|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gann and his crew land in Greenland, what do they expect?
(a) A meeting with the captain.
(b) Some food, rest, and a trip back to Goose Bay.
(c) A thank-you dinner at the base.
(d) Their two-week break to start.
2. Which one of the following stops was not on Gann's route to Chabua, Assam?
(b) Gaya, India.
(c) Ascension Island.
(d) Kano, Nigeria.
3. When the war comes, what does Gann begin hauling as he continues flying for Nelson's airline?
(b) The wounded and material.
(c) Top secret paraphernalia.
4. What does Gann finally find out was the cause of the vibrations on his flight in chapter 18?
(a) The tail was new and needed to be broken in.
(b) A pigeon was in the cargo bay.
(c) It was coming from a loose seat.
(d) A critical bolt was missing from the plane.
5. After being transferred back to Natal, Gann spends the next few months on what type of routes?
(a) Short drop-offs.
(b) Commercial trips.
(c) Stealth military routes.
(d) Long-haul missions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Gann note it takes to fly the C-87?
2. What does Gann note "saved the day" when his Douglas C-54 has technical issues, causing a potentially life threatening situation?
3. Initially, how does Gann view his new role flying on behalf of the military?
4. Gann learns that in one day, how many planes are lost trying to fly over the Hump?
5. At Nelson's airline, what does Gann's seniority number mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Connor's flight from Goose Bay crash-land?
2. Who is Dudley, and what is Gann's impression of him?
3. How does O'Connor's crash-landing symbolize Gann's being stalked by fate?
4. How did his crash affect O'Connor in the long run?
5. What does Gann learn kept his flight safe on the way from Honolulu to Burbank despite the fact that they were missing a critical piece of equipment?
6. What stories does Gann tell Keim about his recent long-distance flight transporting Chinese cash?
7. Who is Sloniger, and what is so special about him?
8. After WWII, what war does Gann fly in, and how does he feel about his role as a pilot in this situation again?
9. How does Gann describe his flights from California to Honolulu with the new airline he flies for?
10. The British Air Force tells Gann his flight was in danger as they approached Iceland. Why were they in danger?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)