|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mathilde sleep at her maternal grandmother's in Chapter 6 of Furies?
(a) Floor under her grandmother's bed.
2. In Chatper 1 of Furies, what emotion does a woman say is on Mathilde's face when the woman stops Mathilde on a Boston street?
3. What does Chollie send Mathilde in Chapter 5 of Furies?
(a) Belgian chocolates.
(b) Swiss cheese.
4. In Chapter 10 of Furies, what did the man who followed Mathilde buy while she was at the modeling agency?
(d) Bandages and ointment.
5. Who helps Mathilde to bed at the end of Chapter 1 in Furies?
(a) Samuel and Rachel.
(b) A maid.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Sallie and Chollie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mathilde's mother do for a living?
2. In Chapter 10 of Furies, where did the man who followed Mathilde off the train wait while she was at the modeling agency?
3. On the train in Chapter 10 of Furies, what did Mathilde do while a man watched her?
4. What did Bette have on her table when she invited Mathilde to come to her apartment?
5. In Chapter 11 of Furies, who did Mathilde give her dog to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mathilde hire a private investigator?
2. What did Rachel look like the day Lotto and Mathilde graduated from college?
3. How does Mathilde feel about all the people who attend Lotto's funeral?
4. Why didn't Mathilde ever have children?
5. Why did Mathilde quit working for Ariel in Chapter 16 of Furies?
6. Why did Mathilde get rid of the dog and how did she get rid of him?
7. Did Mathilde ever lie to Lotto?
8. What was the house like where Mathilde's uncle lived in Chapter 8 of Furies?
9. What did Mathilde's maternal grandmother look like when she picked up Mathilde at the train station in Chapter 6 of Furies?
10. What did Mathilde do to make Lotto's life easier when he was alive?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)