|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
(c) Chain mail.
2. What is now the favorite drink among Chinese children?
(b) Soy milk.
(c) Rice milk.
(d) Dr. Pepper.
3. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
(a) The executioner.
(b) The slicer.
(c) The sticker.
(d) The poker.
4. How high can the percentage of cattle that carries E. coli O157:H7 get in the summer?
(a) Twenty-five percent.
(b) Forty percent.
(c) One percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
5. Who kills Nathan Meeker in a dispute in 1879?
(a) His factory workers.
(b) A group of Ute Indians.
(c) Warren Monfort.
(d) John Dillinger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1988, a panel from which organization warns that the nation's public health infrastructure is in serious disarray, limiting its ability to track or prevent the spread of newly emerging pathogens?
2. Cattle remains that were previously fed to cattle are now fed to _____.
3. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
4. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
5. Which packing house owner is one of the two people from Colorado to be put on President Nixon's enemy list?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)