|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
(a) His son, Kurt Vonnegut Sr..
(b) His birthplace, Indianapolis.
(c) His high school, Warren Central.
(d) His grandchildren.
2. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
(a) The "Modern Society" stage.
(b) The "Marxist Society" stage.
(c) The "Fauvist Society" stage.
(d) The "Folk Society" stage.
3. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
(a) The people in "Skyscraper National Park."
(c) The Mayans of Central America.
(d) Native North Americans.
4. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
(c) Corporal punishment.
5. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) His cats.
(c) His writing.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell 1990 graduates of the University of Rhode Island?
2. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
3. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
4. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
5. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)