|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the only state in the union to allow companies to leave the worker's comp system and set up its own system for dealing with injuries?
2. Which California-based restaurant chain boasts no microwaves, heat lamps, or freezers?
(a) California Pizza Kitchen.
(b) P.F. Chang's.
(c) Boston Market.
(d) In-N-Out Burger.
3. Who purchases IBP in this chapter?
(b) Tyson Foods.
4. At the writing of this book, who is the current CEO of McDonald's Corporation?
(a) Thomas Macon.
(b) Mike Eisner.
(c) Ray Kroc.
(d) Jack Greenberg.
5. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
(a) Notre Dame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the small electric knives with spinning, round blades that workers use to carve meat?
2. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
3. The annual bonuses of plant foremen and supervisors are often based on what?
4. Which health secretary surprises the British Parliament by declaring that mad cow disease might jump species and infect humans?
5. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the most popular meat in America before World War II and why did that change?
2. Why is grain-fed beef preferable to grass-fed beef?
3. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
4. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
5. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
6. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
7. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
8. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
9. Why do meatpacking workers routinely develop cumulative trauma disorders?
10. Why is the high turnover rate in the meatpacking industry not a concern for large companies?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)