|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(b) They love to create work for collectors.
(c) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(d) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
2. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His friend O'Hare.
(b) A stranger.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sister.
3. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(b) They are saddened by her illness and death.
(c) They are in denial.
(d) They are embarrassed.
4. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
(a) The Attorney General's Commission on Pornography.
(b) The Attorney General's Commission on Gun Control.
(c) The Attorney General's Commission on Religious Freedom.
(d) The Attorney General's Commission Civil Rights.
5. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
2. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
3. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
4. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
5. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)