|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what event can ordinary humans not learn how much pain and humiliation to endure before calling an end to everything?
(a) Romans throwing the Christians to the lions.
(b) Sending the Tibetans into exhile.
(c) Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
2. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
(a) Pierre August Renoir.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
(b) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
(c) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(d) The American Writers Academy.
4. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
5. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
(a) An automobile race.
(b) The symphony.
(d) An art gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
2. How does Rita Rait become the winner of a limerick contest?
3. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
4. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
5. After high school what does Jill make Manhattan and the world?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)