|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the new baby boy born?
(b) At the end of the summer.
(c) Early winter.
2. What does Papa do every day after work?
(a) Visit the temple.
(b) Play cricket.
(c) Play tennis.
(d) Call his father.
3. Where does Anamika live after marriage?
(b) The United States.
4. How does Mira-Masi explain the two failed attempts at marriage for Uma?
(b) Uma created the situation herself.
(c) Uma is called to a higher purpose.
(d) The men were not worthy of Uma.
5. Why does Uma's world suddenly brighten one day in Chapter 5?
(a) Her cousin Ramu arrives.
(b) Mira-Masi wants Uma to travel with her.
(c) Uma's Papa says she may travel and visit Arun in the United States.
(d) Aruna becomes engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the birth of Arun on Mama's position in the community?
2. What does Uma say about having to take care of her new baby brother?
3. To what kind of life do Uma and Arun resign themselves?
4. About what is Uma's Papa outraged after she is married?
5. What decision do Uma's parents make that displeases her?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)