|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(b) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(c) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(d) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
2. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
(a) SS Auschwitz.
(b) SS Therapist.
(c) SS Psychiatrist.
(d) SS Indianapolis.
3. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
(a) Freedom of assembly.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) Freedom of the press.
4. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They share a German surname.
(c) They both have pet dogs.
(d) They are both Jewish.
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is dead of a heart attack.
(b) He is already at the party.
(c) He is not at home.
(d) He does not answer the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
2. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
3. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
4. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
5. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)