|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) Freedom of the press.
(d) Freedom of assembly.
2. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
(a) SS Therapist.
(b) SS Indianapolis.
(c) SS Auschwitz.
(d) SS Psychiatrist.
3. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Winning a battle.
(b) Winning the heart of a woman.
(c) Becoming enlightened.
(d) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
4. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak slowly and carefully.
(b) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
(c) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(d) Speak cautiously and quietly.
5. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
(c) Black Feathers.
(d) Epta mayan-boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
2. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
3. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
4. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)