|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(d) Heart disease.
2. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
(a) It buys more electronic devices to distract itself.
(b) It reacts in a similar way to those who are addicted.
(c) It realizes that its addiction is affecting human life, but it does not care.
(d) It continues to be ignorant of the disease and continues to allow those who are sick to be kept in positions of power.
3. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(b) Speak slowly and carefully.
(c) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(d) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
4. Who does Vonnegut marry in 1979?
(a) Jen Klein.
(b) Jill Krementz.
(c) Julie Keagan.
(d) Jess Katz.
5. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
(a) Rait made this adjustment to her limerick.
(b) This sound replaces dirty language.
(c) It sounds funny.
(d) The limerick is too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
2. How do the author and Jill meet?
3. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
5. What does Vonnegut compare to an alcoholic stockbroker not wanting his head in a Port Authority Bus Terminal toilet?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)