|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Agra, Gann's plane was so overloaded, he almost what?
(a) Eject from the plane.
(b) Crashed into the Taj Mahal.
(c) Dump his cargo in an empty field.
(d) Had to land in the Indian Ocean.
2. After a leave of absence, Gann flies route AM-21. What does he think of this route?
(a) He likes the brevity of the route.
(b) He finds the route exciting.
(c) He does not mind it either way.
(d) He finds it stilting.
3. Gann begins flying for a new airline run by a man named Nelson. Where does this airline fly?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Western Europe.
(c) The Middle East.
(d) The South Pacific.
4. In Chapter 16, which pilot from his past does Gann join in flying at a newly formed airline with flights from California to Honolulu?
5. With a fire in the plane, Gann knows he must try to land. What does he see that overjoys him as he tries to land?
(a) Another plane ushering him onto the runway.
(b) A clear view of the runway.
(c) The fire beginning to burn out.
(d) A small hole in the weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous mishap happens seconds after Gann takes off in a Douglas C-54 in Chapter 14?
2. Because of his engine troubles, what must Gann do with his DC-4A in Chapter 17?
3. What crew position does Grimes hold on Gann's flight from San Francisco to Honolulu?
4. After being transferred back to Natal, Gann spends the next few months on what type of routes?
5. Upon arrival in Iceland, the British Air Force tells Gann what action saved his plane from being found by enemy fighters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stewardess complain of on Gann's flight to Burbank?
2. The British Air Force tells Gann his flight was in danger as they approached Iceland. Why were they in danger?
3. How did his crash affect O'Connor in the long run?
4. What do the mechanics discover during their engine inspections that seem to be causing all the trouble on the DC-4?
5. After WWII, what war does Gann fly in, and how does he feel about his role as a pilot in this situation again?
6. What is the weather situation during Gann's emergency landing back to Steensville? What does Gann do to land the plane?
7. What emergency causes Gann to have to land his plane on his flight from Steensville?
8. Why does O'Connor's flight from Goose Bay crash-land?
9. Which route does Gann return to after his leave of absence, and what does he do there?
10. What does Gann learn kept his flight safe on the way from Honolulu to Burbank despite the fact that they were missing a critical piece of equipment?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)