|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
(b) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
(c) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
(d) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
2. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Collin P. Miller.
(b) Collin F. Johnson.
(c) Thomas R. Collins.
(d) John F. Collins.
3. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
4. What organization prevents Mozambicans from learning to read and write?
(c) World Vision.
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(b) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(c) The choir director conducts too quickly.
(d) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
3. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
4. What is World Vision?
5. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)