|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
(a) Women and racial minorities.
(c) Elderly people.
2. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Leif Ericson.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
3. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
(a) The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
(b) Freedom from knowing humans will render the planet uninhabitable.
(c) The Fourth of July Fireworks.
(d) Friends from school.
4. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(c) Abstract Expressionism.
(d) Modern Dance.
5. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) Perfect example of democracy.
(c) Pornographic sleaze.
(d) East Germany propaganda.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what event can ordinary humans not learn how much pain and humiliation to endure before calling an end to everything?
2. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
3. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
4. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
5. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)