Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On one trip, Gann flies with Howe, his co-pilot. How does he view Howe?
2. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that his favorite old co-pilot is now a pilot. What is the name of this former co-pilot?
3. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
4. Which one of the following stops was not on Gann's route to Chabua, Assam?
5. How is Dudley described in the novel?
Essay Topic 1
Prologues are commonly used across literature. Please define what a prologue is. In "Fate Is the Hunter," how does Gann use the prologue? What information does Gann's prologue convey? Was it necessary in this book?
Essay Topic 2
This novel is an autobiography. Explain what an autobiography is. What is the difference between an autobiography and a memoir? Do you think that this novel would have been better if written in a different format (i.e., fiction, memoir, prose)?
Essay Topic 3
Setting is an important piece of a literary work. What is a setting? Why is setting essential to a novel? Explain why setting is important in "Fate Is the Hunter," and provide an example of the use of a setting in this novel.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)