|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary medium of children's advertising?
2. Gaining the McNugget contract turns which company into the nation's largest chicken processor?
3. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
4. Which fast food company is one of the first to start selling franchises?
5. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the fast food chain expansion in Colorado Springs to thrive so well?
2. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
3. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
4. Why does Colorado Springs gain a series of new military bases after World War II?
5. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
6. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
7. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
8. What are some of Carl Karcher's ideas that should have remained on the drawing board?
9. According to the author, what is the purpose of the episodes of the television show, Disneyland?
10. How are poultry contracts constructed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author compare the appearance of bacterium Escherichia coli O157:H7 to the outbreak of the AIDS virus? Include when each first appeared, its affects on its victims, and how each can lie dormant for years, and what conditions have made it possible for each to thrive.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the conservative nature of the city of Colorado Springs evolved. Include the historical, political, and religious aspects of the city.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the plight of the Idaho potato farmer. How does the potato industry evolve in the twentieth century? Who are the major players involved in changing the potato industry? How does the development of potatoes into a bulk commodity affect the farmer?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)