|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Gann's flight with Hughen, the plane begins to ice up and quickly loses altitude and speed. What is Gann's reaction to this?
(a) He is concerned but confident.
(b) He is not shaken at all.
(c) He is quickly frightened.
(d) He is aloof.
2. How does Gann describe the weather at Goose Bay?
(a) Clear and cold.
(b) Humid and thunderous.
(c) Cranky and unpredictable.
(d) Warm and breezy.
3. What kind of airplanes does the U.S. promise to bring to South America for no extra costs?
(a) Airbus Armada.
(b) Boeing Boomerangs.
(c) Franklin Flyer.
(d) Lockheed Lodestars.
4. While Gann is straightening out the mess with the missing item in Wilkes-Barre, what is Ross doing?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Taking off without a co-pilot.
(c) Helping Gann search for the missing item.
(d) Eating lunch.
5. Finish the sentence: Goose Bay initially features...
(a) ...top-notch navigational tools.
(b) ...a wide array of planes and equipment.
(c) ...no navigational assets.
(d) ...a welcome home for Gann and his crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is America so intent on gaining influence in South America as World War II looms?
2. After the Wilkes-Barre incident, Ross decides to let Gann land at their next stop. How is that landing?
3. What does Gann say that he is stalked by?
4. What type of instructors are McIntosh and Lester?
5. Where does Gann mention the technician looks for the missing item when they are in Wilkes-Barre?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the flight school aim to teach its students?
2. Why does Gann appreciate his shorter AM-21 route?
3. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
4. How does Gann's crew recover their takeoff when the cargo that they are flying to Goose Bay causes the plane to nearly stall? What does Gann learn from this experience?
5. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
6. What has caused Gann's oil line to erupt on his flight from Belem?
7. How does weather affect Gann's route in AM-21 and his ability to land at his stops?
8. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
9. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
10. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)