|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
(c) Audobon Society.
(d) World Vision.
2. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
(a) The Fourth of July Fireworks.
(b) Freedom from knowing humans will render the planet uninhabitable.
(c) The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
(d) Friends from school.
3. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
(a) US News and World Report.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) The New Yorker.
4. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Tang Dynasty.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The 100 Years War.
5. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
(b) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
(c) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
(d) They are from different cities in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
2. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
3. What organization prevents Mozambicans from learning to read and write?
4. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
5. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)