|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) Early sketches.
(b) Ideas from critics.
(c) A painter's machine.
2. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
3. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their appetites.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their weights.
4. What do the free speech provisions of the First Amendment make Vonnegut want to do?
(c) Throw up.
5. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
(a) Only men can be part of a militia.
(b) Not unless they are recruited, led, motivated, or restrained by anything but their own perceptions.
(c) Most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia."
(d) Only those civilians who pass a test should be considered part of a militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
2. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
3. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
4. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)