|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Reverend finds "Slaughterhouse Five", as well as "Deliverance" and "Catcher in the Rye," falling short in what way?
(a) In Christian behavior and attitudes.
(b) In engaging society in healthy practices.
(c) In promoting his religious quest.
(d) In Buddhist doctrines.
2. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(b) They believe third parties are annoying.
(c) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(d) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
4. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
(a) The Brothers Grimm.
(b) Blood Brothers.
(c) The Brothers Karamazov.
(d) Blood Diamond.
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is not at home.
(b) He is dead of a heart attack.
(c) He is already at the party.
(d) He does not answer the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
2. To what author's work does Vonnegut compare the Bill of Rights' First Amendment?
3. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
4. What do Jane and Vonnegut have in common?
5. Why do psychiatrists believe Mark is a misdiagnosed depressive?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)