|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following stops was not on Gann's route to Chabua, Assam?
(b) Ascension Island.
(c) Gaya, India.
(d) Kano, Nigeria.
2. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
(a) Supplies are dropped to him.
(b) The Coast Guard is called in.
(c) He is airlifted out.
(d) The British Royal Air Force takes over.
3. In Chapter 16, which pilot from his past does Gann join in flying at a newly formed airline with flights from California to Honolulu?
4. On one trip, Gann flies with Howe, his co-pilot. How does he view Howe?
(a) He wants to end up just like Howe.
(b) He thinks he is inexperienced.
(c) He thinks he is a nice young man with a bright future.
(d) He admires him, but does not want to be like him.
5. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that his favorite old co-pilot is now a pilot. What is the name of this former co-pilot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new navigation trick is used to help keep planes on route to O'Connor's position?
2. Where on the plane is the ominous shaking taking place on Gann's flight to Burbank?
3. How is Dudley described in the novel?
4. What crew position does Grimes hold on Gann's flight from San Francisco to Honolulu?
5. What weather patterns and geography does Gann note in chapter 14 that he and other pilots have come to know?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)