|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
(a) Carbon dioxide.
(b) Hydrogen dioxide.
(c) Hydrochloric acid.
(d) Hydrofluoric acid.
2. The Attorney General's Commission believes that sufferers of what disease get what they deserve?
(b) Heart disease.
3. Why did Jane Cox's relatives question her marriage to Vonnegut?
(a) They worry about her getting mixed up with Germans.
(b) They do not trust Vonnegut.
(c) They think she is too young to marry.
(d) They think she is not healthy enough to marry.
4. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(b) He does not like the how it ends.
(c) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(d) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
5. What government authority has several of its members involved in financial or sexual atrocities, as well as advocating for civilians to be armed with assault rifles?
(a) The Attorney General's Commission Civil Rights.
(b) The Attorney General's Commission on Pornography.
(c) The Attorney General's Commission on Religious Freedom.
(d) The Attorney General's Commission on Gun Control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
2. What mental illness does the author's son suffer and recover from?
3. What causes the author's mother's untreated insanity?
4. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
5. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)