|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the plane nears its landing base in Greenland, what does Gann's plane skim while flying only feet above the water?
2. How does Gann describe Ross' physical appearance?
3. Who is Robbins?
4. In Chapter 8, Gann is assigned a new flight crew on his cargo plane; which of the following men is not a member of Gann's new crew?
5. How does Gann view this situation and the last minute switching of planes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gann view the other pilots and their modesty about their flying abilities?
2. Why does Gann appreciate his shorter AM-21 route?
3. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
4. How does Gann's demonstration flight go when he first flies for McCabe?
5. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
6. How does Gann describe Ross?
7. What does Gann learn about Ross' childhood?
8. What role did Gann have during the wars?
9. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
10. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel is an autobiography. Explain what an autobiography is. What is the difference between an autobiography and a memoir? Do you think that this novel would have been better if written in a different format (i.e., fiction, memoir, prose)?
Essay Topic 2
You have learned about tone and mood. Please define both tone and mood. What are the differences? What are the similarities? What is one example of each that you can recall from "Fate Is the Hunter." Please make sure to list what has set the tone or mood in the example you are providing. How do tone and mood affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters that Gann interacts with in the story and compare and contrast Gann and that character. What are their similarities (if any)? What are their differences? How do they differ as pilots and as people?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)