|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plane does Gann find abandoned on his first shuttle flight to South America?
(a) A Runners 42.
(b) A Junkers 86.
(c) A Kickers 97.
(d) A Shooters 56.
2. Upon landing at Wilkes-Barre, what item can Gann not locate?
(a) His headphone.
(b) The breaks.
(c) The mailbag.
(d) The cargo door.
3. Which one of these men did not attend flight school with Gann?
4. What does Ross reveal when he hears Gann is not Army-taught as a pilot?
(a) That he is not Army-taught, either.
(b) That he does not know what Army-taught means.
(c) He believes everyone should be Army-taught.
(d) That he only flies with Army-taught pilots.
5. What is the name of the base where Gann lands in Greenland?
(b) St. John's Base.
(c) Baliss Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Occasionally, Gann co-pilots for other pilots on a route from Newark to which main city?
2. What type of pilot was Lester in his flying days?
3. After the Wilkes-Barre incident, Ross decides to let Gann land at their next stop. How is that landing?
4. Again, Gann manages to mess up, but Ross is there to save the day. What does Gann realize after his first flight day with Ross?
5. Which direction does Gann follow the river while flying over the trackless jungles of South America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gann's view of his promotion to pilot?
2. Describe the scene as Gann and his crew approach Greenland.
3. What role did Gann have during the wars?
4. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
5. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
6. Who is Ernest Gann?
7. How does Gann's demonstration flight go when he first flies for McCabe?
8. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
9. How does Gann initially describe Goose Bay?
10. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)