|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gann begins flying for a new airline run by a man named Nelson. Where does this airline fly?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Western Europe.
(c) The South Pacific.
(d) The Middle East.
2. When Gann and his crew land in Greenland, what do they expect?
(a) A meeting with the captain.
(b) Their two-week break to start.
(c) A thank-you dinner at the base.
(d) Some food, rest, and a trip back to Goose Bay.
3. Where on the plane is the ominous shaking taking place on Gann's flight to Burbank?
(a) In the tail section.
(b) In the cockpit.
(c) Over the right wing.
(d) Over the left wing.
4. Upon arrival in Iceland, the British Air Force tells Gann what action saved his plane from being found by enemy fighters?
(a) Their climb to 11,000 feet.
(b) Their silent landing.
(c) Their covert radio signals.
(d) Their very low approach.
5. Gann performs a personal inspection of his plane during a flight from Honolulu to Burbank and decides that the vibration is what?
(a) Is not serious.
(b) Is very serious.
(c) Is just turbulence.
(d) Is coming from a loose seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
2. After landing his plane in Burbank in chapter 18, Gann hears news of Coney and Willingham. What is that news?
3. After being transferred back to Natal, Gann spends the next few months on what type of routes?
4. Initially, how does Gann view his new role flying on behalf of the military?
5. The C-87 is a new plane used mainly for what purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stewardess complain of on Gann's flight to Burbank?
2. What does Gann recall about his actions when he sees a plane crash on the runway in Assam?
3. How do the rescue planes keep track of where O'Connor's downed plane is located?
4. What does Gann learn kept his flight safe on the way from Honolulu to Burbank despite the fact that they were missing a critical piece of equipment?
5. After WWII, what war does Gann fly in, and how does he feel about his role as a pilot in this situation again?
6. Descibe Gann's sketchy takeoff scenario as he begins his flight on a C-54 for a long-haul mission.
7. Why does O'Connor's flight from Goose Bay crash-land?
8. What emergency causes Gann to have to land his plane on his flight from Steensville?
9. What stories does Gann tell Keim about his recent long-distance flight transporting Chinese cash?
10. Who is Dudley, and what is Gann's impression of him?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)