|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
(b) Women and racial minorities.
(c) Elderly people.
2. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
(b) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
(c) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(d) Americans are too upset by World War I.
3. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
4. What does Vonnegut require of translators?
(a) They must ask him many questions about his work.
(b) They must do as he says.
(c) They must be more gifted writers than he and speak at least two languages, including his.
(d) They must speak Italian, English, as well as another language.
5. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Conserving energy.
(c) Limiting waste.
(d) Working towards a peacable agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
2. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
3. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
4. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
5. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)