|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
(b) An art gallery.
(c) The symphony.
(d) An automobile race.
2. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
(a) The limerick is too long.
(b) Rait made this adjustment to her limerick.
(c) It sounds funny.
(d) This sound replaces dirty language.
3. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
(a) They must speak Italian, English, as well as another language.
(b) They must do as he says.
(c) They must ask him many questions about his work.
(d) They must be more gifted writers than he and speak at least two languages, including his.
4. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Becoming enlightened.
(b) Winning the heart of a woman.
(c) Winning a battle.
(d) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
5. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(c) Throw up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
2. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
3. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
4. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
5. Why does Vonnegut believe Christians have no alternative but to hate and then kill in imaginary self-defense?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)