|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On one trip, Gann flies with Howe, his co-pilot. How does he view Howe?
2. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that his favorite old co-pilot is now a pilot. What is the name of this former co-pilot?
3. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
4. Which one of the following stops was not on Gann's route to Chabua, Assam?
5. How is Dudley described in the novel?
Essay Topic 1
Gann uses descriptive language throughout his novel. Explain the importance of descriptive language in a novel and what the purpose of such writing is? Provide multiple examples of Gann's use of descriptive language in the novel and how it affected the way readers interpreted the novel.
Essay Topic 2
This story has a large cast of minor or supporting characters. Choose three minor characters that you enjoyed the most. Provide a brief summary of each character, and note what his role was in relation to the main character. Why was this minor character important to the story or life of the main character?
Essay Topic 3
Gann is considered a dynamic character. What is a dynamic character? How does Gann meet the qualifications of a dynamic character? Use at least three examples from the story that illustrate the idea that Gann is a dynamic character.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)