|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gann begins flying for a new airline run by a man named Nelson. Where does this airline fly?
2. How many men does Gann note it takes to fly the C-87?
3. How does Gann feel about trying to find a strange airport in Iceland?
4. By the time Gann's crew reaches Iceland, about how long have they been flying?
5. At the very end of the novel, the reader learns that Gann has logged nearly how many flight hours?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Gann provides substantial detail of the various planes that he flies or that are being developed. Please choose two planes, and 1) provide a physical description of the plane, 2) explain its use, 3) explain Gann's opinion on the plane, and 4) provide an example from the book of a situation where Gann was flying the plane and what happened. How did knowing so many additional technical explanations and details of the plane enhance the experience for the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Now and then, Gann updates the reader on the status of the airline industry at the time. At the beginning of the book, what is the status of the airline industry? How does this seem to change throughout the novel? What various outside factors seem to affect the success of the aviation industry? At the end of the novel, how does the airline industry seem to be doing?
Essay Topic 3
Prologues are commonly used across literature. Please define what a prologue is. In "Fate Is the Hunter," how does Gann use the prologue? What information does Gann's prologue convey? Was it necessary in this book?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)