|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary export of Plauen, Germany before World War I?
2. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
(d) Chain mail.
3. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
(a) A gutter.
(b) A reacher.
(c) An innard cowboy.
(d) A roper.
4. During the communist rule of East Germany, the successful manufacturing of what product causes high pollution in the city?
(a) Cotton paper.
(b) Flax seed oil.
(c) Synthetic wool.
(d) Battery acid.
5. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered the most important tool in the modern slaughterhouse?
2. Companies from which country have bought Chrysler, Random House, and RCA Records?
3. Which country's beef has a vastly lower rate of Salmonella than the U.S., at .01%?
4. What is the other name for mad cow disease from the book?
5. What do some workers need to make themselves feel charged up and self-confident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
2. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
3. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
4. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
5. How does a friend of Jesus, a late-night cleaning crew member, react when he enters the rendering room and why?
6. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
7. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
8. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
9. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
10. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)