|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which transport industry is intentionally wiped out in Southern California?
2. In the 1960's and 1970's, the moment union activity was suspected at a McDonald's restaurant, a group of experienced managers and corporate executives called a ______ is sent in.
3. What is the apparent ideal for employees in the restaurant industry?
4. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
5. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
Short Essay Questions
1. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
2. How does a friend of Jesus, a late-night cleaning crew member, react when he enters the rendering room and why?
3. Despite differences between the two men, how is Walt Disney a role model for Ray Kroc?
4. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
5. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
6. Why does Disney create "Tomorrowland"?
7. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
8. What do the McDonald brothers do in 1948 to change the food retail business and why?
9. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
10. Why does Carl's Jr. stock fall during the 1980's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the affects that the influx of migrant workers has on communities where the meatpacking industry exists. What attracts people from south of the border to want to work America? How are the companies at fault for the negative impact on the local health care systems? What promises have GFI America make to workers from Eagle Pass, Texas that had a negative impact on the economy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the life of the rancher has changed since the days of the Wild West. Ho does the impact of new ranching techniques and the development of big cattle companies affect ranching?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of different food additives in the processed food industry. Why do additives become important? What kinds of additives are used and where do they come from?
This section contains 1,448 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)