|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after many years, what is imprinted in Vonnegut's mind?
(a) Geist Lake where he went boating.
(b) Lake Maxincuckee where he swims with his siblings.
(c) Lake Michigan where he played in the sand.
(d) Culver Lake where he is a lifeguard.
2. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
(c) They are saddened by her illness and death.
(d) They are in denial.
3. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Leif Ericson.
(d) Marco Polo.
4. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their weights.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their appetites.
5. Why does Vonnegut like to write pieces for Architectural Digest?
(a) As a tribute to his son, Mark.
(b) As a tribute to his father and grandfather.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He loves architecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
2. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
3. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
4. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
5. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)