|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luanne call Lotto during a party in Chapter 3 of Fates?
2. How does Rachel view Lotto's apartment when she and Sallie are visiting for Christmas in Chapter 3 of Fates?
(b) Gilded cage.
(d) Empty white space.
3. In Chapter 7 of Fates, where is Mathilde when Lotto gets to the hotel?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At home.
(c) In the lobby.
(d) In bed in their room.
4. What does Mathilde dress as for Halloween in Chapter 3 of Fates?
(d) Snow White.
5. What color wedding dress does Go begin to weave after singing with Ros?
6. In "The Antigonad," which god cuts Antigone down, revives her, and seals her into a cave?
7. How old is Lotto when he participates in a symposium at the beginning of Chapter 7 of Fates?
8. What is the last sound heard as "The Antigonad" concludes?
9. During the Halloween party in Chapter 3 of Fates, what field does Chollie tell Mathilde he is working in?
(a) Natural foods.
(b) Real estate.
(c) Used-car business.
(d) Pet food.
10. Where does the play take place in Chapter 8 of Fates?
(a) Swimming pool.
(b) An old farmhouse.
(c) Boys' boarding school.
(d) A New York mansion.
11. What does Lotto remember giving a Broadway actress for a wedding gift?
(a) First folio of a play.
(b) Antique silver grapefruit spoons.
(c) First edition book.
(d) Demitasse cups.
12. How long were Lotto's parents married when he was born?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) A year.
(d) 36 months.
13. How old was Sallie when Antoinette met her?
14. When Lotto decides to walk to the hotel in Chapter 7 of Fates, what time does he think he will arrive there?
(b) 5 a.m.
15. in "The Antigonad," what does Go have to do in order to be set free?
(a) Humble herself.
(c) Swallow her pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lotto go to get something to eat after the symposium in Chapter 7 of Fates?
2. Why does the main character say he is unhappy in Chapter 8 of Fates?
3. How old was Lotto when he first spent summers with Samuel?
4. In Chapter 7 of Fates after Lotto calls his mother, what type of cookies is Sallie making?
5. During what month did Lotto and his friends dig a big hole on the beach?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)