|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
(a) Vitamin B Deficiency.
(b) Folk Society Deficiency.
(c) Gluten Deficiency.
(d) Auto-Immune Deficiency.
3. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(b) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
(c) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
(d) Americans are too upset by World War I.
4. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) Early sketches.
(b) A painter's machine.
(c) Ideas from critics.
5. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Mary Cassatt.
(b) Keith Haring.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) George Segal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
2. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
3. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
4. What does Vonnegut tell Hemingway scholars defines his fellow Midwesterner?
5. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)