|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Uma and Aruna feel about their mother's pregnancy?
2. When does Mira-Masi occasionally appear at Uma's home?
(a) When Uma's father demands Mira-Masi's presence.
(b) When Mira-Masi's husband sends her away for some time.
(c) When Mira-Masi is en route to some spiritual adventure or pilgrimage.
(d) When Mira-Masi needs more money from Papa.
3. Why does Anamika suffer a miscarriage?
(a) It is an ectopic pregnancy.
(b) She is too small.
(c) As a result of a beating.
(d) The baby is malformed.
4. Where does Uma accompany Mira-Masi when the old woman visits?
(a) The temple.
(b) The open market.
(c) The library.
(d) The new mall.
5. Why is Papa so angry when the arranged marriage for Uma falls through?
(a) The groom's family spent the dowry.
(b) The groom has said things to sully Uma's reputation.
(c) Uma will never be able to marry now.
(d) There is not actually a son in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa rant about on the train ride home from Uma’s new husband’s place?
2. What happens when Uma is told she has the mark of the Lord?
3. What does Uma say about having to take care of her new baby brother?
4. When does Uma hear human voices at the Ashram?
5. What two countries are the settings for “Fasting, Feasting”?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)