|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town is near Lasater Ranch?
(a) Greeley, Colorado.
(b) Pueblo, Colorado.
(c) Cheyenne, Wyoming.
(d) Matheson, Colorado.
2. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
(a) Moe Stenman.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) Tom Pendergast.
(d) John Gotti.
3. Who was the newly elected governor of Nebraska told by Mike Harper that his company needed more tax breaks or it would pick up shop and leave the state?
(a) Tom Daschel.
(b) Kay Orr.
(c) John Murkowski.
(d) Nancy Pelosi.
4. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
5. The Titan II missiles at which company's plant northwest of Colorado Springs were originally designed to carry nuclear warheads?
(b) Lockheed Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The 1980 Education Act eliminates government subsidies for ___________.
2. In 1988, a panel from which organization warns that the nation's public health infrastructure is in serious disarray, limiting its ability to track or prevent the spread of newly emerging pathogens?
3. David M. Theno helped which California poultry processor eliminate Salmonella from most of its birds?
4. The Internet at the heart of today's economy started out as what?
5. At the writing of this book, who is the current CEO of McDonald's Corporation?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
2. Why is the impact of fast food readily apparent in Germany?
3. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
4. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
5. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
6. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
7. What was the most popular meat in America before World War II and why did that change?
8. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
9. Why do meatpacking workers routinely develop cumulative trauma disorders?
10. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)