|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
(b) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(c) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
(d) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
2. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) October 13, 1988.
(b) March 13, 1988.
(c) October 13, 1998.
(d) March 13, 1998.
3. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
(b) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
(c) They are from different cities in the United States.
(d) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
4. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Joe Crone.
(b) Bishop Moore.
(c) Jack Spratt.
(d) Jane Seymour.
5. What does Vonnegut miss from his youth?
(a) Friends from school.
(b) Freedom from knowing humans will render the planet uninhabitable.
(c) The Fourth of July Fireworks.
(d) The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
2. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
3. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
4. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
5. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)