|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Lester fly anymore?
(a) He is afraid of being in the air.
(b) The school does not like him to fly.
(c) He has several physical wounds.
(d) He is not licensed anymore.
2. Which one of these men did not attend flight school with Gann?
3. What type of instructors are McIntosh and Lester?
(a) Free-spirited and easy.
(b) Driven and demanding.
(c) Irresponsible and rude.
(d) Easygoing but tough.
4. What character traits does Gann seem to attribute to his fellow pilots?
(a) He sees them as jealous and unskilled.
(b) He sees them as humble yet skilled.
(c) He sees them as jealous and proud.
(d) He sees them as gracious and supportive.
5. What type of shoes does Ross wear?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Brown flying boots.
(d) Expensive black ankle boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heavy with fuel and equipment, what is the mph Gann's plane averages on the way to Greenland?
2. Again, Gann manages to mess up, but Ross is there to save the day. What does Gann realize after his first flight day with Ross?
3. What was Gann's seniority number when he completed flight school?
4. Which best describes Hughen?
5. Why is America so intent on gaining influence in South America as World War II looms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
2. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
3. What has caused Gann's oil line to erupt on his flight from Belem?
4. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
5. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
6. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
7. What does Gann learn about Ross' childhood?
8. How does Gann seem to feel about this seniority number?
9. How does Gann initially describe Goose Bay?
10. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)