|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heavy with fuel and equipment, what is the mph Gann's plane averages on the way to Greenland?
(a) 1,005 mph.
(b) 115 mph.
(c) 515 mph.
(d) 1,500 mph.
2. Which direction does Gann follow the river while flying over the trackless jungles of South America?
3. What type of routes are the men being trained to fly?
(a) Commercial routes.
(b) Low routes.
(c) Fighter routes.
(d) Secret routes.
4. Generally, how do landings on Gann's Newark route seem to be executed?
(a) They are prolonged and exciting.
(b) They are short and sweet.
(c) They are quick and dangerous.
(d) The are long and dull.
5. Who is Robbins?
(a) Gann's best friend.
(b) The airport coordinator and flight scheduler.
(c) Another instructor.
(d) The chief pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, how does Gann view Keim's character?
2. Which two pilots does Gann mention in chapter 7 have recently died in a crash?
3. While at Goose Bay, what locations does Gann realize will offer excellent staging areas during the war?
4. Upon landing at Wilkes-Barre, what item can Gann not locate?
5. On Gann's flight with Hughen, the plane begins to ice up and quickly loses altitude and speed. What is Gann's reaction to this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has caused Gann's oil line to erupt on his flight from Belem?
2. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
3. Over time, how does Ross begin to treat Gann?
4. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
5. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
6. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
7. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
8. How does Gann's crew recover their takeoff when the cargo that they are flying to Goose Bay causes the plane to nearly stall? What does Gann learn from this experience?
9. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
10. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)