|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to having the visibility limitations on, what type of takeoff does Gann decide to do when leaving for Goose Bay?
(a) A normal takeoff.
(b) A blind takeoff.
(c) A delayed takeoff.
(d) An instrument-only takeoff.
2. Which two pilots does Gann mention in chapter 7 have recently died in a crash?
(a) Cooper and Owens.
(b) Harold and Boone.
(c) Charles and Dixon.
(d) Cooper and Jackson.
3. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
(b) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
(c) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(d) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
4. Where did Ross grow up as a child?
(a) Detroit, MI.
(b) Massilon, OH.
(c) Lansing, MI.
(d) Cleveland, OH.
5. Midway through the novel, which dangerous disease does Gann become stricken with?
(a) Yellow fever.
(d) West Nile virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ross seem to handle and respond to Gann's mistakes at Wilkes-Barre and various other stops on their first flight?
2. While Gann is straightening out the mess with the missing item in Wilkes-Barre, what is Ross doing?
3. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
4. When Gann corrects the plane's altitude, what happens?
5. What type of aircraft does Gann enjoy flying because it is easy and new?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Gann have during the wars?
2. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
3. Who is Ernest Gann?
4. Pilots are assigned a seniority number. Why is this number important?
5. How does Gann feel about flying the Douglas DC-2 and DC-3?
6. What does Gann do with the abandoned German plane that he locates in South America on his initial flight over there?
7. What are some of Keim's characteristics and qualities?
8. Over time, how does Ross begin to treat Gann?
9. How does Gann seem to feel about this seniority number?
10. What are some responsibilities that Gann will be doing while flying at Newark?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)