Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gann describe the weather at Goose Bay?
(a) Clear and cold.
(b) Humid and thunderous.
(c) Warm and breezy.
(d) Cranky and unpredictable.
2. In which South American city are new planes to be delivered?
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
3. Why does McCabe reassign Gann?
(a) Because he already has a co-pilot.
(b) Because he thinks Gann can help another pilot .
(c) Because he did not have a good demonstration flight.
(d) Because he is jealous of Gann's skills.
4. While Gann is straightening out the mess with the missing item in Wilkes-Barre, what is Ross doing?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Helping Gann search for the missing item.
(d) Taking off without a co-pilot.
5. Which numbers are more senior to Gann's?
(a) Any number that ends in an even number.
(b) Any number that is lower than his.
(c) Any number that ends in an odd number.
(d) Any number that is higher than his.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ross seem to handle and respond to Gann's mistakes at Wilkes-Barre and various other stops on their first flight?
2. Which best describes Hughen?
3. How does the author describe Keim's physical appearance?
4. Upon landing at Wilkes-Barre, what item can Gann not locate?
5. In chapter 6, what does the reader learn about the need for pilots on Gann's route?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gann learn kept his flight safe on the way from Honolulu to Burbank despite the fact that they were missing a critical piece of equipment?
2. What does Gann learn about Ross' childhood?
3. How does Gann's crew recover their takeoff when the cargo that they are flying to Goose Bay causes the plane to nearly stall? What does Gann learn from this experience?
4. How did his crash affect O'Connor in the long run?
5. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
6. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
7. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
8. Who is Ernest Gann?
9. Describe the scene as Gann and his crew approach Greenland.
10. How do the rescue planes keep track of where O'Connor's downed plane is located?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)