|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
(a) The Last Supper, with Jesus accusing Mark instead of Judas.
(b) Noah's Ark, as a sinking vessel with half its animals already dead.
(c) Adam and Eve not taking a bite from the forbidden fruit.
(d) Buddha sitting by the tree, but not becoming enlightened.
2. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(b) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
(c) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
(d) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
3. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
(a) Andrew Lloyd Webber.
(b) Robert Samels.
(c) Celine Dion.
(d) Josh Groban.
4. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Thomas R. Collins.
(b) John F. Collins.
(c) Collin F. Johnson.
(d) Collin P. Miller.
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(b) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(c) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(d) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
2. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
3. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
4. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
5. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)