|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Collin P. Miller.
(b) John F. Collins.
(c) Thomas R. Collins.
(d) Collin F. Johnson.
2. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
(a) March 13, 1988.
(b) October 13, 1998.
(c) March 13, 1998.
(d) October 13, 1988.
3. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The 100 Years War.
(c) The Tang Dynasty.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
4. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Conserving energy.
(b) Limiting waste.
(c) Working towards a peacable agreement.
5. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
(a) Leaders of the future should fix the environment issues through scientific discoveries.
(b) Countries in the future should stop communicating with one another.
(c) Today's rulers need to stop thinking science can fix anything for $1 trillion.
(d) Future generations need to use more petroleum for fuel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
2. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
3. Requiem masses are customarily sung in what language?
4. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
5. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)