|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cattle remains that were previously fed to cattle are now fed to _____.
(c) Wild boar.
2. In 1993, who becomes the first Latino head of the UFCW in Packingtown (Chicago)?
(a) Simon Gutierrez.
(b) Alex Molnar.
(c) Ruben Ramirez.
(d) Ramon Vasquez.
3. The Titan II missiles at which company's plant northwest of Colorado Springs were originally designed to carry nuclear warheads?
(d) Lockheed Martin.
4. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Barbara Boxer.
(b) Nancy Donley.
(c) Kay Orr.
(d) Suzanne Somers.
5. What illness caused by the toxin in E. coli O157-H7 can lead to kidney failure, anemia, internal bleeding, and the destruction of vital organs?
(a) Acrocallosal syndrome.
(b) Hemolytic uremic syndrome.
(d) Ardalan-Shoja-Kiuru syndrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the upheaval caused by fundamental changes that sweep the meat-packing industry come to be known as?
2. Who was elected for a second term in the 1999 Colorado Springs mayoral race?
3. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
4. The 1980 Education Act eliminates government subsidies for ___________.
5. What item collected from restaurants in 1997 is banned from being fed to cattle by the FDA?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the high turnover rate in the meatpacking industry not a concern for large companies?
2. Why is the impact of fast food readily apparent in Germany?
3. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
4. How does World War I destroy the culture of Plauen, Germany?
5. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
6. What is the scariest job performed by the late-night cleaning crew and why?
7. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
8. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
9. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
10. What does one of Dale Lasater's grandfather's do to fight against the Beef Trust?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)