|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mama and Papa feel about Uma’s invitation from Mrs. O'Henry?
(a) They fear the shower will depress Uma.
(b) They think coffee parties are silly and unnecessary.
(c) They fear Uma will believe the West is better than India.
(d) They are gratified that some of the foreigners take an interest in Uma.
2. What does Uma drink when out to dinner?
(d) Just water.
3. How do the other guests act about the food Mrs. O'Henry serves?
4. How does Aruna see her parents in relation to her in-laws?
(a) As poor.
(b) As generous.
(c) As wealthy.
(d) As provincial.
5. When does Uma hear human voices at the Ashram?
(a) All the time.
(b) During morning and evening prayers.
(d) At meals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Uma at the opening to Chapter 3?
2. What disappoints Papa about Arun as Arun gets older?
3. Why do some of the pilgrims strike Uma on the back?
4. What does Mrs. Joshi say about the groom's family?
5. Where is Arun's father hoping Arun can continue his education?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)