|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their appetites.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their weights.
2. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 100 years.
3. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
(a) His plane is delayed.
(b) He catches pneumonia.
(c) He forgets the date of his reunion.
(d) He contracts Lyme disease.
4. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(a) Have an unhappy marriage.
(c) Create art.
(d) Divorce and remarry.
5. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Winning the heart of a woman.
(b) Becoming enlightened.
(c) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(d) Winning a battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
2. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
3. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
4. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
5. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)