|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emotionally, how does Gann feel about finally being promoted to pilot?
(a) He is humble.
(b) He finds it too much work.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He finds it satisfying .
2. When Ernest flew for the start-up company, between which two places did he fly mainly?
(a) Mexico and New York.
(b) California and Hawaii.
(c) Colorado and Havana.
(d) Florida and Canada.
3. How many men did Gann attend flight school with?
4. Which one of the following symptoms of hypoxia does Gann remember on his flight over the Andes?
(a) Hightened sense of smell.
(c) Increased mental awareness.
(d) Visual disturbances.
5. How does Gann describe Ross' physical appearance?
(a) He is short and skinny.
(b) He is clean and powerfully built.
(c) He is dirty but strong.
(d) He is tall and rather round.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the base where Gann lands in Greenland?
2. What was Gann's seniority number when he completed flight school?
3. Midway through the novel, which dangerous disease does Gann become stricken with?
4. What type of adverse weather is Gann's flying route used to experiencing?
5. Which of the following topics does Gann not ponder while flying from Goose Bay to Greenland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gann see Goose Bay, and other Northeastern locations, as important to the U.S military?
2. How does Gann view the other pilots and their modesty about their flying abilities?
3. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
4. What has caused Gann's oil line to erupt on his flight from Belem?
5. Who is Ernest Gann?
6. What role did Gann have during the wars?
7. Describe the scene as Gann and his crew approach Greenland.
8. What type of novel is "Fate Is the Hunter"?
9. What does the flight school aim to teach its students?
10. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)