|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mama and Papa angry when Uma returns home after dinner out with a relative?
(a) She talks back to her parents.
(b) She is tipsy.
(c) She is very late.
(d) She tells her parents she was with a man.
2. What two countries are the settings for “Fasting, Feasting”?
(a) The United States and Malaysia.
(b) The United States and China.
(c) India and the United States.
(d) The Unites States and Napal.
3. What does Uma notice about Aruna in Chapter 8?
(a) Aruna instinctively knows how to dress and behave in public.
(b) Aruna is good at manipulating their mother.
(c) Aruna is not sorry that she can't get marries.
(d) Aruna is very shy.
4. What does Papa demand at his meals?
(a) For his family to listen to his daily soliloquies.
(d) Intelligent conversation.
5. What is the result of the birth of Arun on Mama's position in the community?
(a) It is more stable.
(b) It stays the same.
(c) It is elevated.
(d) It is more complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with Mira-Masi when she leaves Mama and Papa's home to go to the ashram?
2. How does Uma get home from her trip she sneaks off to make?
3. Why is Papa so angry when the arranged marriage for Uma falls through?
4. About what are Uma and Aruna disappointed concerning Anamika?
5. What is Uma's response when the man interested in marrying her arrives at her house?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)