|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Gann's plane has troubles on his flight from Belem, South America?
2. What does Gann learn has caused his plane to have technical trouble while flying from Belem?
3. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
4. What kind of airplanes does the U.S. promise to bring to South America for no extra costs?
5. Initially, how does Gann view Keim's character?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gann initially describe Goose Bay?
2. What has caused Gann's oil line to erupt on his flight from Belem?
3. How does Gann describe Ross?
4. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
5. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
6. How does weather affect Gann's route in AM-21 and his ability to land at his stops?
7. How does Gann's demonstration flight go when he first flies for McCabe?
8. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
9. How is Ross viewed as a pilot by others on the route?
10. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gann uses descriptive language throughout his novel. Explain the importance of descriptive language in a novel and what the purpose of such writing is? Provide multiple examples of Gann's use of descriptive language in the novel and how it affected the way readers interpreted the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Gann interacts with several characters throughout this novel. Choose one of the characters that Gann interacts with, and provide a short description of the relationship between Gann and this character. Why was this relationship important to the story? What role did this relationship play in Gann's life and, therefore, the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters that Gann interacts with in the story and compare and contrast Gann and that character. What are their similarities (if any)? What are their differences? How do they differ as pilots and as people?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)