|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of the novel, the reader learns that Gann has logged nearly how many flight hours?
2. Which of the following is not an attribute that is causing difficulties in rescuing O'Connor?
3. In Chapter 11, Gann notes that he, as most pilots, flies between Goose Bay and which other stop?
4. With a fire in the plane, Gann knows he must try to land. What does he see that overjoys him as he tries to land?
5. Initially, how does Gann view his new role flying on behalf of the military?
Essay Topic 1
Do a character analysis of Gann answering the following questions: what was Gann's role in the book; what was Gann like at the beginning of the novel; what was he like at the end of the novel; what changes (if any) took place in Gann as a character; and what actions, incidents, and so forth caused Gann to change?
Essay Topic 2
You have learned about tone and mood. Please define both tone and mood. What are the differences? What are the similarities? What is one example of each that you can recall from "Fate Is the Hunter." Please make sure to list what has set the tone or mood in the example you are providing. How do tone and mood affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Conflict is a common idea in literature. Please define conflict, and choose one example of conflict from the text to describe and explain how this situation, relationship, and so forth is an example of conflict.
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)