|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Again, Gann manages to mess up, but Ross is there to save the day. What does Gann realize after his first flight day with Ross?
(a) Gann realizes that he hates being a co-pilot.
(b) Gann realizes that he has nothing left to learn from Ross.
(c) Gann realizes that he has a lot to learn.
(d) Gann realizes that Ross is not that great of a teacher.
2. Which numbers are more senior to Gann's?
(a) Any number that ends in an even number.
(b) Any number that ends in an odd number.
(c) Any number that is lower than his.
(d) Any number that is higher than his.
3. How does Gann describe Ross' demeanor?
(a) He is rather unfriendly and arrogant.
(b) He is nervous but entertaining.
(c) He is clumsy and rude.
(d) He walks with grace and is likeable.
4. How does Gann describe Ross' physical appearance?
(a) He is dirty but strong.
(b) He is clean and powerfully built.
(c) He is tall and rather round.
(d) He is short and skinny.
5. What happens to the airline industry due to the wartime economy?
(a) The airline industry outsources work.
(b) The airline industry remains static.
(c) The airline industry grows.
(d) The airline industry declines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which aircraft were the students primarily taught to fly?
2. Where did Ernest Gann fly primarily prior to World War II?
3. What does Ross do as Gann repeatedly makes the same mistakes?
4. Why does Gann decide against requesting a transfer away from Ross?
5. Why is America so intent on gaining influence in South America as World War II looms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gann feel about flying the Douglas DC-2 and DC-3?
2. After WWII, what war does Gann fly in, and how does he feel about his role as a pilot in this situation again?
3. Who is Sloniger, and what is so special about him?
4. What emergency causes Gann to have to land his plane on his flight from Steensville?
5. Upon landing with his cargo at Goose Bay, what do Gann and his crew discover?
6. What was Gann's responsibility as a co-pilot when they landed at Wilkes-Barre?
7. How does Gann seem to feel about this seniority number?
8. What does Gann learn kept his flight safe on the way from Honolulu to Burbank despite the fact that they were missing a critical piece of equipment?
9. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
10. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)