|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the education level of billionaire, J.R. Simplot?
2. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
3. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
4. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
5. How did Hank die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
2. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
3. Why does Carl Karcher think Anaheim is "heaven" when he moves there from Ohio?
4. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
5. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
6. In James Dobson's (Focus on the Family founder) opinion, how should children be raised?
7. How does In-N-Out Burger do business differently than other restaurants?
8. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
9. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
10. What is the rancher Hank's form of range management?
Essay Topic 1
Who benefits from "conservation easements"? Why? What type of rancher faces the most economic difficulty in light of population growth and larger companies having captive supplies? Why? What other advantages do large companies have over smaller ranchers?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the practices that get ConAgra Foods into legal trouble. Which aspects of their business are involved? How are they punished?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the lives of Ray Kroc and Walt Disney. Include their personal histories, their business philosophies, and their interactions with each other.
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)