|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(b) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(c) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(d) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
2. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
(b) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
(c) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
(d) They are from different cities in the United States.
3. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) John F. Collins.
(b) Collin P. Miller.
(c) Collin F. Johnson.
(d) Thomas R. Collins.
4. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Jack Spratt.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Bishop Moore.
(d) Joe Crone.
5. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(b) SUNY Purchase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is World Vision?
2. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
3. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
4. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
5. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)