|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Mary Cassatt.
(b) George Segal.
(c) Keith Haring.
(d) Jackson Pollock.
2. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His grandchildren.
(b) His high school, Warren Central.
(c) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
(d) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
3. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
(a) They do not believe that one can recover from bipolar disorder.
(b) Mark has all the symptoms of someone who is depressed.
(c) They do not believe that one can recover from schizophrenia.
(d) Mark seems sad.
4. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
(a) The American Association of Writers of Historical Fiction.
(b) The American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
(c) The American Actors and Writers Equity.
(d) The American Writers Academy.
5. What does Vonnegut's degree in anthropology teach him about villains?
(a) The "villains" are art, music, and dance, not culture.
(b) The "villains" are drugs, theft, and rape, not society.
(c) The "villains" are culture, society, and history, not drugs.
(d) The "villains" are drugs, sex, and rock and roll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
3. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
4. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
5. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)