|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita Rait become the winner of a limerick contest?
(a) She wins the prize left by an eccentric British millionaire for the wittiest original limerick.
(b) She is the best limerick writer in Russia.
(c) She is married to the judge.
(d) She creates a competition and enters her own work.
2. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
(c) Corporal punishment.
3. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
(a) His plane is delayed.
(b) He forgets the date of his reunion.
(c) He catches pneumonia.
(d) He contracts Lyme disease.
4. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The Second Amendment.
(b) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
(c) The Twenty-First Amendment.
(d) The First Amendment.
5. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Bishop Moore.
(b) Jack Spratt.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Joe Crone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
2. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
3. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
4. What does Vonnegut believe may unite mankind, by creating a generation that does not need to fight to be disillusioned by war?
5. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)