|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, how does Gann view Keim's character?
(a) He thinks Keim is patient and kind.
(b) Gann thinks Keim is a pushover and not very skilled.
(c) He thinks Keim is a great teacher and is tough.
(d) Gann sees Keim as domineering and arrogant.
2. In chapter 6, how many pilots and co-pilots does Gann mention are killed in crashes?
(a) 1 pilot and 1 co-pilot.
(b) 1 pilot and 2 co-pilots.
(c) 2 pilots and 2 co-pilots.
(d) 2 pilots and 3 co-pilots.
3. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
(a) He spends time greeting passengers and being friendly.
(b) He spends time alone, interacting with no one.
(c) He spends time getting to know the crew.
(d) He spends as much time as possible working on his landing.
4. What modified and militarized plane is Gann flying when he makes his cargo flights?
(a) A C-47.
(b) A D-47.
(c) A G-42.
(d) A C-67.
5. What does Ross do as Gann repeatedly makes the same mistakes?
(b) Encourages him.
(c) Kicks him out of the cockpit.
(d) Verbally insults him.
6. Which numbers are more senior to Gann's?
(a) Any number that ends in an even number.
(b) Any number that ends in an odd number.
(c) Any number that is higher than his.
(d) Any number that is lower than his.
7. Which of the following locations is not a stop on Gann's Newark route?
8. What kind of airplanes does the U.S. promise to bring to South America for no extra costs?
(a) Franklin Flyer.
(b) Airbus Armada.
(c) Lockheed Lodestars.
(d) Boeing Boomerangs.
9. What is the cargo load Gann and his crew are taking to Goose Bay?
(a) Scrap metal.
(b) Steel radio masts.
(c) Tank tires.
(d) Aluminum can lids.
10. What type of pilot is Ross considered by other pilots and Gann?
(a) The best pilot on his route.
(b) Devilishly handsome.
(c) The worst pilot on his route.
(d) A pushover pilot.
11. What type of training does McIntosh provide?
(a) Classroom training.
(b) Simulated training.
(c) Secondary training.
(d) Mental training.
12. Whose methods and practices does flight school teach the pilots?
(a) Euro Airlines.
(b) American Airlines.
(c) British Airlines.
(d) Northern Airlines.
13. What is the main load on the cargo planes that Gann pilots for the military when he first begins flying on their behalf?
(a) Canned food.
(b) Passengers on commercial flights.
(d) Equipment for the U.S. Armed Forces.
14. Why did Ernest retire from flying?
(a) Just because.
(b) To avoid death.
(c) To spend more time with his family.
(d) To pursue his true passion, writing.
15. Which aircraft were the students primarily taught to fly?
(a) 747's and DC-2's.
(b) DC-2's and DC-3's.
(c) BC-4's and F27's.
(d) Tigers and BC-4's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
2. What types of trips will Gann be flying while at Newark?
3. Heavy with fuel and equipment, what is the mph Gann's plane averages on the way to Greenland?
4. Again, Gann manages to mess up, but Ross is there to save the day. What does Gann realize after his first flight day with Ross?
5. Which best describes Hughen?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)