|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "A Captain - At Work".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ernest flew for the start-up company, between which two places did he fly mainly?
(a) Colorado and Havana.
(b) California and Hawaii.
(c) Florida and Canada.
(d) Mexico and New York.
2. How does Gann describe Ross' demeanor?
(a) He is rather unfriendly and arrogant.
(b) He is clumsy and rude.
(c) He is nervous but entertaining.
(d) He walks with grace and is likeable.
3. Why does Gann decide against requesting a transfer away from Ross?
(a) Because Ross will retire soon, and Gann will be the pilot.
(b) Because he and Ross work well together.
(c) Because flying with Ross is an honor.
(d) Because there is no one else to transfer to.
4. What type of instructors are McIntosh and Lester?
(a) Irresponsible and rude.
(b) Free-spirited and easy.
(c) Driven and demanding.
(d) Easygoing but tough.
5. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
(a) The DC-4.
(b) The DC-5.
(c) The DC-2.
(d) The DC-3.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of aircraft does Gann think is a cantankerous and difficult machine?
2. When Gann discovers that his demonstration flight will be on a DC-2, how does he feel?
3. What is McCabe assessing during the demonstration flight?
4. Where did Ross grow up as a child?
5. In what other war, besides World War II, did Ernest fly?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)