|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eliminates the visibility on Gann's flight to Goose Bay?
(a) Thick fog.
(b) Dense smoke.
(c) Heavy hail.
(d) Snow flurries.
2. Which of the following locations is not a stop on Gann's Newark route?
3. What is the main load on the cargo planes that Gann pilots for the military when he first begins flying on their behalf?
(b) Equipment for the U.S. Armed Forces.
(c) Passengers on commercial flights.
(d) Canned food.
4. Which two pilots does Gann mention in chapter 7 have recently died in a crash?
(a) Cooper and Owens.
(b) Cooper and Jackson.
(c) Harold and Boone.
(d) Charles and Dixon.
5. What does Ross reveal when he hears Gann is not Army-taught as a pilot?
(a) That he is not Army-taught, either.
(b) That he only flies with Army-taught pilots.
(c) He believes everyone should be Army-taught.
(d) That he does not know what Army-taught means.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes Hughen?
2. What area is Gann assigned to upon graduation?
3. What character traits does Gann seem to attribute to his fellow pilots?
4. Again, Gann manages to mess up, but Ross is there to save the day. What does Gann realize after his first flight day with Ross?
5. How does Gann view Ross' Zen-like techniques?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does weather affect Gann's route in AM-21 and his ability to land at his stops?
2. What is one thing Gann likes about the occasional long route from Newark to Chicago?
3. How does the U.S. intend to further its aviation influence in South America?
4. While flying over the jungles of South America in search of an airport, what random decision do Gann and his co-pilot make, and what is the outcome?
5. What are some tricks that Gann learns from Ross?
6. What happened on Gann's flight with Hughen to Nashville that could have nearly killed them?
7. How does Gann spend his trans-Atlantic flight?
8. What type of special school is Gann invited to and what happens when he attends?
9. How does Gann describe Ross?
10. How does Gann handle the landing at Syracuse?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)