|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of training does McIntosh provide?
(a) Classroom training.
(b) Mental training.
(c) Simulated training.
(d) Secondary training.
2. What are Gann and his co-pilot looking for by following the river through the jungles of South America?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) An enemy base.
(c) An airport.
(d) An empty field.
3. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
(a) He becomes more demanding of Gann.
(b) He and Gann become best friends.
(c) Ross refuses to fly with Gann.
(d) Ross becomes jealous of Gann's skills.
4. What type of airplanes do most of the students already know how to pilot?
(a) None of them, except Gann, knows how to fly.
(b) Large commercial jets.
(c) Fighter planes.
(d) Small airplanes.
5. To what island in Maine is Gann offered a position flying a cargo plane?
(a) Long Island.
(b) Presque Island.
(c) St. Mary's Island.
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gann describe the view as they approach their destination in Greenland?
2. Upon leaving Wilkes-Barre, Ross allows Gann to fly to the next location. What is that location?
3. What is the name of the base where Gann lands in Greenland?
4. Finish the sentence: Goose Bay initially features...
5. What character traits does Gann seem to attribute to his fellow pilots?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does weather affect Gann's route in AM-21 and his ability to land at his stops?
2. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
3. Over time, how does Ross begin to treat Gann?
4. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
5. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
6. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
7. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
8. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
9. Briefly describe McIntosh and his teaching style.
10. What is Gann's view of his promotion to pilot?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)