|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ernest flew for the start-up company, between which two places did he fly mainly?
(a) Florida and Canada.
(b) Colorado and Havana.
(c) Mexico and New York.
(d) California and Hawaii.
2. Which of the following topics does Gann not ponder while flying from Goose Bay to Greenland?
(a) Human trust.
(b) Beauty of nature.
(c) The idea of a soul mate.
(d) Feelings of loneliness.
3. Why did Ernest retire from flying?
(a) To avoid death.
(b) To pursue his true passion, writing.
(c) Just because.
(d) To spend more time with his family.
4. What does Ross reveal when he hears Gann is not Army-taught as a pilot?
(a) That he does not know what Army-taught means.
(b) He believes everyone should be Army-taught.
(c) That he only flies with Army-taught pilots.
(d) That he is not Army-taught, either.
5. Emotionally, how does Gann feel about finally being promoted to pilot?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He finds it too much work.
(c) He finds it satisfying .
(d) He is humble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ross seem to handle and respond to Gann's mistakes at Wilkes-Barre and various other stops on their first flight?
2. What area is Gann assigned to upon graduation?
3. Which best describes Hughen?
4. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
5. What character traits does Gann seem to attribute to his fellow pilots?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gann view the other pilots and their modesty about their flying abilities?
2. How is Ross viewed as a pilot by others on the route?
3. What does Gann do with the abandoned German plane that he locates in South America on his initial flight over there?
4. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
5. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
6. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
7. How does weather affect Gann's route in AM-21 and his ability to land at his stops?
8. Who is Ernest Gann?
9. How does Gann spend his trans-Atlantic flight?
10. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)