|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness caused by the toxin in E. coli O157-H7 can lead to kidney failure, anemia, internal bleeding, and the destruction of vital organs?
(a) Acrocallosal syndrome.
(c) Hemolytic uremic syndrome.
(d) Ardalan-Shoja-Kiuru syndrome.
2. What is considered the most important tool in the modern slaughterhouse?
(a) A good lawyer.
(b) Your wits.
(c) A tough attitude.
(d) A sharp knife.
3. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Barbara Boxer.
(b) Suzanne Somers.
(c) Kay Orr.
(d) Nancy Donley.
4. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
(a) A reacher.
(b) An innard cowboy.
(c) A gutter.
(d) A roper.
5. The Internet at the heart of today's economy started out as what?
(a) A business ethernet.
(b) A military communications network.
(c) A spy network.
(d) A video game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the supervisor given in the book who belittles his employees injuries, cursing them out, and shouting at his workers to move faster?
2. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
3. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
4. Eggs are regulated by what federal agency?
5. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
2. What does one of Dale Lasater's grandfather's do to fight against the Beef Trust?
3. What was the most popular meat in America before World War II and why did that change?
4. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
5. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
6. Why is grain-fed beef preferable to grass-fed beef?
7. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
8. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
9. How does In-N-Out Burger do business differently than other restaurants?
10. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)