|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - "Heat - In Most Men There Lurks a Lesser Man, and His Presence Smells in the Sun".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(b) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(c) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
(d) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
2. In what other war, besides World War II, did Ernest fly?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Persian Gulf War.
(d) The Battle of the Bulge.
3. Which one of these men did not attend flight school with Gann?
4. What happens to the airline industry due to the wartime economy?
(a) The airline industry outsources work.
(b) The airline industry declines.
(c) The airline industry remains static.
(d) The airline industry grows.
5. On Gann's flight with Hughen, the plane begins to ice up and quickly loses altitude and speed. What is Gann's reaction to this?
(a) He is not shaken at all.
(b) He is aloof.
(c) He is quickly frightened.
(d) He is concerned but confident.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ross seem to handle and respond to Gann's mistakes at Wilkes-Barre and various other stops on their first flight?
2. Occasionally, Gann co-pilots for other pilots on a route from Newark to which main city?
3. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
4. What type of aircraft does Gann think is a cantankerous and difficult machine?
5. What eliminates the visibility on Gann's flight to Goose Bay?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)