|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26 - 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. O'Henry give Uma?
(a) Some books.
(b) A Bible.
(c) Some clothing from her older daughter.
(d) Some Christmas cards.
2. What does Mama tell Uma she must say to a man who comes to see her?
(a) That Arun made the treats.
(b) That Uma knows how to run a large household.
(c) That Uma made the treats that are being served.
(d) That Uma volunteers at the local school.
3. Why does Anamika suffer a miscarriage?
(a) She is too small.
(b) It is an ectopic pregnancy.
(c) As a result of a beating.
(d) The baby is malformed.
4. Why does Uma's world suddenly brighten one day in Chapter 5?
(a) Uma's Papa says she may travel and visit Arun in the United States.
(b) Mira-Masi wants Uma to travel with her.
(c) Aruna becomes engaged.
(d) Her cousin Ramu arrives.
5. How does Mira-Masi explain the two failed attempts at marriage for Uma?
(a) The men were not worthy of Uma.
(b) Uma is called to a higher purpose.
(d) Uma created the situation herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some of the pilgrims strike Uma on the back?
2. How does Mrs. Patton confront Melanie's refusal?
3. What is the result of the birth of Arun on Mama's position in the community?
4. What does Uma notice about Mira-Masi?
5. What is Papa's vocation?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)