|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) They have been so foreshortened.
(b) They are very young.
(c) There are more writers.
(d) There are more people being born.
2. What does Vonnegut believe may unite mankind, by creating a generation that does not need to fight to be disillusioned by war?
(c) World peace.
3. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
(a) He is a non-Anglo-Saxon.
(b) He is not as wealthy as other in Cape Cod.
(c) He is an Anglo-Saxon.
(d) He is not as intelligent as others in Cape Cod.
4. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
(b) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(c) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(d) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
5. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Camp fires.
(b) His first map of the world.
(c) Imaginary friends.
(d) A wooden canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do jokes work?
2. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
3. What does the U.S. allow for 100 years before diagnosing it as a social disease and fighting it?
4. Why are Vonnegut's jokes not funny?
5. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)