|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eliminates the visibility on Gann's flight to Goose Bay?
(a) Dense smoke.
(b) Heavy hail.
(c) Snow flurries.
(d) Thick fog.
2. On Gann's flight with Hughen, the plane begins to ice up and quickly loses altitude and speed. What is Gann's reaction to this?
(a) He is concerned but confident.
(b) He is quickly frightened.
(c) He is not shaken at all.
(d) He is aloof.
3. While Gann is straightening out the mess with the missing item in Wilkes-Barre, what is Ross doing?
(a) Taking off without a co-pilot.
(b) Helping Gann search for the missing item.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Eating lunch.
4. What does Keim expect from his new co-pilot?
(a) Keim expects Gann to be completely subordinate.
(b) Keim expects Gann to take the lead as much as possible.
(c) Keim expects nothing much from Gann.
(d) Keim expects Gann to share all responsibilities 50/50.
5. In Chapter 8, Gann is assigned a new flight crew on his cargo plane; which of the following men is not a member of Gann's new crew?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the missing item cannot be located in Wilkes-Barre, what happens to the flight?
2. After the Wilkes-Barre incident, Ross decides to let Gann land at their next stop. How is that landing?
3. Which aircraft were the students primarily taught to fly?
4. What kind of airplanes does the U.S. promise to bring to South America for no extra costs?
5. How does the author describe South America's aviation facilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
2. How does Gann describe Ross?
3. How does Gann feel about flying the Douglas DC-2 and DC-3?
4. Why does Gann appreciate his shorter AM-21 route?
5. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
6. Briefly describe the near death situation Gann and his co-pilot Beattie faced as noted in the novel's prologue.
7. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
8. Briefly describe McIntosh and his teaching style.
9. Why does Gann see Goose Bay, and other Northeastern locations, as important to the U.S military?
10. What does Gann learn about Ross' childhood?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)