Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
(a) His cats.
(b) World War I.
(c) His writing.
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) A horizon.
(b) Human figures.
3. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(c) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
(d) They believe third parties are annoying.
4. Who buys the lake house but allows Vonnegut and his bride to honeymoon there?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His friend O'Hare.
(d) A stranger.
5. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Attorney General's Commission, what is worth its expensive price tag?
2. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
3. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
4. What novel about the state of people's portable souls does Jane ask Vonnegut to read?
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)