|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
(a) billion-dollar airplanes.
(b) billion-dollar NASA spacecraft.
(c) billion-dollar condominiums.
(d) billion-dollar financial institutions.
2. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His sister.
(b) A stranger.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His friend O'Hare.
3. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
(b) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(c) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(d) They love to create work for collectors.
4. The Reverend wants which amendment to conform to his version of Christianity?
(a) The First Amendment.
(b) The Second Amendment.
(c) The Twenty-Seventh Amendment.
(d) The Twenty-First Amendment.
5. Vonnegut laments that people can say atrocious things in public, but he is charged with encouraging what?
(a) violence against ethnic minorities.
(b) vulgar language.
(c) violent protests.
(d) violence against women and kiddy porn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his home on Lake Maxincuckee?
2. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
3. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
4. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
5. What happens to all writers?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)