|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Of Numbers - and Their Power to Reduce the Presumptuous Quickly".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of pilot was Ernest when he flew for the Air Transport Command?
(a) A fighter pilot.
(b) A special forces pilot.
(c) A civil pilot.
(d) An air raid pilot.
2. What piloting tasks does Ross trust his co-pilots with that most other pilots do not?
(a) Landings and takeoffs.
(b) Talking over the intercom.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Delivering the mail at stops.
3. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(b) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
(c) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
(d) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
4. What was Gann's seniority number when he completed flight school?
5. What does Gann say that he is stalked by?
(c) The Unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Gann's flight with Hughen, the plane begins to ice up and quickly loses altitude and speed. What is Gann's reaction to this?
2. In chapter 5, the author refers to the opening of a new airport. What is the name of that airport?
3. What type of adverse weather is Gann's flying route used to experiencing?
4. What type of training does McIntosh provide?
5. Why did Ernest retire from flying?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)