Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On one trip, Gann flies with Howe, his co-pilot. How does he view Howe?
2. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that his favorite old co-pilot is now a pilot. What is the name of this former co-pilot?
3. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
4. Which one of the following stops was not on Gann's route to Chabua, Assam?
5. How is Dudley described in the novel?
Essay Topic 1
Prologues are commonly used across literature. Please define what a prologue is. In "Fate Is the Hunter," how does Gann use the prologue? What information does Gann's prologue convey? Was it necessary in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Please define what theme is in a work of literature. Identify what is a main theme in "Fate Is the Hunter." Provide at least three arguments or examples of how this is a theme for the novel. Does this theme seem to be something that resonates with you as the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Setting is an important piece of a literary work. What is a setting? Why is setting essential to a novel? Explain why setting is important in "Fate Is the Hunter," and provide an example of the use of a setting in this novel.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)