|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the base where Gann lands in Greenland?
(a) St. John's Base.
(c) Baliss Bay.
2. Which of the following tricks does Ross teach Gann for flying in severe weather?
(a) Flying high and above the weather.
(b) Night vision.
(c) Flying low and close to the ground.
(d) Positioning the seat for maximum visibility.
3. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(b) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
(c) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(d) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
4. What plane does Gann find abandoned on his first shuttle flight to South America?
(a) A Kickers 97.
(b) A Shooters 56.
(c) A Junkers 86.
(d) A Runners 42.
5. When the missing item cannot be located in Wilkes-Barre, what happens to the flight?
(a) The flight is redirected to another route.
(b) The flight is delayed.
(c) The rest of the flights are cancelled.
(d) Nothing, everything is fine and on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gann mention the technician looks for the missing item when they are in Wilkes-Barre?
2. What happened to the start-up company Gann worked for after World War II?
3. Why does McCabe reassign Gann?
4. What type of routes are the men being trained to fly?
5. In chapter 8, which friend of Gann's joins the route AM-21 as a pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gann is stationed in Maine as a civilian pilot. What does he do as a civilian pilot while stationed there?
2. How does Gann feel about flying the Douglas DC-2 and DC-3?
3. Describe the scene as Gann and his crew approach Greenland.
4. What role did Gann have during the wars?
5. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
6. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
7. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
8. Over time, how does Ross begin to treat Gann?
9. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
10. Who is Robbins?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)