|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
(b) They are from different cities in the United States.
(c) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
(d) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
2. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
(a) He forgets the date of his reunion.
(b) He catches pneumonia.
(c) He contracts Lyme disease.
(d) His plane is delayed.
3. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Conserving energy.
(b) Working towards a peacable agreement.
(d) Limiting waste.
4. When does Vonnegut get sick?
(a) When it is useful to him.
(b) In the fall.
(c) When he does not get enough sleep.
(d) In the spring.
5. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
(a) SS Indianapolis.
(b) SS Psychiatrist.
(c) SS Auschwitz.
(d) SS Therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will bust up all cultures and create a Third-World planet?
2. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
3. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
4. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)