Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On one trip, Gann flies with Howe, his co-pilot. How does he view Howe?
(a) He admires him, but does not want to be like him.
(b) He thinks he is a nice young man with a bright future.
(c) He thinks he is inexperienced.
(d) He wants to end up just like Howe.
2. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that his favorite old co-pilot is now a pilot. What is the name of this former co-pilot?
3. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
(a) The British Royal Air Force takes over.
(b) He is airlifted out.
(c) Supplies are dropped to him.
(d) The Coast Guard is called in.
4. Which one of the following stops was not on Gann's route to Chabua, Assam?
(b) Kano, Nigeria.
(c) Gaya, India.
(d) Ascension Island.
5. How is Dudley described in the novel?
(b) Friendly and well-meaning.
(c) Very skilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Agra, Gann's plane was so overloaded, he almost what?
2. Moments after taking off from Steensville, what technical issue do Gann and his crew have to deal with?
3. What does Gann note "saved the day" when his Douglas C-54 has technical issues, causing a potentially life threatening situation?
4. Who does Gann end up living with during his time in Brazil?
5. Which notable military leader does Gann have the honor of flying?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)