|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gann when he first hears of the Japanese attacks on Pearl Harbor?
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Juan.
2. Where does Gann mention the technician looks for the missing item when they are in Wilkes-Barre?
(a) Under Gann's seat.
(b) The overhead bin.
(c) The food storage area.
(d) The tail compartment.
3. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
(a) He spends time greeting passengers and being friendly.
(b) He spends time getting to know the crew.
(c) He spends time alone, interacting with no one.
(d) He spends as much time as possible working on his landing.
4. In chapter 8, which friend of Gann's joins the route AM-21 as a pilot?
5. Trying to show his technical ability to Ross, what does Gann try to do immediately upon Ross' signal?
(a) Break the sound barrier.
(b) Snatch up the landing gear.
(c) Do a double barrel roll.
(d) Start the engines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cargo load Gann and his crew are taking to Goose Bay?
2. Throughout the text, how does Gann seem to respond to this seniority number?
3. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
4. How does Hughen handle the situation of the plane icing in mid-flight?
5. Emotionally, how does Gann feel about finally being promoted to pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gann seem to feel about this seniority number?
2. Who is Ernest Gann?
3. Why does Gann appreciate his shorter AM-21 route?
4. What does Gann do with the abandoned German plane that he locates in South America on his initial flight over there?
5. How does Gann feel about flying the Douglas DC-2 and DC-3?
6. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
7. What has caused Gann's oil line to erupt on his flight from Belem?
8. What role did Gann have during the wars?
9. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
10. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)