|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gann discovers that his demonstration flight will be on a DC-2, how does he feel?
2. When Gann corrects the plane's altitude, what happens?
3. Upon leaving Wilkes-Barre, Ross allows Gann to fly to the next location. What is that location?
4. What type of special school does McIntosh invite Gann to attend?
5. What modified and militarized plane is Gann flying when he makes his cargo flights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene as Gann and his crew approach Greenland.
2. What is Gann's view of his promotion to pilot?
3. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
4. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
5. Trying to redeem himself for his landing in Syracuse, how does Gann handle his job raising the landing gear from Ross during the next takeoff?
6. Over time, how does Ross begin to treat Gann?
7. How does Gann's demonstration flight go when he first flies for McCabe?
8. What does the flight school aim to teach its students?
9. How does weather affect Gann's route in AM-21 and his ability to land at his stops?
10. Who is Robbins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Setting is an important piece of a literary work. What is a setting? Why is setting essential to a novel? Explain why setting is important in "Fate Is the Hunter," and provide an example of the use of a setting in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Gann interacts with several characters throughout this novel. Choose one of the characters that Gann interacts with, and provide a short description of the relationship between Gann and this character. Why was this relationship important to the story? What role did this relationship play in Gann's life and, therefore, the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Ernest Gann acts as both a commercial and civilian pilot. Compare and contrast the responsibilities, experiences, and roles of a commercial pilot and a civilian pilot. What situation caused Gann to become a civilian pilot?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)