|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town is near Lasater Ranch?
(a) Matheson, Colorado.
(b) Pueblo, Colorado.
(c) Cheyenne, Wyoming.
(d) Greeley, Colorado.
2. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
(a) Pizza Hut International.
(b) Subway Rhineland.
(c) KFC Germany.
(d) McDonald's Deutschland.
3. Which is the only state in the union to allow companies to leave the worker's comp system and set up its own system for dealing with injuries?
4. Which group quickly agrees to a large pay cut for its workers when Monfort takes over a Grand Island, Nebraska slaughterhouse?
(a) The UFCW.
(b) The International Meatpackers Union.
(c) The National Maritime Union.
(d) The ACLU.
5. Which health secretary surprises the British Parliament by declaring that mad cow disease might jump species and infect humans?
(a) Gregory Barker.
(b) Danny Alexander.
(c) Alistair Carmichael.
(d) Stephen Dorrell.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the writing of this book, who is the current CEO of McDonald's Corporation?
2. How high can the percentage of cattle that carries E. coli O157:H7 get in the summer?
3. Who was the newly elected governor of Nebraska told by Mike Harper that his company needed more tax breaks or it would pick up shop and leave the state?
4. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
5. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
2. What does one of Dale Lasater's grandfather's do to fight against the Beef Trust?
3. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
4. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
5. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
6. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
7. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
8. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
9. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
10. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)