|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gann describe the view as they approach their destination in Greenland?
(a) Flat marshlands.
(b) Smooth white beaches.
(c) Shining city lights.
(d) Coastal cliffs and craggy fjords.
2. Where is Gann when he first hears of the Japanese attacks on Pearl Harbor?
(b) San Juan.
(d) Santa Barbara.
3. In which South American city are new planes to be delivered?
(b) Rio de Janeiro.
4. Initially, how does Gann view Keim's character?
(a) He thinks Keim is a great teacher and is tough.
(b) Gann thinks Keim is a pushover and not very skilled.
(c) He thinks Keim is patient and kind.
(d) Gann sees Keim as domineering and arrogant.
5. What does Gann believe about the other pilots' modesty when talking about their abilities?
(a) He believes they are bluffing.
(b) He does not care about the other pilots.
(c) He thinks they must not be that skilled.
(d) He thinks that they are just shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gann corrects the plane's altitude, what happens?
2. Whose methods and practices does flight school teach the pilots?
3. What does Gann say that he is stalked by?
4. What was Gann's seniority number when he completed flight school?
5. Trying to show his technical ability to Ross, what does Gann try to do immediately upon Ross' signal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gann's demonstration flight go when he first flies for McCabe?
2. How is Ross viewed as a pilot by others on the route?
3. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
4. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
5. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
6. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
7. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
8. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
9. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
10. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)