|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(c) Hip hop.
2. How do jokes work?
(a) Comedians and the audienceshare a funny moment.
(b) By hooking and releasing the listener, causing the release of fight-or-flight chemicals through laughter.
(c) The comedian tells the audience something funny about society that seems outrageous but is true.
(d) Jokes connect the listener to other listeners.
3. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
(a) the day of his mother's suicide.
(b) His sister's birth.
(c) O'Hare's death.
(d) The day he is first married.
4. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar condominiums.
(b) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
(c) billion-dollar financial institutions.
(d) billion-dollar airplanes.
5. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Winning the heart of a woman.
(b) Becoming enlightened.
(c) Winning a battle.
(d) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
2. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
3. What will bust up all cultures and create a Third-World planet?
4. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
5. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)