|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company does Carl Karcher team up with to save Carl's Jr.?
2. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
3. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
4. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
5. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to one account, why does the deal to put McDonald's in Disneyland initially fall through?
2. How are poultry contracts constructed?
3. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
4. Why does Disney create "Tomorrowland"?
5. What is a development agent?
6. How does the software program Quintillion work?
7. How do the patterns of land ownership in the American West seem to closely resemble those of rural England?
8. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
9. Besides his success in the food business, what else has contributed to J.R. Simplot's wealth?
10. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the life of the rancher has changed since the days of the Wild West. Ho does the impact of new ranching techniques and the development of big cattle companies affect ranching?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the conservative nature of the city of Colorado Springs evolved. Include the historical, political, and religious aspects of the city.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the inherent conflict of interest between franchisees and franchisors. Include references to the way in which Subway obtains franchisees and the concept of encroachment.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)