|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision do Uma's parents make that displeases her?
(a) Uma will go to boarding school in the fall.
(b) Uma has to stay in India instead of going to the United States for school.
(c) Uma will not return to the convent school.
(d) Uma must marry a young man she despises.
2. What does Uma say the atmosphere at the Ashram is like?
(b) Very quiet.
(c) Loud but organized.
3. What does Papa do every day after work?
(a) Play tennis.
(b) Call his father.
(c) Play cricket.
(d) Visit the temple.
4. What is Uma's response when the man interested in marrying her arrives at her house?
5. Why do some of the pilgrims strike Uma on the back?
(a) To bring her out of the trance.
(b) To gain luck.
(c) To loosen Uma's soul.
(d) To send her more deeply into the trance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uma's world suddenly brighten one day in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Uma go after making her phone call in Chapter 9?
3. Who does Uma call when her parents are out in Chapter 9?
4. What does Uma spend her life doing?
5. What do Arun and Mrs. Patton have in common?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)