|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of Gann's plane has troubles on his flight from Belem, South America?
(a) The cabin door.
(b) The engine's oil line.
(c) The left wing.
(d) The landing gear.
2. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(b) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(c) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
(d) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
3. What type of pilot was Ernest when he flew for the Air Transport Command?
(a) A fighter pilot.
(b) An air raid pilot.
(c) A civil pilot.
(d) A special forces pilot.
4. Midway through the novel, which dangerous disease does Gann become stricken with?
(c) Yellow fever.
(d) West Nile virus.
5. Which numbers are more senior to Gann's?
(a) Any number that ends in an odd number.
(b) Any number that ends in an even number.
(c) Any number that is lower than his.
(d) Any number that is higher than his.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the start-up company Gann worked for after World War II?
2. How did Gann feel upon returning to his normal route after World War II?
3. In the prologue, which co-pilot does Ernest mention?
4. Due to having the visibility limitations on, what type of takeoff does Gann decide to do when leaving for Goose Bay?
5. What is one thing that the seniority number determines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has caused Gann's oil line to erupt on his flight from Belem?
2. How does Gann's demonstration flight go when he first flies for McCabe?
3. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
4. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
5. What does the flight school aim to teach its students?
6. What is Gann's view of his promotion to pilot?
7. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
8. How does Gann seem to feel about this seniority number?
9. Briefly describe McIntosh and his teaching style.
10. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)