|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter to the future, what does Vonnegut say today's rulers are doing to Nature's stern but reasonable surrender terms?
(a) Working towards a peacable agreement.
(b) Limiting waste.
(d) Conserving energy.
2. Who translates Vonnegut's requiem into Latin?
(a) Collin F. Johnson.
(b) John F. Collins.
(c) Collin P. Miller.
(d) Thomas R. Collins.
3. What is World Vision?
(a) A Buddhist charity bringing peace to other cultures.
(b) An American Christian charity bringing supplies to refugees.
(c) A Muslim organization bringing the teachings of Mohammed to other cultures.
(d) An American optometrist organization bringing glasses to the underpriveledged.
4. Who is the composer who sets Vonnegut's Latin translation to music?
(a) Edith Wharton.
(b) Edgar Degas.
(c) Edgar Grana.
(d) Dame Edna.
5. Why does Vonnegut become cranky when hearing his requiem performed?
(a) The choir mispronounces the lyrics.
(b) The synthesizer music is not loud enough.
(c) The synthesizer music overpowers the lyrics.
(d) The choir director conducts too quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vonnegut's trip to Mozambique make him feel?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare the lyrics of the new requiem setting?
3. Vonnegut references what Biblical story to his belief that people find life too hard and disappointing to act on repairing it?
4. What is the date of Vonnegut's requiem's premier?
5. What organization prevents Mozambicans from learning to read and write?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)