|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
(a) He is a non-Anglo-Saxon.
(b) He is not as intelligent as others in Cape Cod.
(c) He is an Anglo-Saxon.
(d) He is not as wealthy as other in Cape Cod.
2. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
(a) High school.
(c) Camp Harrison.
(d) Camp Atterbury.
3. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(b) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(c) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
(d) He does not like the how it ends.
4. Why does Vonnegut feel lucky to have been born in Indianapolis?
(a) Indianapolis is the center of the art world.
(b) It is a beautiful city.
(c) He treasures the friendships he made in Indianapolis.
(d) He receives a rich and humane primary and secondary education.
5. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(b) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
(c) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
(d) Only men can be part of a militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
2. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
3. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
4. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
5. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)