|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(d) Throw up.
2. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(c) Human figures.
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They believe third parties are annoying.
(b) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
4. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Pierre August Renoir.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(d) Edith Wharton.
5. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
(b) Corporal punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
2. What is the definition of this society of which Dr. Robert Redfield speaks?
3. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
4. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)