|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mathilde sent when she was five or six?
2. What did Mathilde's father do for a living?
3. Where did Mathilde sleep at her maternal grandmother's in Chapter 6 of Furies?
4. What color dress does Mathilde wear at the beginning of Chapter 11 of Furies?
5. What did the realtor who helped Mathilde and Lotto find their first apartment bring them the day they moved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mathilde get Lotto's first play funded?
2. How did Mathilde get Lotto to notice her?
3. What did Mathilde's maternal grandmother look like when she picked up Mathilde at the train station in Chapter 6 of Furies?
4. Why did Mathilde get rid of the dog and how did she get rid of him?
5. How did the private investigator that Mathilde hired know Lotto?
6. What do Chollie and Mathilde have in common when he comes to her after Lotto dies?
7. How did Mathilde's little brother die?
8. In Chapter 8 of Furies, what did Mathilde do so she didn't have to be at her uncle's house very much?
9. Why did Mathilde quit working for Ariel in Chapter 16 of Furies?
10. What was the house like where Mathilde's uncle lived in Chapter 8 of Furies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lotto is a member of a symposium to discuss the future of theater. Why did Lotto's remarks alienate the audience and his wife?
Essay Topic 2
Lotto dies. How does Mathilde deal with her grief and why does her grief consume her to the point where she struggles with everyday life?
Essay Topic 3
Mathilde went to live in America when she was eleven. With whom did Mathilde live and what was her relationship with her uncle during the years she lived with him?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)