|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item collected from restaurants in 1997 is banned from being fed to cattle by the FDA?
(a) Spoiled produce.
(b) Leftover cheese.
(d) Plate waste.
2. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) Mary Shelley.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) John Updike.
3. Who kills Nathan Meeker in a dispute in 1879?
(a) His factory workers.
(b) John Dillinger.
(c) Warren Monfort.
(d) A group of Ute Indians.
4. How many pounds of ground beef can a single infected animal contaminate with E. coli O157:H7?
5. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Kay Orr.
(b) Barbara Boxer.
(c) Suzanne Somers.
(d) Nancy Donley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
2. Which company required that meatpacking houses slaughter cattle more humanely or lose their business?
3. Which variant of mad cow disease literally destroys the brains of ten young people in Britain?
4. The Internet at the heart of today's economy started out as what?
5. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
2. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
3. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
4. How does a friend of Jesus, a late-night cleaning crew member, react when he enters the rendering room and why?
5. How does In-N-Out Burger do business differently than other restaurants?
6. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
7. What was the most popular meat in America before World War II and why did that change?
8. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
9. Why is the high turnover rate in the meatpacking industry not a concern for large companies?
10. How does World War I destroy the culture of Plauen, Germany?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)