|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their weights.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their appetites.
2. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He loves architecture.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) He is an architect.
3. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 100 years.
4. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(b) A large cabin in the valley.
(c) A brownstone apartment
(d) A camping tent.
5. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(b) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(c) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(d) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
2. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
3. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
4. What will bust up all cultures and create a Third-World planet?
5. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)