1. What two countries are the settings for “Fasting, Feasting”?
India and the United States.
2. What does Uma spend her life doing?
Being subservient to her parents' demands.
3. Where is Arun at the opening of the novel?
In the United States.
4. What is Papa's vocation?
5. Around what does Mama build her life?
Meeting Papa's needs.
6. What does Papa do every day after work?
7. What do Mama and Papa do on occasional evenings at the club?
8. To what kind of life do Uma and Arun resign themselves?
Comfort and boredom.
This section contains 5,412 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)