|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
(a) Columbus, OH.
(b) Seattle, Washington.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Baltimore, MD.
2. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
(a) He forgets the date of his reunion.
(b) He contracts Lyme disease.
(c) His plane is delayed.
(d) He catches pneumonia.
3. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(a) Human figures.
(d) A horizon.
4. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not like the how it ends.
(b) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(c) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(d) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
5. What happens to all writers?
(a) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
(b) They become more famous with age.
(c) They grow to be better writers.
(d) They grow dated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the definition of this society of which Dr. Robert Redfield speaks?
2. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
3. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
5. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)