|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following topics does Gann not ponder while flying from Goose Bay to Greenland?
(a) The idea of a soul mate.
(b) Human trust.
(c) Feelings of loneliness.
(d) Beauty of nature.
2. How many round trips per week will Gann be required to do at Newark?
3. What area is Gann assigned to upon graduation?
4. Why did Ernest retire from flying?
(a) To pursue his true passion, writing.
(b) Just because.
(c) To spend more time with his family.
(d) To avoid death.
5. Trying to show his technical ability to Ross, what does Gann try to do immediately upon Ross' signal?
(a) Snatch up the landing gear.
(b) Break the sound barrier.
(c) Start the engines.
(d) Do a double barrel roll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gann learn has caused his plane to have technical trouble while flying from Belem?
2. How far off altitude was Gann's plane?
3. Where does Gann mention the technician looks for the missing item when they are in Wilkes-Barre?
4. What does Keim expect from his new co-pilot?
5. Due to having the visibility limitations on, what type of takeoff does Gann decide to do when leaving for Goose Bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ross viewed as a pilot by others on the route?
2. What does Gann learn about Ross' childhood?
3. What role did Gann have during the wars?
4. How does Gann's crew recover their takeoff when the cargo that they are flying to Goose Bay causes the plane to nearly stall? What does Gann learn from this experience?
5. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
6. How does Gann describe Ross?
7. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
8. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
9. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
10. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)