|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
(a) His dad taught him how to shoot a gun.
(b) He has watched many war movies.
(c) He is a Private First Class.
(d) He is part of the NRA.
2. What does the Reverend oppose?
(a) The demi-god given right to consider any idea one wants.
(c) Using fertility drugs to become pregnant.
(d) stemcell research.
3. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His high school, Warren Central.
(b) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
(c) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
(d) His grandchildren.
4. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) The NRA militia commercials.
(b) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
(c) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
(d) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
5. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
(a) Liberty's lusty birth cries.
(b) The ringing of the Liberty Bell.
(c) Cries of love for all people.
(d) The cry for freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
2. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
3. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
4. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
5. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)