|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is a cow in that it eats primarily grass, and maybe grain, with multiple stomachs?
(a) An hebivore.
(b) A vegetarian.
(c) A carnivore.
(d) A ruminant.
2. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Suzanne Somers.
(b) Kay Orr.
(c) Barbara Boxer.
(d) Nancy Donley.
3. During the communist rule of East Germany, the successful manufacturing of what product causes high pollution in the city?
(a) Synthetic wool.
(b) Cotton paper.
(c) Battery acid.
(d) Flax seed oil.
4. Which company required that meatpacking houses slaughter cattle more humanely or lose their business?
(b) Taco Bell.
(d) Boston Market.
5. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
(c) Chain mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
2. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
3. Which company's name translates to "partnership with the land"?
4. Eggs are regulated by what federal agency?
5. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scariest job performed by the late-night cleaning crew and why?
2. Why do meatpacking workers routinely develop cumulative trauma disorders?
3. How does World War I destroy the culture of Plauen, Germany?
4. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
5. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
6. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
7. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
8. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
9. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
10. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)