|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Wilkes-Barre incident, Ross decides to let Gann land at their next stop. How is that landing?
2. What type of aircraft does Gann enjoy flying because it is easy and new?
3. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
4. What type of adverse weather is Gann's flying route used to experiencing?
5. Why is America so intent on gaining influence in South America as World War II looms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
2. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
3. How is Ross viewed as a pilot by others on the route?
4. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
5. How does Gann describe Ross?
6. What is Gann's view of his promotion to pilot?
7. Who is Robbins?
8. Briefly describe McIntosh and his teaching style.
9. What role did Gann have during the wars?
10. How does Gann feel about flying the Douglas DC-2 and DC-3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
We have learned about point of view. What is point of view, and what are the three major types of point of view? Did you enjoy the point of view that "Fate Is the Hunter" was written in---why or why not? Was it an effective way to portray the story?
Essay Topic 2
Weather is a common theme in the novel. Why is weather so important in this novel? How does weather seem to affect Gann and other pilots? Give three examples of weather having an effect or being an important factor in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Prologues are commonly used across literature. Please define what a prologue is. In "Fate Is the Hunter," how does Gann use the prologue? What information does Gann's prologue convey? Was it necessary in this book?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)