|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
2. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their weights.
(d) Their appetites.
3. Who is the Cody, Wyoming, artist who is America's foremost adventurer in the Abstract Expressionist movement?
(a) Mary Cassatt.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) George Segal.
(d) Keith Haring.
4. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Seattle, Washington.
(c) Columbus, OH.
(d) Baltimore, MD.
5. Vonnegut is the third person in his family to have a one-person show and the second to put in time in a "laughing academy." What is he the first to do?
(b) Divorce and remarry.
(c) Create art.
(d) Have an unhappy marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
2. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
3. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
4. Does Vonnegut believe that most civilians can be considered a "well-regulated militia?"
5. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)