|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Pope John II.
(b) Leonardo da Vinci.
(c) Pope Pius V.
(d) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
2. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Bishop Moore.
(c) Joe Crone.
(d) Jack Spratt.
3. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) They are from different cities in the United States.
(b) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
(c) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
(d) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
4. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(b) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(c) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(d) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
5. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(b) Hindu choir.
(c) United Methodist choir.
(d) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
2. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
3. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
4. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
5. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)