|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
(a) A pyrogenic exotoxin.
(b) A Shiga toxin.
(c) An alpha-toxin.
(d) A Diphtheria toxin.
2. Cattle manure is not sent to waste treatment plants but dumped into ______.
(b) Irrigation ditches.
(c) Septic systems.
(d) City dumps.
3. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Suzanne Somers.
(b) Nancy Donley.
(c) Barbara Boxer.
(d) Kay Orr.
4. The Titan II missiles at which company's plant northwest of Colorado Springs were originally designed to carry nuclear warheads?
(d) Lockheed Martin.
5. Cattle remains that were previously fed to cattle are now fed to _____.
(d) Wild boar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
2. Which variant of mad cow disease literally destroys the brains of ten young people in Britain?
3. What illness caused by the toxin in E. coli O157-H7 can lead to kidney failure, anemia, internal bleeding, and the destruction of vital organs?
4. Greatly reducing the fat content of ________ could have and immediate effect on the nation's kids, according to the author.
5. What has the upheaval caused by fundamental changes that sweep the meat-packing industry come to be known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
2. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
3. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
4. Why is the high turnover rate in the meatpacking industry not a concern for large companies?
5. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
6. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
7. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
8. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
9. What does one of Dale Lasater's grandfather's do to fight against the Beef Trust?
10. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)