|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters did Antoinette have?
2. Later in Chapter 6 of Fates, why doesn't Lancelot want Mathilde to read what he has written?
(a) He feels like a failure.
(b) He wants his agent to read it first.
(c) He threw it away.
(d) He isn't finished.
3. What was the only college Lotto applied to?
4. During what month did Lotto and his friends dig a big hole on the beach?
5. When does Lotto write "Ship of Fools"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Antigonad," which god cuts Antigone down, revives her, and seals her into a cave?
2. What does Lotto remember giving a Broadway actress for a wedding gift?
3. What grade was Lotto finishing when his father died?
4. How long were Lotto's parents married when he was born?
5. How old was Sallie when her parents died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mathilde suggest that Lotto do two weeks after his accident?
2. What does Mathilde say is Lotto's gift and why?
3. Who was selected for a symposium on the future of theater in Chapter 7 of Fates?
4. Who are the main characters in "Ship of Fools"?
5. Why were Lotto's comments at the symposium just a small bit of news that doesn't last long?
6. What is the name and topic of a play that Lotto writes in 2001?
7. Where is "The House in the Grove" set and who are the characters in Act II, Scene I?
8. What does Phoebe Delmar think of Lotto's play, "Gacy"?
9. Where does Chapter 9 of Fates take place?
10. How does Lotto decribe Chollie in Chapter 9 in Fates?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)