|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) Heart of Darkness.
(b) Land of Darkness.
(c) Deep in Darkness.
(d) The Dark Continent.
2. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
(b) Vonnegut's mother.
(c) Vonnegut's sister.
(d) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
3. Who is the author of THE KILIMANJARO DEVICE?
(a) Mark Vonnegut.
(b) Ray Bradbury.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(d) Jane Austen.
4. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
5. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(b) Throw up.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
2. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
3. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
4. Those with addiction eventually hit rock bottom. Vonnegut believes Western Civilization hit rock bottom in World War I. Unlike those with addictions who admit that their addiction is ruining their lives, how does Western Civilization react to hitting rock bottom?
5. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)