|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fast food company is one of the first to start selling franchises?
2. What is built near Hank's land that can be seen from the top of one of his hills?
3. Before entering the Ray A. Kroc Musem, visitors pass through what?
4. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
5. In 1972, Ray Kroc gives $250,000 to whose presidential campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carl's Jr. stock fall during the 1980's?
2. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
3. How are poultry contracts constructed?
4. What is a development agent?
5. What is the rancher Hank's form of range management?
6. What do the McDonald brothers do in 1948 to change the food retail business and why?
7. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
8. Why does Colorado Springs gain a series of new military bases after World War II?
9. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
10. How is the poultry industry transformed in the 1980's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the sales pitch given to the city of Lexington, Nebraska by IBP to get citizens to allow a slaughterhouse be built there. How was this sales pitch a far cry from the reality that Lexington lives with today?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the lives of Ray Kroc and Walt Disney. Include their personal histories, their business philosophies, and their interactions with each other.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the life of the rancher has changed since the days of the Wild West. Ho does the impact of new ranching techniques and the development of big cattle companies affect ranching?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)