|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the one occasion, Gann flies with Hughen. What is their route?
(a) Nashville to Charlotte.
(b) New York to Philadelphia.
(c) New York to Nashville.
(d) Charlotte to Albany.
2. Who is Robbins?
(a) Another instructor.
(b) The chief pilot.
(c) The airport coordinator and flight scheduler.
(d) Gann's best friend.
3. How does Gann describe Ross' physical appearance?
(a) He is short and skinny.
(b) He is dirty but strong.
(c) He is tall and rather round.
(d) He is clean and powerfully built.
4. In chapter 6, how many pilots and co-pilots does Gann mention are killed in crashes?
(a) 1 pilot and 2 co-pilots.
(b) 2 pilots and 2 co-pilots.
(c) 2 pilots and 3 co-pilots.
(d) 1 pilot and 1 co-pilot.
5. In Chapter 6, how long does Gann see himself holding his pilot position?
(a) He thinks he will be a pilot forever.
(b) He thinks it will not last long.
(c) He thinks it will be short because he will be promoted again.
(d) He does not even think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what island in Maine is Gann offered a position flying a cargo plane?
2. What plane does Gann find abandoned on his first shuttle flight to South America?
3. In what other war, besides World War II, did Ernest fly?
4. When the missing item cannot be located in Wilkes-Barre, what happens to the flight?
5. On Gann's flight with Hughen, the plane begins to ice up and quickly loses altitude and speed. What is Gann's reaction to this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Gann have during the wars?
2. How did his crash affect O'Connor in the long run?
3. How does Gann seem to feel about this seniority number?
4. What do the mechanics discover during their engine inspections that seem to be causing all the trouble on the DC-4?
5. Which route does Gann return to after his leave of absence, and what does he do there?
6. How does the U.S. intend to further its aviation influence in South America?
7. How is Ross viewed as a pilot by others on the route?
8. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
9. Briefly describe McIntosh and his teaching style.
10. How does Gann spend his trans-Atlantic flight?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)