|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
2. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
(a) Vonnegut's sister.
(b) Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
(c) Vonnegut's mother.
(d) Vonnegut's Uncle Alex.
3. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(b) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(c) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
(d) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
4. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(c) Human figures.
5. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(b) He does not like the how it ends.
(c) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(d) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
2. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
3. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
4. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
5. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)