|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nearing economic, legal, and social equality only in Vonnegut's lifetime?
(c) Women and racial minorities.
(d) Elderly people.
2. What happens to Algren that keeps Vonnegut from asking if Rushdie may join them at his party?
(a) He is not at home.
(b) He does not answer the phone.
(c) He is already at the party.
(d) He is dead of a heart attack.
3. What limits Algren's popularity?
(a) His lack of connections.
(b) A penchant for truth.
(c) His distinct odor.
(d) His foul personality.
4. What does Vonnegut assert is often Hemingway's male characters' greatest reward?
(a) Winning the heart of a woman.
(b) Males feeling love for one another in proximity to danger.
(c) Becoming enlightened.
(d) Winning a battle.
5. What does the author use as a recurrent symbol of U.S. political stupidities?
(a) The Bill of Rights' First Amendment.
(b) President George Bush's call for a constitutional amendment outlawing flag burning.
(c) The NRA militia commercials.
(d) President George Bush's support of the NRA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
2. What does Pollock use to control his hands when he paints?
3. What does Vonnegut believe is declining but could return?
4. What is Vonnegut's opinion of Charlton Heston's commercials advocating that civilians keep military weapons?
5. What does Vonnegut wish his father had insisted he study?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)