|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) He is an architect.
(b) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(c) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(d) He loves architecture.
2. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
(a) They think she is not healthy enough to marry.
(b) They do not trust Vonnegut.
(c) They think she is too young to marry.
(d) They worry about her getting mixed up with Germans.
3. What happens to all writers?
(a) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(b) They grow to be better writers.
(c) They grow dated.
(d) They become more famous with age.
4. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
(b) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(c) The American Writers Academy.
(d) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
5. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) Freedom of assembly.
(d) Freedom of the press.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
2. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
3. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)