|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the base where Gann lands in Greenland?
(a) Baliss Bay.
(b) St. John's Base.
2. While Gann is recovering from his illness, what are other pilots receiving?
(a) Their pink slips.
(b) Their pension payments.
(c) Their vacation pay.
(d) Their war activation letters.
3. Which one of these men did not attend flight school with Gann?
4. What is one thing that the seniority number determines?
(a) They are only referred to by their number.
(b) They gain tenure by their seniority number.
(c) Their numbers determine what times they fly.
(d) Their number assigns them to certain routes.
5. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
(a) He and Gann become best friends.
(b) Ross becomes jealous of Gann's skills.
(c) He becomes more demanding of Gann.
(d) Ross refuses to fly with Gann.
6. When the missing item cannot be located in Wilkes-Barre, what happens to the flight?
(a) The flight is delayed.
(b) Nothing, everything is fine and on time.
(c) The flight is redirected to another route.
(d) The rest of the flights are cancelled.
7. What does Ross reveal when he hears Gann is not Army-taught as a pilot?
(a) That he does not know what Army-taught means.
(b) That he only flies with Army-taught pilots.
(c) That he is not Army-taught, either.
(d) He believes everyone should be Army-taught.
8. While at Goose Bay, what locations does Gann realize will offer excellent staging areas during the war?
(d) South Pacific.
9. What happened to the start-up company Gann worked for after World War II?
(a) It became the biggest air carrier of all time.
(b) It failed.
(c) Gann became the president of the company.
(d) It became Southwest Airlines.
10. What type of pilot was Lester in his flying days?
(a) A Navy fighter pilot.
(b) A commercial pilot.
(c) A water plane pilot.
(d) A crop dusting pilot.
11. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
(a) The DC-4.
(b) The DC-5.
(c) The DC-2.
(d) The DC-3.
12. What area is Gann assigned to upon graduation?
13. In which South American city are new planes to be delivered?
(b) Rio de Janeiro.
14. Why is America so intent on gaining influence in South America as World War II looms?
(a) Because Germany is very influential there.
(b) Because South America is their ally.
(c) Because they like South America.
(d) Because Russia is influential there.
15. How does Gann describe Ross' demeanor?
(a) He walks with grace and is likeable.
(b) He is nervous but entertaining.
(c) He is rather unfriendly and arrogant.
(d) He is clumsy and rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modified and militarized plane is Gann flying when he makes his cargo flights?
2. Why did Ernest retire from flying?
3. Which one of the following symptoms of hypoxia does Gann remember on his flight over the Andes?
4. Which word best describes the flight from Goose Bay to Greenland?
5. Upon leaving Wilkes-Barre, Ross allows Gann to fly to the next location. What is that location?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)