|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Camp fires.
(b) Imaginary friends.
(c) A wooden canoe.
(d) His first map of the world.
2. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) Blood Diamond.
(b) The Brothers Grimm.
(c) The Brothers Karamazov.
(d) Blood Brothers.
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(b) Hip hop.
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(b) Ideas from critics.
(c) A painter's machine.
(d) Early sketches.
5. Why is Father desperate for uncritical female friendship?
(a) He has never had a female friend.
(b) His wife says hateful, horrible things to him late at night.
(c) His wife is thoughtful and caring.
(d) His daughter is very critical of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
2. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
3. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
4. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)