|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
(a) Neither of them had war experiences.
(b) One experiences warfare in sanitized movies and the other as an aviator who never has to see his victims.
(c) Both had extensive experiences as members of the military.
(d) Reagan was a PFC, as was Vonnegut, and Bush was an aviator and war hero.
2. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(c) Heart disease.
3. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) The NRA militia commercials.
(b) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
(c) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
(d) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
4. What do many of Vonnegut's books, including this one, not include?
(a) Fantasy creatures.
(c) Social groups.
(d) Individual human beings.
5. How does Rita Rait become the winner of a limerick contest?
(a) She creates a competition and enters her own work.
(b) She is married to the judge.
(c) She is the best limerick writer in Russia.
(d) She wins the prize left by an eccentric British millionaire for the wittiest original limerick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
2. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
3. The "Religious Revival" Vonnegut describes has two commandments. What are they?
4. Jane gives birth to how many children?
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)