|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama tell Uma she must say to a man who comes to see her?
(a) That Uma knows how to run a large household.
(b) That Uma made the treats that are being served.
(c) That Arun made the treats.
(d) That Uma volunteers at the local school.
2. What decision do Uma's parents make that displeases her?
(a) Uma has to stay in India instead of going to the United States for school.
(b) Uma will go to boarding school in the fall.
(c) Uma will not return to the convent school.
(d) Uma must marry a young man she despises.
3. What is the disposition of the man interested in marrying Uma?
4. What does Papa do professionally?
(a) Retires from his law practice.
(b) Becomes a judge.
(c) Becomes involved in politics.
(d) Begins winning famous trials.
5. Where does Uma accompany Mira-Masi when the old woman visits?
(a) The library.
(b) The temple.
(c) The new mall.
(d) The open market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ashram situated?
2. What is unfortunate for Aruna when she becomes of marriageable age?
3. What is the room like where Uma is shown at the Ashram?
4. What happens about Uma's marriage?
5. What does Uma say the atmosphere at the Ashram is like?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)