|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
2. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) The NRA militia commercials.
(b) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
(c) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
(d) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
3. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
(a) He is an Anglo-Saxon.
(b) He is a non-Anglo-Saxon.
(c) He is not as intelligent as others in Cape Cod.
(d) He is not as wealthy as other in Cape Cod.
4. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
5. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Vonnegut get sick?
2. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
3. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
4. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
5. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)