|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Vonnegut get sick?
(a) When it is useful to him.
(b) When he does not get enough sleep.
(c) In the fall.
(d) In the spring.
2. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(b) He does not like the how it ends.
(c) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(d) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
3. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(a) Divorce and remarry.
(b) Create art.
(d) Have an unhappy marriage.
4. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
5. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) George Segal.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Mary Cassatt.
(d) Keith Haring.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
2. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
3. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
4. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
5. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)