|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far off altitude was Gann's plane?
2. While Gann is straightening out the mess with the missing item in Wilkes-Barre, what is Ross doing?
3. What eliminates the visibility on Gann's flight to Goose Bay?
4. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
5. What is McCabe assessing during the demonstration flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
2. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
3. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
4. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
5. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
6. How does Gann's crew recover their takeoff when the cargo that they are flying to Goose Bay causes the plane to nearly stall? What does Gann learn from this experience?
7. Describe the scene as Gann and his crew approach Greenland.
8. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
9. How does weather affect Gann's route in AM-21 and his ability to land at his stops?
10. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gann uses descriptive language throughout his novel. Explain the importance of descriptive language in a novel and what the purpose of such writing is? Provide multiple examples of Gann's use of descriptive language in the novel and how it affected the way readers interpreted the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Gann interacts with several characters throughout this novel. Choose one of the characters that Gann interacts with, and provide a short description of the relationship between Gann and this character. Why was this relationship important to the story? What role did this relationship play in Gann's life and, therefore, the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Prologues are commonly used across literature. Please define what a prologue is. In "Fate Is the Hunter," how does Gann use the prologue? What information does Gann's prologue convey? Was it necessary in this book?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)