|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - "A Hole - So Small, but of Exquisite Design".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new navigation trick is used to help keep planes on route to O'Connor's position?
(a) Celestial navigation.
(b) Magnetic navigation.
(d) Guide features.
2. How many days of searching have passed before O'Connor is located?
(a) Four days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What type of training does McIntosh provide?
(a) Classroom training.
(b) Simulated training.
(c) Secondary training.
(d) Mental training.
4. By the time Gann's crew reaches Iceland, about how long have they been flying?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 16 hours.
5. What does Gann note "saved the day" when his Douglas C-54 has technical issues, causing a potentially life threatening situation?
(a) The plane's wingspan.
(b) His proximity to the runway.
(c) The engineers' skills.
(d) His flying ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following symptoms of hypoxia does Gann remember on his flight over the Andes?
2. What type of pilot is Ross considered by other pilots and Gann?
3. Which of the following tricks does Ross teach Gann for flying in severe weather?
4. In chapter 6, what does the reader learn about the need for pilots on Gann's route?
5. What type of routes are the men being trained to fly?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)