|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how long does Gann see himself holding his pilot position?
2. In chapter 6, what does the reader learn about the need for pilots on Gann's route?
3. Upon landing at Wilkes-Barre, what item can Gann not locate?
4. How many men did Gann attend flight school with?
5. Occasionally, Gann co-pilots for other pilots on a route from Newark to which main city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
2. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
3. How does Gann view the other pilots and their modesty about their flying abilities?
4. How does Gann seem to feel about this seniority number?
5. How does the U.S. intend to further its aviation influence in South America?
6. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
7. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
8. How is Ross viewed as a pilot by others on the route?
9. Why does Gann appreciate his shorter AM-21 route?
10. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Weather is a common theme in the novel. Why is weather so important in this novel? How does weather seem to affect Gann and other pilots? Give three examples of weather having an effect or being an important factor in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Gann interacts with several characters throughout this novel. Choose one of the characters that Gann interacts with, and provide a short description of the relationship between Gann and this character. Why was this relationship important to the story? What role did this relationship play in Gann's life and, therefore, the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters that Gann interacts with in the story and compare and contrast Gann and that character. What are their similarities (if any)? What are their differences? How do they differ as pilots and as people?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)