|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the small electric knives with spinning, round blades that workers use to carve meat?
2. In 1993, who becomes the first Latino head of the UFCW in Packingtown (Chicago)?
(a) Ruben Ramirez.
(b) Alex Molnar.
(c) Simon Gutierrez.
(d) Ramon Vasquez.
3. Injured workers at IBP who can't claim worker's comp almost always sign a ________ or risk losing their jobs.
(a) Short-term contract.
(b) Confession of personal negligence.
(d) Consent form.
4. Which health secretary surprises the British Parliament by declaring that mad cow disease might jump species and infect humans?
(a) Alistair Carmichael.
(b) Danny Alexander.
(c) Stephen Dorrell.
(d) Gregory Barker.
5. Which California-based restaurant chain boasts no microwaves, heat lamps, or freezers?
(a) California Pizza Kitchen.
(b) Boston Market.
(c) In-N-Out Burger.
(d) P.F. Chang's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
2. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
3. Who was the newly elected governor of Nebraska told by Mike Harper that his company needed more tax breaks or it would pick up shop and leave the state?
4. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
5. Which packing house owner is one of the two people from Colorado to be put on President Nixon's enemy list?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)