|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Keim's physical appearance?
(a) He is short and weak.
(b) He is tall and slender.
(c) He is stocky and broad.
(d) He is lanky but strong.
2. When Gann sees the base of Goose Bay in the middle of such natural beauty, how does he feel about the location of the base?
(a) He feels ashamed that it has interrupted the remote location.
(b) He feels overjoyed at the sight of the mechanization.
(c) He feels inspired by the land and scenery.
(d) He feels hate toward the beauty of the remote location.
3. How long is the trip from Goose Bay to Greenland estimated to be for Gann and his crew?
(a) 2,100 miles.
(b) 3,100 miles.
(c) 1,300 miles.
(d) 1,500 miles.
4. Initially, how does Gann view Keim's character?
(a) He thinks Keim is patient and kind.
(b) Gann sees Keim as domineering and arrogant.
(c) Gann thinks Keim is a pushover and not very skilled.
(d) He thinks Keim is a great teacher and is tough.
5. In chapter 5, the author refers to the opening of a new airport. What is the name of that airport?
(c) Pittsburgh International.
(d) La Guardia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of training does McIntosh provide?
2. What does Gann say that he is stalked by?
3. Why does McCabe reassign Gann?
4. What area is Gann assigned to upon graduation?
5. How does Gann view Ross' Zen-like techniques?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gann feel about flying the Douglas DC-2 and DC-3?
2. What does Gann do with the abandoned German plane that he locates in South America on his initial flight over there?
3. How does Gann initially describe Goose Bay?
4. Who is Robbins?
5. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
6. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
7. What does Gann learn about Ross' childhood?
8. How does Gann spend his trans-Atlantic flight?
9. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
10. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)