|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gann corrects the plane's altitude, what happens?
(a) His co-pilot has a heart attack.
(b) Another plane flies by, barely missing Gann's plane.
(c) Gann falls asleep.
(d) They hit a flock of birds.
2. What type of pilot was Ernest when he flew for the Air Transport Command?
(a) A fighter pilot.
(b) An air raid pilot.
(c) A civil pilot.
(d) A special forces pilot.
3. Which ocean does the crew fly over on their way to drop their cargo in Greenland?
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) Indian Ocean.
(c) Arctic Ocean.
(d) Atlantic Ocean.
4. As more experienced pilots move into Gann's route, what happens to Gann?
(a) He is demoted back to co-pilot.
(b) He is paired with an experienced co-pilot.
(c) He is given a promotion to captain.
(d) He is fired.
5. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
(a) Ross refuses to fly with Gann.
(b) He and Gann become best friends.
(c) He becomes more demanding of Gann.
(d) Ross becomes jealous of Gann's skills.
6. Why did Ernest retire from flying?
(a) To avoid death.
(b) Just because.
(c) To pursue his true passion, writing.
(d) To spend more time with his family.
7. Which numbers are more senior to Gann's?
(a) Any number that ends in an even number.
(b) Any number that is higher than his.
(c) Any number that ends in an odd number.
(d) Any number that is lower than his.
8. Which of the following tricks does Ross teach Gann for flying in severe weather?
(a) Positioning the seat for maximum visibility.
(b) Night vision.
(c) Flying high and above the weather.
(d) Flying low and close to the ground.
9. Which of the following topics does Gann not ponder while flying from Goose Bay to Greenland?
(a) Beauty of nature.
(b) Feelings of loneliness.
(c) Human trust.
(d) The idea of a soul mate.
10. Generally, how do landings on Gann's Newark route seem to be executed?
(a) The are long and dull.
(b) They are short and sweet.
(c) They are quick and dangerous.
(d) They are prolonged and exciting.
11. Where does Gann mention the technician looks for the missing item when they are in Wilkes-Barre?
(a) The food storage area.
(b) The overhead bin.
(c) The tail compartment.
(d) Under Gann's seat.
12. How does Gann describe the weather at Goose Bay?
(a) Warm and breezy.
(b) Clear and cold.
(c) Cranky and unpredictable.
(d) Humid and thunderous.
13. What does Ross do as Gann repeatedly makes the same mistakes?
(a) Verbally insults him.
(b) Kicks him out of the cockpit.
(d) Encourages him.
14. When Gann discovers that his demonstration flight will be on a DC-2, how does he feel?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is upset but pretends he is happy.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is dismayed.
15. What type of pilot is Ross considered by other pilots and Gann?
(a) Devilishly handsome.
(b) The worst pilot on his route.
(c) The best pilot on his route.
(d) A pushover pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these men did not attend flight school with Gann?
2. Who is Robbins?
3. In Chapter 6, how long does Gann see himself holding his pilot position?
4. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
5. When the missing item cannot be located in Wilkes-Barre, what happens to the flight?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)