|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(a) Post Modernism.
(c) Photo Realism.
(d) Abstract Expressionism.
2. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(b) Their appetites.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their weights.
3. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
(a) He forgets the date of his reunion.
(b) He catches pneumonia.
(c) He contracts Lyme disease.
(d) His plane is delayed.
4. What happens to all writers?
(a) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(b) They become more famous with age.
(c) They grow to be better writers.
(d) They grow dated.
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(b) Hip hop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
2. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
3. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
5. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)