|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26 - 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Arun at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In India.
(c) In England.
(d) In Italy.
2. What appealed to Arun about the idea of a room in a boarding house?
(a) Being completely on his own.
(b) Saving money.
(c) Becoming invisable.
3. What does Arun like to do as an escape?
(a) Play games with his toys.
(b) Talk with his sisters.
(c) Read comic book.
(d) Write silly plays.
4. How does Mrs. Patton respond when she finds Melanie at the swimming hole?
(a) She tells Melanie she has to go see a psychiatrist.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is aghast.
(d) She pretends Melanie has the flu.
5. What does Mrs. Joshi say about the groom's family?
(a) They would be very bad for Uma.
(b) They have a reputation for honor.
(c) They have a reputation for being unscrupulous.
(d) They are from the lower class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Arun and Mrs. Patton have in common?
2. What about Mrs. Patton's behavior bothers Arun?
3. What does Mrs. Patton say she and Arun can do together?
4. What are Mama and Papa's response to Dr. Dutt's inquiry?
5. What do Uma and Aruna feel about their mother's pregnancy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)