|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Occasionally, Gann co-pilots for other pilots on a route from Newark to which main city?
(c) Carson City.
2. When Ernest flew for the start-up company, between which two places did he fly mainly?
(a) California and Hawaii.
(b) Florida and Canada.
(c) Mexico and New York.
(d) Colorado and Havana.
3. How does Gann view Ross' Zen-like techniques?
(a) He thinks that they are quite fun.
(b) He finds them obnoxious.
(c) He enjoys these new techniques.
(d) He does not even notice they are happening.
4. In what other war, besides World War II, did Ernest fly?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Battle of the Bulge.
(c) The Persian Gulf War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
5. What plane does Gann find abandoned on his first shuttle flight to South America?
(a) A Junkers 86.
(b) A Shooters 56.
(c) A Runners 42.
(d) A Kickers 97.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ernest retire from flying?
2. In chapter 8, which friend of Gann's joins the route AM-21 as a pilot?
3. When the missing item cannot be located in Wilkes-Barre, what happens to the flight?
4. What is the cargo load Gann and his crew are taking to Goose Bay?
5. What type of airplanes do most of the students already know how to pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gann see Goose Bay, and other Northeastern locations, as important to the U.S military?
2. How did his crash affect O'Connor in the long run?
3. What happens on Gann's flight from San Francisco to Honolulu, causing the plane to have to stop the flight and return to San Francisco?
4. Who is Robbins?
5. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
6. How does Gann describe his flights from California to Honolulu with the new airline he flies for?
7. How do the rescue planes keep track of where O'Connor's downed plane is located?
8. Descibe Gann's sketchy takeoff scenario as he begins his flight on a C-54 for a long-haul mission.
9. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
10. Who is Sloniger, and what is so special about him?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)