|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
(b) The Second Amendment.
(c) The First Amendment.
(d) The Twenty-First Amendment.
2. What ethnic groups does the Attorney General's Commission label as "terrorists" whenever possible?
3. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
(b) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
(c) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(d) The American Writers Academy.
4. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(b) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
(c) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(d) They love to create work for collectors.
5. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) Human figures.
(c) A horizon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
2. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
3. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)