|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization prevents Mozambicans from learning to read and write?
(b) World Vision.
2. For what does the traditional requiem ask?
(a) Entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven by Saint Peter.
(b) Sinners to be damned to Hell for all eternity.
(c) Eternal rest for the dead, where God's light perpetually shines on them.
(d) A heaven filled with angels playing harps.
3. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
(a) Joe Crone.
(b) Jack Spratt.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Bishop Moore.
4. What choir performs Vonnegut's requiem?
(a) Universalist Unitarian choir.
(b) United Methodist choir.
(c) The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(d) Hindu choir.
5. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
(a) The Last Supper, with Jesus accusing Mark instead of Judas.
(b) Noah's Ark, as a sinking vessel with half its animals already dead.
(c) Adam and Eve not taking a bite from the forbidden fruit.
(d) Buddha sitting by the tree, but not becoming enlightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
2. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
3. With whom does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique?
4. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
5. Who is the composer of the new requiem setting?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)