|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) His foul personality.
(b) A penchant for truth.
(c) His distinct odor.
(d) His lack of connections.
2. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
3. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
(a) Cries of love for all people.
(b) Liberty's lusty birth cries.
(c) The ringing of the Liberty Bell.
(d) The cry for freedom.
4. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
(a) He finds them to be entertaining.
(b) He would like to be able to join Heston in the commercials.
(c) Vonnegut sees nothing wrong with encouraging the general public to carry military weapons.
(d) Vonnegut believes military weapons, like loathsome germs, kill people every day and does not approve of the commercials.
5. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
(a) He contracts Lyme disease.
(b) He forgets the date of his reunion.
(c) His plane is delayed.
(d) He catches pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to all writers?
2. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
3. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
4. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
5. What does Vonnegut say happens to American literary history, that "generations" of writers are separated by less than twenty years?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)