|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) John F. Collins.
(b) Collin P. Miller.
(c) Collin F. Johnson.
(d) Thomas R. Collins.
2. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(b) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(c) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(d) The choir director conducts too quickly.
3. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
(a) The Last Supper, with Jesus accusing Mark instead of Judas.
(b) Adam and Eve not taking a bite from the forbidden fruit.
(c) Buddha sitting by the tree, but not becoming enlightened.
(d) Noah's Ark, as a sinking vessel with half its animals already dead.
4. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(d) SUNY Purchase.
5. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(b) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(c) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(d) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
2. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
3. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
4. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
5. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)