|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Gann's crew reaches Iceland, about how long have they been flying?
2. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
3. When the war comes, what does Gann begin hauling as he continues flying for Nelson's airline?
4. On one trip, Gann flies with Howe, his co-pilot. How does he view Howe?
5. What dangerous mishap happens seconds after Gann takes off in a Douglas C-54 in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stewardess complain of on Gann's flight to Burbank?
2. How does Gann describe his flights from California to Honolulu with the new airline he flies for?
3. Who is Sloniger, and what is so special about him?
4. What does Gann learn kept his flight safe on the way from Honolulu to Burbank despite the fact that they were missing a critical piece of equipment?
5. What stories does Gann tell Keim about his recent long-distance flight transporting Chinese cash?
6. What is the weather situation during Gann's emergency landing back to Steensville? What does Gann do to land the plane?
7. What does Gann recall about his actions when he sees a plane crash on the runway in Assam?
8. What do the mechanics discover during their engine inspections that seem to be causing all the trouble on the DC-4?
9. What emergency causes Gann to have to land his plane on his flight from Steensville?
10. The British Air Force tells Gann his flight was in danger as they approached Iceland. Why were they in danger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story has a large cast of minor or supporting characters. Choose three minor characters that you enjoyed the most. Provide a brief summary of each character, and note what his role was in relation to the main character. Why was this minor character important to the story or life of the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Do a character analysis of Gann answering the following questions: what was Gann's role in the book; what was Gann like at the beginning of the novel; what was he like at the end of the novel; what changes (if any) took place in Gann as a character; and what actions, incidents, and so forth caused Gann to change?
Essay Topic 3
Setting is an important piece of a literary work. What is a setting? Why is setting essential to a novel? Explain why setting is important in "Fate Is the Hunter," and provide an example of the use of a setting in this novel.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)