|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - "Heat - In Most Men There Lurks a Lesser Man, and His Presence Smells in the Sun".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gann describe the view as they approach their destination in Greenland?
(a) Shining city lights.
(b) Coastal cliffs and craggy fjords.
(c) Flat marshlands.
(d) Smooth white beaches.
2. By the time Gann's crew reaches Iceland, about how long have they been flying?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 16 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 3 days.
3. Which direction does Gann follow the river while flying over the trackless jungles of South America?
4. How does the author describe Keim's physical appearance?
(a) He is stocky and broad.
(b) He is short and weak.
(c) He is lanky but strong.
(d) He is tall and slender.
5. Initially, how does Gann view his new role flying on behalf of the military?
(a) He enjoys the freedom of it.
(b) He misses being a commercial pilot.
(c) He finds it too strict.
(d) He finds it too boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the trip from Goose Bay to Greenland estimated to be for Gann and his crew?
2. As more experienced pilots move into Gann's route, what happens to Gann?
3. How is O'Connor's lost flight located?
4. What type of routes are the men being trained to fly?
5. Which two pilots does Gann mention in chapter 7 have recently died in a crash?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)