|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 6, what does the reader learn about the need for pilots on Gann's route?
(a) His route needs more co-pilots.
(b) His route needs pilots.
(c) His route has a surplus of pilots.
(d) His route is fine with pilots.
2. What does Keim expect from his new co-pilot?
(a) Keim expects Gann to be completely subordinate.
(b) Keim expects nothing much from Gann.
(c) Keim expects Gann to share all responsibilities 50/50.
(d) Keim expects Gann to take the lead as much as possible.
3. After the Wilkes-Barre incident, Ross decides to let Gann land at their next stop. How is that landing?
(a) It is rough but due to weather only.
(b) It is botched by Gann.
(c) It goes smoothly.
(d) Ross changes his mind and lands the plane himself.
4. Heavy with fuel and equipment, what is the mph Gann's plane averages on the way to Greenland?
(a) 115 mph.
(b) 1,500 mph.
(c) 1,005 mph.
(d) 515 mph.
5. What plane does Gann find abandoned on his first shuttle flight to South America?
(a) A Junkers 86.
(b) A Shooters 56.
(c) A Runners 42.
(d) A Kickers 97.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the base where Gann lands in Greenland?
2. What is one thing that the seniority number determines?
3. When Gann co-pilots on other routes, he sometimes flies a DC-3. How does Gann view the DC-3's flying capabilities?
4. How does Gann describe Ross' demeanor?
5. Which of the following locations is not a stop on Gann's Newark route?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over time, how does Ross begin to treat Gann?
2. Briefly describe Lester and his teaching style.
3. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
4. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
5. What does Gann learn about Ross' childhood?
6. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
7. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
8. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
9. How does Gann's crew recover their takeoff when the cargo that they are flying to Goose Bay causes the plane to nearly stall? What does Gann learn from this experience?
10. How does Gann spend his trans-Atlantic flight?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)