|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe it is time to hear?
(a) Liberty's lusty birth cries.
(b) The ringing of the Liberty Bell.
(c) Cries of love for all people.
(d) The cry for freedom.
2. Why does Vonnegut miss his 50th high school reunion?
(a) He contracts Lyme disease.
(b) He catches pneumonia.
(c) He forgets the date of his reunion.
(d) His plane is delayed.
3. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
(c) Elderly people.
(d) Women and racial minorities.
4. Why is Vonnegut good with guns?
(a) He is a Private First Class.
(b) He has watched many war movies.
(c) His dad taught him how to shoot a gun.
(d) He is part of the NRA.
5. Why is Algren bitter over his masterpiece, The Man with the Golden Arm?
(a) He does not think it is a masterpiece.
(b) He does not like the how it ends.
(c) He fears he will not be able to create another masterpiece.
(d) He receives very little for his masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gestation period of 'possums is twelve days and Indian elephants twenty-two months. What does the author believe is the gestation period for American liberty?
2. What does Vonnegut's late grandfather, Bernard, whom Vonnegut never meets, scorn?
3. Unlike many short-lived 20th-century art movements, what movement has more enthusiasts than ever?
4. What does Vonnegut believe is the United State's only true art form prior to Jackson Pollock's work?
5. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)