|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Only men can be part of a militia.
(b) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(c) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
(d) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
2. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) Heart of Darkness.
(b) Land of Darkness.
(c) The Dark Continent.
(d) Deep in Darkness.
3. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
(b) Camp Harrison.
(c) High school.
(d) Camp Atterbury.
4. What is the definition of this society of which Dr. Robert Redfield speaks?
(a) It is an organization that encourages country living.
(b) It is an organization that teaches folk dances of various cultures.
(c) It is isolated geographically and members agree on what life is about and behave uniformly.
(d) It is a wide-spread belief in diversity and acceptance of others.
5. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(b) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
(c) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
(d) It is a beautiful city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
2. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
3. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
4. What does the U.S. allow for 100 years before diagnosing it as a social disease and fighting it?
5. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)