|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
(b) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(c) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
(d) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
2. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
(a) Emotionally empty.
(d) Physically drained.
3. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
(a) Noah's Ark, as a sinking vessel with half its animals already dead.
(b) Adam and Eve not taking a bite from the forbidden fruit.
(c) The Last Supper, with Jesus accusing Mark instead of Judas.
(d) Buddha sitting by the tree, but not becoming enlightened.
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(b) United Methodist choir.
(c) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(d) Hindu choir.
5. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(b) Conserving energy.
(c) Working towards a peacable agreement.
(d) Limiting waste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
3. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
4. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
5. What is World Vision?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)