|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Lotto was at the artists' colony working with Leo Sen, what did Mathilde eat?
(a) Tuna in a can.
(b) White bread.
(c) Canned soup.
2. Where did Mathilde travel when Lotto was at the artists' colony?
3. In Chatper 1 of Furies, what emotion does a woman say is on Mathilde's face when the woman stops Mathilde on a Boston street?
4. How many men had Mathilde made love to before Lotto?
5. In Chapter 10 of Furies, where did Mathilde's uncle often travel?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10 of Furies, at what station did Mathilde get off the train?
2. How much weight was Mathilde told she needed to lose in Chapter 10 of Furies?
3. At the end of Chapter 11 of Furies, what did Lotto tell Chollie Mathilde had been doing all day?
4. In Chapter 16 of Furies, according to Bette, how far along is Mathilde in her pregnancy?
5. What does Chollie send Mathilde in Chapter 5 of Furies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mathilde get rid of the dog and how did she get rid of him?
2. How did Mathilde meet Ariel?
3. How does Mathilde feel about all the people who attend Lotto's funeral?
4. What did Mathilde's maternal grandmother look like when she picked up Mathilde at the train station in Chapter 6 of Furies?
5. How did Mathilde get Lotto to notice her?
6. Who comes to see Mathilde in Chapter 9 of Furies?
7. What do Chollie and Mathilde have in common when he comes to her after Lotto dies?
8. How did Mathilde get Lotto's first play funded?
9. What was the house like where Mathilde's uncle lived in Chapter 8 of Furies?
10. What did Mathilde do to make Lotto's life easier when he was alive?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)