|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - "Heat - In Most Men There Lurks a Lesser Man, and His Presence Smells in the Sun".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following locations is not a stop on Gann's Newark route?
2. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
(a) The DC-5.
(b) The DC-2.
(c) The DC-3.
(d) The DC-4.
3. What are Gann and his co-pilot looking for by following the river through the jungles of South America?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) An enemy base.
(c) An airport.
(d) An empty field.
4. Why does McCabe reassign Gann?
(a) Because he did not have a good demonstration flight.
(b) Because he thinks Gann can help another pilot .
(c) Because he is jealous of Gann's skills.
(d) Because he already has a co-pilot.
5. What piloting tasks does Ross trust his co-pilots with that most other pilots do not?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Landings and takeoffs.
(c) Talking over the intercom.
(d) Delivering the mail at stops.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Gann notes that he, as most pilots, flies between Goose Bay and which other stop?
2. How many men did Gann attend flight school with?
3. Occasionally, Gann co-pilots for other pilots on a route from Newark to which main city?
4. How does Gann describe his home in Brazil?
5. How is O'Connor's lost flight located?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)