|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They both paint.
(b) They love New York City.
(c) They are both of German descent.
(d) They are both writers.
2. What will bust up all cultures and create a Third-World planet?
3. What features imperialism, the capture of other societies' lands, and treasure by arms?
(a) "The Nation."
(b) "Le Petit Prince."
(c) "The House of Mirth."
(d) "Hocus Pocus."
4. The "Religious Revival" Vonnegut describes has two commandments. What are they?
(a) Stop thinking and obey.
(b) Be free and live in peace.
(c) Have no other god but me and other thy father and they mother.
(d) Divide and conquer.
5. Why are certain words in Rait's limerick replaced with the sound "dah" when recited on the BBC?
(a) The limerick is too long.
(b) It sounds funny.
(c) Rait made this adjustment to her limerick.
(d) This sound replaces dirty language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
2. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
3. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
4. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
5. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)