|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut is enthusiastic about Pollock's work, but what does he feel is missing from Pollock's paintings?
(b) A horizon.
(d) Human figures.
2. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
(a) Hip hop.
3. Why does the Spanish Civil War give Hemingway material rather than World War I?
(a) Americans are too upset by World War I.
(b) Hemingway knows more about the Spanish Civil War than World War I.
(c) The U.S. enters World War I too late to have war stories.
(d) The Spanish Civial War has more exciting battles than World War I.
4. How much does Vonnegut believe is enough to make a masterpiece? Beyond that, it is like empty talk at the end of a party.
5. Sufferers of what deficiency seek to become members of a crazy artificial extended family?
(a) Vitamin B Deficiency.
(b) Gluten Deficiency.
(c) Auto-Immune Deficiency.
(d) Folk Society Deficiency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
2. How does Vonnegut believe a writer's opinion about vocal third parties differs from that of a visual artist?
3. What happens to all writers?
4. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
5. Why does Vonnegut feel out of intellectual step with his new neighbors in Cape Cod?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)