|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(b) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(c) He does not like the how it ends.
(d) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
2. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
(b) In promoting his religious quest.
(c) In Buddhist doctrines.
(d) In engaging society in healthy practices.
3. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
4. Vonnegut defends what freedom?
(a) Freedom of religion.
(b) Freedom of assembly.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) Freedom of the press.
5. What is the best reason for why Vonnegut's family keeps his mother's insanity and suicide a secret?
(a) They are saddened by her illness and death.
(b) They are in denial.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They are hoping to avoid repelling prospective in-laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut believes that the goal in the U.S. is only to train intelligent, well-educated people to do what?
2. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
3. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
4. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
5. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)