|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town is near Lasater Ranch?
(a) Greeley, Colorado.
(b) Pueblo, Colorado.
(c) Matheson, Colorado.
(d) Cheyenne, Wyoming.
2. Cattle manure is not sent to waste treatment plants but dumped into ______.
(a) Septic systems.
(b) City dumps.
(c) Irrigation ditches.
3. What is considered the most important tool in the modern slaughterhouse?
(a) Your wits.
(b) A good lawyer.
(c) A sharp knife.
(d) A tough attitude.
4. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
(a) An innard cowboy.
(b) A roper.
(c) A gutter.
(d) A reacher.
5. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
(a) John Gotti.
(b) Moe Stenman.
(c) Tom Pendergast.
(d) Al Capone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness caused by the toxin in E. coli O157-H7 can lead to kidney failure, anemia, internal bleeding, and the destruction of vital organs?
2. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
3. What do some workers need to make themselves feel charged up and self-confident?
4. Who was the newly elected governor of Nebraska told by Mike Harper that his company needed more tax breaks or it would pick up shop and leave the state?
5. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
2. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
3. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
4. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
5. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
6. Why is grain-fed beef preferable to grass-fed beef?
7. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
8. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
9. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
10. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)