|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(b) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(c) He does not like the how it ends.
(d) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
2. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
(b) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(c) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
(d) The American Writers Academy.
3. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their hearts.
(c) Their weights.
(d) Their appetites.
4. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They believe third parties are annoying.
(b) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
5. He compares his adventures at Lake Maxincuckee to what explorer?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) Franz Ferdinand.
(d) Leif Ericson.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
2. Who founds the Indianapolis chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in 1955?
3. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
4. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
5. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)