|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the one occasion, Gann flies with Hughen. What is their route?
(a) New York to Philadelphia.
(b) New York to Nashville.
(c) Charlotte to Albany.
(d) Nashville to Charlotte.
2. What are Gann and his co-pilot looking for by following the river through the jungles of South America?
(a) An airport.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) An empty field.
(d) An enemy base.
3. How does Gann view Ross' Zen-like techniques?
(a) He enjoys these new techniques.
(b) He finds them obnoxious.
(c) He thinks that they are quite fun.
(d) He does not even notice they are happening.
4. Why does McCabe reassign Gann?
(a) Because he thinks Gann can help another pilot .
(b) Because he already has a co-pilot.
(c) Because he is jealous of Gann's skills.
(d) Because he did not have a good demonstration flight.
5. In Chapter 6, how long does Gann see himself holding his pilot position?
(a) He thinks it will be short because he will be promoted again.
(b) He thinks he will be a pilot forever.
(c) He does not even think about it.
(d) He thinks it will not last long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: Goose Bay initially features...
2. What type of aircraft does Gann enjoy flying because it is easy and new?
3. Emotionally, how does Gann feel about finally being promoted to pilot?
4. How does Gann view this situation and the last minute switching of planes?
5. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does weather affect Gann's route in AM-21 and his ability to land at his stops?
2. Over time, how does Ross begin to treat Gann?
3. How does Gann spend his trans-Atlantic flight?
4. What role did Gann have during the wars?
5. How does Gann view the other pilots and their modesty about their flying abilities?
6. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
7. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
8. Briefly describe McIntosh and his teaching style.
9. How does Gann feel about flying the Douglas DC-2 and DC-3?
10. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)