|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Vonnegut get sick?
(a) In the spring.
(b) When he does not get enough sleep.
(c) In the fall.
(d) When it is useful to him.
2. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(d) Throw up.
3. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
(a) the day of his mother's suicide.
(b) The day he is first married.
(c) His sister's birth.
(d) O'Hare's death.
4. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) Land of Darkness.
(b) The Dark Continent.
(c) Heart of Darkness.
(d) Deep in Darkness.
5. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(b) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(c) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(d) He does not like the how it ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
2. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
3. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
4. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)