|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gann finally find out was the cause of the vibrations on his flight in chapter 18?
(a) It was coming from a loose seat.
(b) A pigeon was in the cargo bay.
(c) A critical bolt was missing from the plane.
(d) The tail was new and needed to be broken in.
2. In Chapter 16, which pilot from his past does Gann join in flying at a newly formed airline with flights from California to Honolulu?
3. When the war comes, what does Gann begin hauling as he continues flying for Nelson's airline?
(b) The wounded and material.
(c) Top secret paraphernalia.
4. What weather patterns and geography does Gann note in chapter 14 that he and other pilots have come to know?
(b) South American.
5. Where on the plane is the ominous shaking taking place on Gann's flight to Burbank?
(a) Over the left wing.
(b) Over the right wing.
(c) In the tail section.
(d) In the cockpit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Steensville located?
2. What does Gann note "saved the day" when his Douglas C-54 has technical issues, causing a potentially life threatening situation?
3. Initially, how does Gann view his new role flying on behalf of the military?
4. After landing his plane in Burbank in chapter 18, Gann hears news of Coney and Willingham. What is that news?
5. Which notable military leader does Gann have the honor of flying?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)