|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Tang Dynasty.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The 100 Years War.
2. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
(a) Celine Dion.
(b) Robert Samels.
(c) Andrew Lloyd Webber.
(d) Josh Groban.
3. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) March 13, 1998.
(b) October 13, 1988.
(c) March 13, 1988.
(d) October 13, 1998.
4. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Pope Pius V.
(b) Pope John II.
(c) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(d) Leonardo da Vinci.
5. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Dame Edna.
(b) Edgar Grana.
(c) Edgar Degas.
(d) Edith Wharton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
2. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
3. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
4. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)