|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) Human figures.
(c) A horizon.
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Photo Realism.
(b) Abstract Expressionism.
(c) Post Modernism.
3. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(a) Have an unhappy marriage.
(b) Create art.
(d) Divorce and remarry.
4. The Attorney General's Commission compares anything that sounds like the Sermon on the Mount to what?
5. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
(b) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
2. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
3. What is the title of the book Jane writes about raising their kids on Cape Cod?
4. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
5. What tribal name do the Vonneguts give themselves?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)