|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In promoting his religious quest.
(b) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
(c) In engaging society in healthy practices.
(d) In Buddhist doctrines.
2. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
(a) An unheated frame cottage on a bluff.
(b) A brownstone apartment
(c) A camping tent.
(d) A large cabin in the valley.
3. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(b) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(c) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(d) Mark seems sad.
4. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
(a) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about the Second Amendment.
(b) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about gun control.
(c) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about needing the government's aid in suppressing harmful words and images.
(d) His sarcasm refer to the remark he makes about suppressing harmful words and images on his own.
5. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
(a) Alcohol and prescribed barbituates.
(b) Her mean husband.
(c) A traumatic experience.
(d) Her addiction to cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
2. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
3. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
5. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)