|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Limiting waste.
(c) Conserving energy.
(d) Working towards a peacable agreement.
2. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
(b) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
(c) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
(d) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
3. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
(a) Bill Pilgrim is shy and sad, while Joe Crone is an enthusiastic extrovert.
(b) They are from different cities in the United States.
(c) Joe Crone starves himself to death, while Bill Pilgrim returns home to become an optometrist.
(d) Bill Pilgrim commits suicide, while Joe Crone become a doctor.
4. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
(a) Jill Krementz.
(b) Mark Vonnegut.
(c) Bill Pilgrim.
(d) John Yale.
5. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edgar Grana.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Dame Edna.
(d) Edgar Degas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
2. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
3. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
4. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
5. What is one thing Vonnegut mentions in his letter to the future?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)