|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that the seniority number determines?
(a) Their numbers determine what times they fly.
(b) They are only referred to by their number.
(c) They gain tenure by their seniority number.
(d) Their number assigns them to certain routes.
2. What area is Gann assigned to upon graduation?
3. Ross begins using Zen-like techniques with Gann to do what?
(a) To make Gann choke under pressure.
(b) To help Gann sleep.
(c) To practice his hypnotism.
(d) To develop Gann's confidence.
4. What does Ross do as Gann repeatedly makes the same mistakes?
(a) Encourages him.
(c) Verbally insults him.
(d) Kicks him out of the cockpit.
5. What type of adverse weather is Gann's flying route used to experiencing?
(a) Large, golf ball-sized hail.
(b) Deep, dense fog.
(c) Sudden, heavy thunderstorms.
(d) Low lying snowfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Gann's flight with Hughen, the plane begins to ice up and quickly loses altitude and speed. What is Gann's reaction to this?
2. How does Gann describe Ross' demeanor?
3. What character traits does Gann seem to attribute to his fellow pilots?
4. What type of pilot was Ernest when he flew for the Air Transport Command?
5. What types of trips will Gann be flying while at Newark?
Short Essay Questions
1. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
2. Who is Ernest Gann?
3. How does the U.S. intend to further its aviation influence in South America?
4. How does Gann seem to feel about this seniority number?
5. What role did Gann have during the wars?
6. Who is Robbins?
7. How is Ross viewed as a pilot by others on the route?
8. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
9. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
10. Why does Gann see Goose Bay, and other Northeastern locations, as important to the U.S military?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)