|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
(a) Ideas from critics.
(c) Early sketches.
(d) A painter's machine.
2. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(a) Create art.
(b) Have an unhappy marriage.
(c) Divorce and remarry.
3. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
(a) Deep in Darkness.
(b) Land of Darkness.
(c) The Dark Continent.
(d) Heart of Darkness.
4. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
(b) Abstract Expressionism.
(c) Photo Realism.
(d) Post Modernism.
5. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
(a) Hydrogen dioxide.
(b) Hydrochloric acid.
(c) Hydrofluoric acid.
(d) Carbon dioxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
2. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
3. What limits Algren's popularity?
4. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)