|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gann react when he finds that O'Connor has snatched the C-87 that Gann and his crew were supposed to fly on their route to Greenland, sticking them instead with the older C-47?
(a) He is fine because O'Connor has seniority.
(b) He thinks nothing of it.
(c) He writes a sarcastic note to O'Connor.
(d) He laughs at the good joke O'Connor has played on him.
2. In Chapter 17, what new engines has Gann's DC-4A been outfitted with for his flight from San Francisco to Honolulu?
(a) Simpson 232.
(d) Jet engines.
3. In Chapter 16, which pilot from his past does Gann join in flying at a newly formed airline with flights from California to Honolulu?
4. At the very end of the novel, the reader learns that Gann has logged nearly how many flight hours?
5. How long does it take for the men of O'Connor's lost flight to be rescued?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Five days.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gann feel about trying to find a strange airport in Iceland?
2. In Agra, Gann's plane was so overloaded, he almost what?
3. Because of his engine troubles, what must Gann do with his DC-4A in Chapter 17?
4. After World War II, what happens to the airline industry?
5. Where on the plane is the ominous shaking taking place on Gann's flight to Burbank?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)