|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(b) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
(c) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
(d) It is a beautiful city.
2. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
3. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
(a) J.K. Rowling.
(b) Michael Crichton.
(c) Dr. Seuss.
(d) Dr. Dre.
4. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
5. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
(b) Women and racial minorities.
(d) Elderly people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of THE KILIMANJARO DEVICE?
2. After high school what does Jill make Manhattan and the world?
3. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
4. Vonnegut's 1990 article in the New York Times observes that American humorists/satirists grow to be what past a certain age?
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)