|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe about professional artists' opinions on vocal third parties, such as critics, curators, and collectors?
(a) They love to create work for collectors.
(b) They like to receive criticism from third parties.
(c) They are happiest when they do not have to worry about other's opinions.
(d) They constantly ask for approval from critics, curators, and collectors.
2. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
(a) Liberty's lusty birth cries.
(b) The cry for freedom.
(c) The ringing of the Liberty Bell.
(d) Cries of love for all people.
3. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
(b) Corporal punishment.
4. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not like the how it ends.
(b) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(c) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(d) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
5. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) A painter's machine.
(b) Early sketches.
(c) Ideas from critics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
2. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
3. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
4. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
5. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)