|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
(a) Josh Groban.
(b) Andrew Lloyd Webber.
(c) Celine Dion.
(d) Robert Samels.
2. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) US News and World Report.
3. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(b) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
(c) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
(d) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
4. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
(a) Audobon Society.
(c) World Vision.
5. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(b) SUNY Purchase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
2. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
3. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
4. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
5. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)