|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prospective groom's father say that makes Mama want to arrange the marriage with that family?
(a) That the groom is attending school in the U.S.
(b) That the bride would live in a fine new home.
(c) That the bride would have a servant.
(d) That the groom has an available younger brother for Aruna.
2. What disappoints Papa about Arun as Arun gets older?
(a) Arun does not view his father as infallible.
(b) Arun is interested in law.
(c) Arun will not eat meat.
(d) Arun believes females are the equal of males.
3. Where does Uma sneak off to one day?
(a) The large Mall about 20 kilometers from home.
(b) St. John's Basilica.
(c) St. Mary's school.
(d) To her best friend's house.
4. Where is the ashram situated?
(a) On the Granges River.
(b) At the foot of some hills.
(c) On a small tributary of the Ganges River.
(d) On the open plains.
5. What do Uma and Aruna feel about their mother's pregnancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa do professionally?
2. How does Papa act once he gets home from the hospital after Mama delivers a baby boy?
3. What is Uma's response when the man interested in marrying her arrives at her house?
4. What does the prospective groom's family do for a living?
5. What does Uma say about having to take care of her new baby brother?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)