|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days of searching have passed before O'Connor is located?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
2. After a leave of absence, Gann flies route AM-21. What does he think of this route?
(a) He does not mind it either way.
(b) He finds the route exciting.
(c) He finds it stilting.
(d) He likes the brevity of the route.
3. At the very end of the novel, the reader learns that Gann has logged nearly how many flight hours?
4. After World War II, what happens to the airline industry?
(a) It experiences a huge increase in profits and prestige.
(b) It hits a rough patch financially.
(c) It is considered a laughing stock.
(d) It becomes completely militarized with no more commercial flights.
5. In Agra, Gann's plane was so overloaded, he almost what?
(a) Eject from the plane.
(b) Dump his cargo in an empty field.
(c) Crashed into the Taj Mahal.
(d) Had to land in the Indian Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gann react when he finds that O'Connor has snatched the C-87 that Gann and his crew were supposed to fly on their route to Greenland, sticking them instead with the older C-47?
2. How long does it take for the men of O'Connor's lost flight to be rescued?
3. Which two names below does Gann never mention as being part of his crew while he pilots the C-54?
4. How does Gann describe his home in Brazil?
5. Gann learns that in one day, how many planes are lost trying to fly over the Hump?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)