|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edgar Grana.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Edgar Degas.
(d) Dame Edna.
2. Where does Vonnegut attempt to get his own requiem mass translated into Latin but is denied?
(c) SUNY Purchase.
3. Why is Vonnegut drawn to the text?
(a) It is an English translation that, to Vonnegut, speaks of sadism and masochism.
(b) The English translation, to Vonnegut, is beautiful, and a work of genius.
(c) The composer has made several grammatical mistakes in the English text.
(d) Vonnegut does would like to know the meaning of the Requiem, but does not understand Latin.
4. Who sponsors Vonnegut's 1990 trip to Mozambique?
(b) World Vision.
(c) Audobon Society.
5. With what magazine does Vonnegut travel to Mozambique in 1990 to write an article?
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) US News and World Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the model for Vonnegut's Bill Pilgrim in SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE?
2. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
3. How is the character Bill Pilgrim different from Joe Crone?
4. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
5. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)