|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - "A Hole - So Small, but of Exquisite Design".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Gann is straightening out the mess with the missing item in Wilkes-Barre, what is Ross doing?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Taking off without a co-pilot.
(c) Helping Gann search for the missing item.
(d) Eating lunch.
2. What type of shoes does Ross wear?
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Expensive black ankle boots.
(d) Brown flying boots.
3. Which ocean does the crew fly over on their way to drop their cargo in Greenland?
(a) Indian Ocean.
(b) Pacific Ocean.
(c) Atlantic Ocean.
(d) Arctic Ocean.
4. In chapter 6, how many pilots and co-pilots does Gann mention are killed in crashes?
(a) 1 pilot and 2 co-pilots.
(b) 2 pilots and 3 co-pilots.
(c) 1 pilot and 1 co-pilot.
(d) 2 pilots and 2 co-pilots.
5. Which of the following topics does Gann not ponder while flying from Goose Bay to Greenland?
(a) Human trust.
(b) Beauty of nature.
(c) Feelings of loneliness.
(d) The idea of a soul mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous mishap happens seconds after Gann takes off in a Douglas C-54 in Chapter 14?
2. In Agra, Gann's plane was so overloaded, he almost what?
3. Which two pilots does Gann mention in chapter 7 have recently died in a crash?
4. In chapter 14, which flight schoolmate of Gann's does the reader learn is killed in a flight accident?
5. How does Gann describe the view as they approach their destination in Greenland?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)