|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(b) Ideas from critics.
(c) Early sketches.
(d) A painter's machine.
2. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
(a) Heart disease.
3. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(b) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(c) He does not like the how it ends.
(d) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
4. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
(a) Camp fires.
(b) Imaginary friends.
(c) A wooden canoe.
(d) His first map of the world.
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
(a) Hydrochloric acid.
(b) Carbon dioxide.
(c) Hydrofluoric acid.
(d) Hydrogen dioxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
2. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
3. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
4. What happens to all writers?
5. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)