|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
(a) Writing is tedious, so intruders, or third parties, are refreshing.
(b) They grow insecure when third parties give their opinions.
(c) They believe third parties are annoying.
(d) They dislike third parties as much as artists.
2. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) Americans are too upset by World War I.
(b) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(c) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
(d) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
3. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(b) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
(c) It is a beautiful city.
(d) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
4. What date lives forever in infamy for Vonnegut?
(a) O'Hare's death.
(b) The day he is first married.
(c) the day of his mother's suicide.
(d) His sister's birth.
5. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(c) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
2. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
3. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
4. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
5. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)