|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(b) Becoming enlightened.
(c) Winning the heart of a woman.
(d) Winning a battle.
2. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 200 years.
3. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(d) Heart disease.
4. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
(a) Camp Atterbury.
(c) High school.
(d) Camp Harrison.
5. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(b) A horizon.
(d) Human figures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
2. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
3. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
4. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
5. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)