|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 - "The Numbers - In a Wicked, Vengeful Mood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
(b) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(c) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(d) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
2. What area is Gann assigned to upon graduation?
3. What type of adverse weather is Gann's flying route used to experiencing?
(a) Sudden, heavy thunderstorms.
(b) Low lying snowfall.
(c) Large, golf ball-sized hail.
(d) Deep, dense fog.
4. Who is Robbins?
(a) Another instructor.
(b) The airport coordinator and flight scheduler.
(c) Gann's best friend.
(d) The chief pilot.
5. What types of trips will Gann be flying while at Newark?
(a) Trips carrying weapons and arms.
(b) Trips bombing enemy territory.
(c) Trips carrying foreign dignitaries.
(d) Trips carrying passengers and mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gann react when he finds that O'Connor has snatched the C-87 that Gann and his crew were supposed to fly on their route to Greenland, sticking them instead with the older C-47?
2. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
3. What piloting tasks does Ross trust his co-pilots with that most other pilots do not?
4. Which of the following is not a characteristic of the new C-87 as compared to the C-47?
5. How does Gann view Ross' Zen-like techniques?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)