is the name of the infant that the Vonneguts adopt?
3. Who is Vonnegut's favorite translator, with whom he falls in platonic love?
(a) Rita Rait.
(b) Roberta Rambelli.
(c) Rachel Ray.
(d) Ramon Ramone.
4. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) Mark seems sad.
(b) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(c) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(d) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
5. What does Vonnegut compare to an alcoholic stockbroker not wanting his head in a Port Authority Bus Terminal toilet?
(a) Western Civilization builds weapons and convinces civilians to hate groups of humanity, but they do not want big wars.
(c) Third World Countries.
(d) Presidents Bush and Reagan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
2. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
3. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
4. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)