|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
(b) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(c) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(d) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
2. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
3. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Tang Dynasty.
4. What is World Vision?
(a) A Buddhist charity bringing peace to other cultures.
(b) An American Christian charity bringing supplies to refugees.
(c) An American optometrist organization bringing glasses to the underpriveledged.
(d) A Muslim organization bringing the teachings of Mohammed to other cultures.
5. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Thomas R. Collins.
(b) John F. Collins.
(c) Collin F. Johnson.
(d) Collin P. Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
2. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
3. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
4. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
5. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)