|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which kind of grass-fed, lower fat beef considered a gourmet item and may be less likely to spread E. coli?
(b) Stockyard Special.
2. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
(a) A pyrogenic exotoxin.
(b) A Shiga toxin.
(c) A Diphtheria toxin.
(d) An alpha-toxin.
3. The Internet at the heart of today's economy started out as what?
(a) A business ethernet.
(b) A spy network.
(c) A military communications network.
(d) A video game.
4. During the communist rule of East Germany, the successful manufacturing of what product causes high pollution in the city?
(a) Battery acid.
(b) Flax seed oil.
(c) Synthetic wool.
(d) Cotton paper.
5. The East German Secret Police are called ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the largest employer in Weld County, Colorado?
2. In 1988, a panel from which organization warns that the nation's public health infrastructure is in serious disarray, limiting its ability to track or prevent the spread of newly emerging pathogens?
3. What is the primary export of Plauen, Germany before World War I?
4. Who kills Nathan Meeker in a dispute in 1879?
5. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
2. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
3. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
4. Why is the impact of fast food readily apparent in Germany?
5. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
6. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
7. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
8. How does World War I destroy the culture of Plauen, Germany?
9. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
10. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)