|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What features imperialism, the capture of other societies' lands, and treasure by arms?
(a) "Le Petit Prince."
(b) "Hocus Pocus."
(c) "The Nation."
(d) "The House of Mirth."
2. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Becoming enlightened.
(b) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(c) Winning a battle.
(d) Winning the heart of a woman.
3. What is the name of the Bishop Vonnegut travels with to the Galapagos?
(a) Bishop Vale.
(b) Bishop Morgan.
(c) Bishop Moore.
(d) Bishop Smith.
4. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
(a) High school.
(b) Camp Harrison.
(d) Camp Atterbury.
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) violent protests.
(b) vulgar language.
(c) violence against ethnic minorities.
(d) violence against women and kiddy porn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the U.S. allow for 100 years before diagnosing it as a social disease and fighting it?
2. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
3. Where does Vonnegut meet his first wife?
4. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)