|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
(b) "Short-term contract".
(d) "At will".
2. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(b) Bat Cat.
(d) Mad Max.
3. Cattle remains that were previously fed to cattle are now fed to _____.
(a) Wild boar.
4. What has the upheaval caused by fundamental changes that sweep the meat-packing industry come to be known as?
(a) The anti-trust fiasco.
(c) The IBP revolution.
(d) The ConAgra solution.
5. The annual bonuses of plant foremen and supervisors are often based on what?
(a) Efficient production.
(b) Long hours.
(c) Employee morale.
(d) Low injury rate reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. David M. Theno helped which California poultry processor eliminate Salmonella from most of its birds?
2. Which kind of grass-fed, lower fat beef considered a gourmet item and may be less likely to spread E. coli?
3. Which company's name translates to "partnership with the land"?
4. Injured workers at IBP who can't claim worker's comp almost always sign a ________ or risk losing their jobs.
5. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Dale Lasater's grandfather's do to fight against the Beef Trust?
2. How does a friend of Jesus, a late-night cleaning crew member, react when he enters the rendering room and why?
3. How does In-N-Out Burger do business differently than other restaurants?
4. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
5. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
6. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
7. Why is the impact of fast food readily apparent in Germany?
8. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
9. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
10. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)