|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. McDonaldland borrows its distinctive look from where?
2. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
3. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
4. What style of clothing does someone not see at Harrison High School now?
5. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carl's Jr. stock fall during the 1980's?
2. How does the character Ronald McDonald come to be?
3. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
4. Why is the automobile industry not content with just reaping the rewards of government-subsidized road construction?
5. What happens when a franchise operator fails to follow the McDonald's operation and training manual?
6. Why does Carl Karcher think Anaheim is "heaven" when he moves there from Ohio?
7. What are some of the requirements made in franchise contracts offered by fast food chains?
8. What are some of Carl Karcher's ideas that should have remained on the drawing board?
9. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
10. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the inherent conflict of interest between franchisees and franchisors. Include references to the way in which Subway obtains franchisees and the concept of encroachment.
Essay Topic 2
How does the innovation of the Chicken McNugget change the fast food food industry? How does it change the poultry industry? Which companies are involved in this evolution and how?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the conservative nature of the city of Colorado Springs evolved. Include the historical, political, and religious aspects of the city.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)