|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "The Seasoning - Where the Mind is Honed and Sweat is Found to Mix With Ice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gann ask Robbins about Ross?
(a) Because Robbins flies with Ross.
(b) Because he knows about all the pilots and co-pilots.
(c) Because Robbins and Ross are brothers.
(d) Because Gann has heard Ross is a horrible flyer.
2. What type of aircraft does Gann enjoy flying because it is easy and new?
(a) The BC-4.
(b) The DC-3.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The F27.
3. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
(b) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(c) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(d) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
4. How does Gann describe Ross' physical appearance?
(a) He is tall and rather round.
(b) He is clean and powerfully built.
(c) He is short and skinny.
(d) He is dirty but strong.
5. When Gann discovers that his demonstration flight will be on a DC-2, how does he feel?
(a) He is upset but pretends he is happy.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is dismayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
2. How does Gann describe Ross' demeanor?
3. Which aircraft were the students primarily taught to fly?
4. How does Gann view Ross' Zen-like techniques?
5. While Gann is straightening out the mess with the missing item in Wilkes-Barre, what is Ross doing?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)