|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gann and his crew land in Greenland, what do they expect?
(a) A thank-you dinner at the base.
(b) Their two-week break to start.
(c) A meeting with the captain.
(d) Some food, rest, and a trip back to Goose Bay.
2. What new navigation trick is used to help keep planes on route to O'Connor's position?
(b) Guide features.
(c) Celestial navigation.
(d) Magnetic navigation.
3. Moments after taking off from Steensville, what technical issue do Gann and his crew have to deal with?
(a) They are unable to switch off the high-pressure hydraulic system.
(b) A fuel line bursts.
(c) They cannot get the plane to stabilize.
(d) Something gets caught in one of the main engines.
4. In Chapter 17, what new engines has Gann's DC-4A been outfitted with for his flight from San Francisco to Honolulu?
(b) Jet engines.
(c) Simpson 232.
5. Gann performs a personal inspection of his plane during a flight from Honolulu to Burbank and decides that the vibration is what?
(a) Is very serious.
(b) Is not serious.
(c) Is coming from a loose seat.
(d) Is just turbulence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
2. In Chapter 11, Gann notes that he, as most pilots, flies between Goose Bay and which other stop?
3. When the war comes, what does Gann begin hauling as he continues flying for Nelson's airline?
4. Which two names below does Gann never mention as being part of his crew while he pilots the C-54?
5. After landing his plane in Burbank in chapter 18, Gann hears news of Coney and Willingham. What is that news?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)