|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Working towards a peacable agreement.
(b) Limiting waste.
(c) Conserving energy.
2. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) March 13, 1998.
(b) March 13, 1988.
(c) October 13, 1988.
(d) October 13, 1998.
3. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Joe Crone.
(b) Bishop Moore.
(c) Jack Spratt.
(d) Jane Seymour.
4. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Tang Dynasty.
(d) The 100 Years War.
5. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(b) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(c) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
(d) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
2. What is World Vision?
3. Who enacts the Latin requiem text in 1570?
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)