|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
(d) Bipolar disorder.
2. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
3. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(a) Epta mayan-boys.
(b) Black Feathers.
4. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Imaginary friends.
(b) A wooden canoe.
(c) His first map of the world.
(d) Camp fires.
5. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
(a) There are more writers.
(b) They have been so foreshortened.
(c) They are very young.
(d) There are more people being born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
2. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
4. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
5. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)