|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was elected for a second term in the 1999 Colorado Springs mayoral race?
(a) Mike Harper.
(b) Anne Summers.
(c) Roger Townsend.
(d) Mary Lou Makepeace.
2. In 1993, who becomes the first Latino head of the UFCW in Packingtown (Chicago)?
(a) Ramon Vasquez.
(b) Ruben Ramirez.
(c) Alex Molnar.
(d) Simon Gutierrez.
3. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) Mary Shelley.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) John Updike.
4. Which company's name translates to "partnership with the land"?
(a) Lamb Weston.
5. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
(a) Pizza Hut International.
(b) Subway Rhineland.
(c) McDonald's Deutschland.
(d) KFC Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
2. Companies from which country have bought Chrysler, Random House, and RCA Records?
3. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
4. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
5. Injured workers at IBP who can't claim worker's comp almost always sign a ________ or risk losing their jobs.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)