|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 - "The Numbers - In a Wicked, Vengeful Mood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emotionally, how does Gann feel about finally being promoted to pilot?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is humble.
(c) He finds it satisfying .
(d) He finds it too much work.
2. Where did Ross grow up as a child?
(a) Detroit, MI.
(b) Lansing, MI.
(c) Cleveland, OH.
(d) Massilon, OH.
3. What type of pilot is Ross considered by other pilots and Gann?
(a) The worst pilot on his route.
(b) A pushover pilot.
(c) Devilishly handsome.
(d) The best pilot on his route.
4. Due to having the visibility limitations on, what type of takeoff does Gann decide to do when leaving for Goose Bay?
(a) A blind takeoff.
(b) A delayed takeoff.
(c) An instrument-only takeoff.
(d) A normal takeoff.
5. Throughout the text, how does Gann seem to respond to this seniority number?
(a) He brags about his low number.
(b) He mourns for his low number.
(c) He dismisses the number altogether.
(d) He complains about his high number.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
2. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
3. What causes O'Connor's flight to be lost in Chapter 11?
4. Who is Robbins?
5. Which of the following tricks does Ross teach Gann for flying in severe weather?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)