|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the prospective groom's family not offer a reciprocal invitation to Uma and her Mama?
(a) The groom is very ill.
(b) The groom is interested in Aruna, not Uma.
(c) The groom was killed in a motor scooter accident.
(d) The groom's father has died.
2. When does Uma collapse into one of her fits in Chapter 9?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) When the family is at the park.
(c) At a restaurant with Mira-Masi.
(d) At the pre-wedding cocktail party.
3. Where does Aruna go to live in Chapter 9?
(b) The United States.
(c) Southern India.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Mrs. Joshi encourage Uma to consider doing?
(a) Going to visit her brother in England.
(b) Going to stay with Aruna for a while.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Joining the convent.
5. What is unfortunate for Aruna when she becomes of marriageable age?
(a) She cannot marry until Uma does.
(b) She is clubfoot.
(c) She is rather ugly.
(d) She is barren.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Uma at the opening to Chapter 3?
2. What happens with Mira-Masi when she leaves Mama and Papa's home to go to the ashram?
3. Where does Uma sneak off to one day?
4. Why do Mama and Papa not approve of what has happened at the opening to Chapter 5?
5. What happens to the dowry Papa gives a suitor for Uma?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)