|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(b) A painter's machine.
(c) Ideas from critics.
(d) Early sketches.
2. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
(b) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(c) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(d) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
3. What is the name of Vonnegut's unfinished book depicting a doctor using talk therapy at Auschwitz to treat staff members' depression?
(a) SS Auschwitz.
(b) SS Indianapolis.
(c) SS Therapist.
(d) SS Psychiatrist.
4. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(b) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(c) He does not like the how it ends.
(d) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
5. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Mary Cassatt.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Keith Haring.
(d) George Segal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
2. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
3. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
4. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
5. What does Vonnegut create during his summers at Lake Maxincuckee in southern Indiana?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)