|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Abstract Expressionism.
(c) Photo Realism.
(d) Post Modernism.
2. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(a) Throw up.
3. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
(b) It is a beautiful city.
(c) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(d) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
4. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
(a) He has watched many war movies.
(b) His dad taught him how to shoot a gun.
(c) He is a Private First Class.
(d) He is part of the NRA.
5. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
(a) He wishes he could have been a graduate of the University of Rhode Island.
(b) Colleges should spread the important stuff over four years, instead of saving it all up for the very end.
(c) They should enjoy this day, because real life begins tomorrow.
(d) College is a waste of time, and they should make the world their university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
2. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
3. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
4. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)