|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(c) SUNY Purchase.
2. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Pope Pius V.
(b) Leonardo da Vinci.
(c) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(d) Pope John II.
3. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
(a) Friends from school.
(b) The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
(c) The Fourth of July Fireworks.
(d) Freedom from knowing humans will render the planet uninhabitable.
4. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
(a) The Last Supper, with Jesus accusing Mark instead of Judas.
(b) Adam and Eve not taking a bite from the forbidden fruit.
(c) Buddha sitting by the tree, but not becoming enlightened.
(d) Noah's Ark, as a sinking vessel with half its animals already dead.
5. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edgar Grana.
(b) Dame Edna.
(c) Edgar Degas.
(d) Edith Wharton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
2. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
3. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
4. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
5. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)