Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gann describe the weather at Goose Bay?
(a) Clear and cold.
(b) Humid and thunderous.
(c) Warm and breezy.
(d) Cranky and unpredictable.
2. In which South American city are new planes to be delivered?
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
3. Why does McCabe reassign Gann?
(a) Because he already has a co-pilot.
(b) Because he thinks Gann can help another pilot .
(c) Because he did not have a good demonstration flight.
(d) Because he is jealous of Gann's skills.
4. While Gann is straightening out the mess with the missing item in Wilkes-Barre, what is Ross doing?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Helping Gann search for the missing item.
(d) Taking off without a co-pilot.
5. Which numbers are more senior to Gann's?
(a) Any number that ends in an even number.
(b) Any number that is lower than his.
(c) Any number that ends in an odd number.
(d) Any number that is higher than his.
6. How does Ross seem to handle and respond to Gann's mistakes at Wilkes-Barre and various other stops on their first flight?
(a) He is tolerant.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is angry and yells.
(d) He is mocking and rude.
7. Which best describes Hughen?
(a) A young man.
(b) A novice pilot.
(c) A poorly trained pilot.
(d) A very experienced pilot.
8. How does the author describe Keim's physical appearance?
(a) He is lanky but strong.
(b) He is stocky and broad.
(c) He is tall and slender.
(d) He is short and weak.
9. Upon landing at Wilkes-Barre, what item can Gann not locate?
(a) The breaks.
(b) His headphone.
(c) The cargo door.
(d) The mailbag.
10. In chapter 6, what does the reader learn about the need for pilots on Gann's route?
(a) His route is fine with pilots.
(b) His route needs pilots.
(c) His route needs more co-pilots.
(d) His route has a surplus of pilots.
11. While Gann is recovering from his illness, what are other pilots receiving?
(a) Their vacation pay.
(b) Their war activation letters.
(c) Their pink slips.
(d) Their pension payments.
12. Which direction does Gann follow the river while flying over the trackless jungles of South America?
13. How many round trips per week will Gann be required to do at Newark?
14. Why can't Lester fly anymore?
(a) He has several physical wounds.
(b) The school does not like him to fly.
(c) He is afraid of being in the air.
(d) He is not licensed anymore.
15. Which one of the following symptoms of hypoxia does Gann remember on his flight over the Andes?
(a) Increased mental awareness.
(b) Visual disturbances.
(c) Hightened sense of smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of special school does McIntosh invite Gann to attend?
2. Throughout the text, how does Gann seem to respond to this seniority number?
3. What does Ross reveal when he hears Gann is not Army-taught as a pilot?
4. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
5. What is one thing that the seniority number determines?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)