|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is dead of a heart attack.
(b) He does not answer the phone.
(c) He is not at home.
(d) He is already at the party.
2. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Becoming enlightened.
(b) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(c) Winning the heart of a woman.
(d) Winning a battle.
3. To what does Vonnegut compare censorship's always being on the rise, around, and undiagnosed?
(d) Heart disease.
4. Where does Vonnegut first meet O'Hare?
(b) Camp Atterbury.
(c) Camp Harrison.
(d) High school.
5. Whose art does Father celebrate, as if it is a Pieta or Sistine chapel ceiling?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a writer Vonnegut is an anthropologist and writes about what acculturated primitive people?
2. What are heavy among the writers Vonnegut cares about?
3. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
4. In which art form does Father show promise before the Great Depression?
5. What does Dr. Robert Redfield insist every society passes through?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)