|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the implication of Mama's illness for Uma?
(a) Nothing, as Uma already does everything.
(b) Uma will have to return from England if her mama dies.
(c) She will have to stay home to care for Mama.
(d) If Mama dies, Uma will have to run the household.
2. What particularly strikes Arun as he is walking to the Patton home?
(a) That Mrs. Patton is allowing an unmarried male to stay in the same home with her daughters.
(b) That the Pattons do not even know he is from India.
(c) The tidy homes amidst verdant landscape.
(d) The irony of going to live with Americans, which he used to want to do but no longer does.
3. Who wants to take Uma to an ashram?
(a) She wants to take herself there.
4. What do Anamika's neighbors say is the cause of Anamika's death?
5. What does Mr. Patton not acknowledge?
(a) Mrs. Patton's desire for a vegetarian lifestyle.
(b) Arun's opinions.
(c) His son's opinions.
(d) The state of his family's mental health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Uma and Aruna feel about their mother's pregnancy?
2. Why does the prospective groom's family not offer a reciprocal invitation to Uma and her Mama?
3. Around what does Rod Patton's life revolve?
4. What does Uma collect?
5. How does Uma get home from her trip she sneaks off to make?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)