|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Keim's physical appearance?
(a) He is lanky but strong.
(b) He is tall and slender.
(c) He is short and weak.
(d) He is stocky and broad.
2. What does Gann learn has caused his plane to have technical trouble while flying from Belem?
(a) The plane was defective.
(b) The plane was sabotaged.
(c) His reckless flying caused the problem.
(d) The weather caused the problem.
3. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
(b) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(c) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
(d) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
4. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
(a) He spends time getting to know the crew.
(b) He spends time alone, interacting with no one.
(c) He spends as much time as possible working on his landing.
(d) He spends time greeting passengers and being friendly.
5. What eliminates the visibility on Gann's flight to Goose Bay?
(a) Heavy hail.
(b) Snow flurries.
(c) Thick fog.
(d) Dense smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keim expect from his new co-pilot?
2. What factor determines whether all the stops on the route are reached?
3. When Gann discovers that his demonstration flight will be on a DC-2, how does he feel?
4. What happened to the start-up company Gann worked for after World War II?
5. How does Ross seem to handle and respond to Gann's mistakes at Wilkes-Barre and various other stops on their first flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gann spend his trans-Atlantic flight?
2. Trying to redeem himself for his landing in Syracuse, how does Gann handle his job raising the landing gear from Ross during the next takeoff?
3. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
4. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
5. Who is Robbins?
6. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
7. What does Gann learn about Ross' childhood?
8. What has caused Gann's oil line to erupt on his flight from Belem?
9. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
10. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)