|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Reverend oppose?
(a) Using fertility drugs to become pregnant.
(b) stemcell research.
(d) The demi-god given right to consider any idea one wants.
2. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(b) Mark seems sad.
(c) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(d) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
3. What is Vonnegut's sarcasm referring to when he mentions scales falling from his eyes?
(a) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about the Second Amendment.
(b) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about gun control.
(c) His sarcasm refers to a remark he makes about needing the government's aid in suppressing harmful words and images.
(d) His sarcasm refer to the remark he makes about suppressing harmful words and images on his own.
4. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not like the how it ends.
(b) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(c) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(d) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
5. How are Vonnegut and Elie Wiesel the same?
(a) They are both Jewish.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They share a German surname.
(d) They both have pet dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Nancy Andreassen finds that people in what profession tend to be depressive or come from depressive families more often than in the general public?
2. What do Vonnegut's grown children jointly own?
3. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
4. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
5. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)