|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Conserving energy.
(b) Working towards a peacable agreement.
(d) Limiting waste.
2. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They believe third parties are annoying.
(b) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(c) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(d) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
4. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
(b) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
(c) The NRA militia commercials.
(d) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
5. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
2. What happens to all writers?
3. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
4. What features imperialism, the capture of other societies' lands, and treasure by arms?
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)