|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "The Seasoning - Where the Mind is Honed and Sweat is Found to Mix With Ice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gann glean in his time spent co-piloting with an array of different pilots?
(a) He realizes that he misses Ross.
(b) He discovers that he has learned nothing from his time with them.
(c) He learns tricks from all of them.
(d) He learns that it is not that hard to be a pilot.
2. What type of routes are the men being trained to fly?
(a) Fighter routes.
(b) Commercial routes.
(c) Secret routes.
(d) Low routes.
3. What type of instructors are McIntosh and Lester?
(a) Driven and demanding.
(b) Free-spirited and easy.
(c) Irresponsible and rude.
(d) Easygoing but tough.
4. Which aircraft were the students primarily taught to fly?
(a) 747's and DC-2's.
(b) DC-2's and DC-3's.
(c) Tigers and BC-4's.
(d) BC-4's and F27's.
5. What does Keim expect from his new co-pilot?
(a) Keim expects Gann to be completely subordinate.
(b) Keim expects Gann to share all responsibilities 50/50.
(c) Keim expects nothing much from Gann.
(d) Keim expects Gann to take the lead as much as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following locations is not a stop on Gann's Newark route?
2. When the missing item cannot be located in Wilkes-Barre, what happens to the flight?
3. Which one of these men did not attend flight school with Gann?
4. Initially, how does Gann view Keim's character?
5. What does Ross do as Gann repeatedly makes the same mistakes?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)