|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
(a) Speak slowly and carefully.
(b) Speak cautiously and quietly.
(c) Speak stupidly and gain popularity.
(d) Speak rudely and arrogantly.
2. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Leif Ericson.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) Franz Ferdinand.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
3. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(d) Human figures.
4. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Keith Haring.
(b) George Segal.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) Mary Cassatt.
5. What happens to all writers?
(a) They become more famous with age.
(b) They grow dated.
(c) They grow to be better writers.
(d) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
2. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
3. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
4. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
5. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)