|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their weights.
(c) Their appetites.
2. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(b) They love to create work for collectors.
(c) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(d) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
3. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
(a) They both paint.
(b) They are both writers.
(c) They love New York City.
(d) They are both of German descent.
4. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
5. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) His lack of connections.
(b) His distinct odor.
(c) His foul personality.
(d) A penchant for truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the cause of mental illness?
2. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
3. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
4. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
5. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)