|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Suzanne Somers.
(b) Nancy Donley.
(c) Barbara Boxer.
(d) Kay Orr.
2. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
(a) On the cremator.
(b) On the converyer belt motor.
(c) In their sterilizers.
(d) In their hard hads.
3. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
4. What item collected from restaurants in 1997 is banned from being fed to cattle by the FDA?
(a) Plate waste.
(b) Leftover cheese.
(c) Spoiled produce.
5. In the 1920's, Plauen has the most millionaires in Germany and the most _____.
(b) Schitzel restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the writing of this book, who is the current CEO of McDonald's Corporation?
2. Which variant of mad cow disease literally destroys the brains of ten young people in Britain?
3. What do some workers need to make themselves feel charged up and self-confident?
4. What chemicals described in The Jungle are used to disguise the smell of spoiled beef?
5. Plauen becomes part of the communist _______ after World War II.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
2. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
3. What is the scariest job performed by the late-night cleaning crew and why?
4. What does one of Dale Lasater's grandfather's do to fight against the Beef Trust?
5. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
6. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
7. Why do meatpacking workers routinely develop cumulative trauma disorders?
8. Why is grain-fed beef preferable to grass-fed beef?
9. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
10. Why is the impact of fast food readily apparent in Germany?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)