|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) March 13, 1998.
(b) March 13, 1988.
(c) October 13, 1998.
(d) October 13, 1988.
2. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
(a) US News and World Report.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) The New Yorker.
3. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Tang Dynasty.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Renaissance.
4. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edith Wharton.
(b) Edgar Degas.
(c) Dame Edna.
(d) Edgar Grana.
5. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Thomas R. Collins.
(b) John F. Collins.
(c) Collin P. Miller.
(d) Collin F. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
2. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
3. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
4. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
5. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)