|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As more experienced pilots move into Gann's route, what happens to Gann?
(a) He is demoted back to co-pilot.
(b) He is given a promotion to captain.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is paired with an experienced co-pilot.
2. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(b) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(c) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
(d) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
3. What was Gann's seniority number when he completed flight school?
4. What area is Gann assigned to upon graduation?
5. Which best describes Hughen?
(a) A poorly trained pilot.
(b) A very experienced pilot.
(c) A young man.
(d) A novice pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Lester fly anymore?
2. Which numbers are more senior to Gann's?
3. Heavy with fuel and equipment, what is the mph Gann's plane averages on the way to Greenland?
4. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
5. When Gann discovers that his demonstration flight will be on a DC-2, how does he feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gann's view of his promotion to pilot?
2. Briefly describe the near death situation Gann and his co-pilot Beattie faced as noted in the novel's prologue.
3. How does Gann spend his trans-Atlantic flight?
4. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
5. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
6. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
7. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
8. Who is Ernest Gann?
9. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
10. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)