|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company's name translates to "partnership with the land"?
(c) Lamb Weston.
2. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
(d) Chain mail.
3. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
(a) McDonald's Deutschland.
(b) Pizza Hut International.
(c) Subway Rhineland.
(d) KFC Germany.
4. Which is the only state in the union to allow companies to leave the worker's comp system and set up its own system for dealing with injuries?
5. Which packing house owner is one of the two people from Colorado to be put on President Nixon's enemy list?
(a) Nathan Meeker.
(b) Horace Greeley.
(c) Mike Harper.
(d) Ken Monfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who purchases IBP in this chapter?
2. In 1993, who becomes the first Latino head of the UFCW in Packingtown (Chicago)?
3. What has the upheaval caused by fundamental changes that sweep the meat-packing industry come to be known as?
4. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
5. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
2. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
3. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
4. What was the most popular meat in America before World War II and why did that change?
5. Why do meatpacking workers routinely develop cumulative trauma disorders?
6. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
7. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
8. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
9. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
10. Why is grain-fed beef preferable to grass-fed beef?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)