|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(a) SUNY Purchase.
2. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Leonardo da Vinci.
(b) Pope Pius V.
(c) Pope John II.
(d) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
3. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
(b) They are from different cities in the United States.
(c) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
(d) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
4. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
(a) Mark Vonnegut.
(b) Jill Krementz.
(c) John Yale.
(d) Bill Pilgrim.
5. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edith Wharton.
(b) Edgar Grana.
(c) Edgar Degas.
(d) Dame Edna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
2. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
3. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
4. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
5. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)