|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Conserving energy.
(b) Working towards a peacable agreement.
(c) Limiting waste.
2. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
(a) Freedom from knowing humans will render the planet uninhabitable.
(b) The Fourth of July Fireworks.
(c) Friends from school.
(d) The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
3. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
(b) World Vision.
(c) Audobon Society.
4. What organization prevents Mozambicans from learning to read and write?
(d) World Vision.
5. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(c) SUNY Purchase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
2. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
3. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
4. What is World Vision?
5. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)