|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
(a) Gluten Deficiency.
(b) Auto-Immune Deficiency.
(c) Folk Society Deficiency.
(d) Vitamin B Deficiency.
2. What is the definition of this society of which Dr. Robert Redfield speaks?
(a) It is an organization that teaches folk dances of various cultures.
(b) It is isolated geographically and members agree on what life is about and behave uniformly.
(c) It is an organization that encourages country living.
(d) It is a wide-spread belief in diversity and acceptance of others.
3. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
(a) The "Folk Society" stage.
(b) The "Marxist Society" stage.
(c) The "Fauvist Society" stage.
(d) The "Modern Society" stage.
4. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
(a) Elderly people.
(d) Women and racial minorities.
5. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(b) Winning the heart of a woman.
(c) Becoming enlightened.
(d) Winning a battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
2. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
3. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
5. What limits Algren's popularity?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)