|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lotto born?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 6 of Fates, where does Lancelot go?
3. What is the last sound heard as "The Antigonad" concludes?
4. What music did Antoinette play for Lotto when he as a pea-smeared child in a high chair?
5. Where does the play take place in Chapter 8 of Fates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lotto feel when Mathilde tells him he can be a playwright?
2. What is the name and topic of a play that Lotto writes in 2001?
3. In Chapter 9 of Fates, what does Chollie ask a bartender to do?
4. How does Lotto decribe Chollie in Chapter 9 in Fates?
5. Who does Rachel marry in 2006 and how long does her marriage last?
6. What does Mathilde suggest that Lotto do two weeks after his accident?
7. What does Ladybird think about Olivia in the play Lotto writes in 2003?
8. Who are the main characters in "Ship of Fools"?
9. What does Pete serve Miranda to eat and drink in Act 1, Scene 1 of "Ship of Fools"?
10. In "Ship of Fools," what has happened to the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lotto becomes a successful playwright. What led to Lotto writing his first play and what role did Mathilde play in his success? Would he have been successful without her?
Essay Topic 2
Mathilde felt that Chollie was responsible for Lotto's death. Why was Chollie responsible for Lotto's death?
Essay Topic 3
Mathilde went to live in America when she was eleven. With whom did Mathilde live and what was her relationship with her uncle during the years she lived with him?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)