|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(c) Hip hop.
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
(a) Mental illness is chemically based.
(b) A cold is the main cause of mental illness.
(c) Early trauma causes mental illness.
(d) Mental illness is caused by the sufferer's environment.
3. What do many of Vonnegut's books, including this one, not include?
(a) Fantasy creatures.
(b) Individual human beings.
(c) Social groups.
4. What happens to all writers?
(a) They become more famous with age.
(b) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(c) They grow dated.
(d) They grow to be better writers.
5. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
(b) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(c) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
(d) Only men can be part of a militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
2. How do jokes work?
3. What limits Algren's popularity?
4. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
5. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)