|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
(a) Their appetites.
(b) Their weights.
(c) Their hearts.
2. What does Vonnegut believe all women bottle inside of themselves, which his mother releases unwittingly at midnight?
(a) Hydrofluoric acid.
(b) Hydrogen dioxide.
(c) Hydrochloric acid.
(d) Carbon dioxide.
3. What happens to all writers?
(a) They become more famous with age.
(b) They grow to be better writers.
(c) They grow dated.
(d) Their stories grow more optimistic with each passing year.
4. What does the U.S. allow for 100 years before diagnosing it as a social disease and fighting it?
(b) Civil war.
5. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
(b) Women and racial minorities.
(c) Elderly people.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Vonnegut get sick?
2. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
3. Besides Indianapolis what other U.S. city is designed by the architect L'Enfant?
4. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
5. Of what consisting of upper and lower houses is Hemingway a member?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)