|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(b) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
(c) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(d) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
2. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(b) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(c) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(d) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
3. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Joe Crone.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Jack Spratt.
(d) Bishop Moore.
4. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
(a) Freedom from knowing humans will render the planet uninhabitable.
(b) The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
(c) The Fourth of July Fireworks.
(d) Friends from school.
5. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
(a) Pope Pius V.
(b) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(c) Pope John II.
(d) Leonardo da Vinci.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
2. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
3. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
4. What organization prevents Mozambicans from learning to read and write?
5. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)