|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 1980 Education Act eliminates government subsidies for ___________.
(a) Proper refirdgeration in schools.
(c) Milk at lunch.
(d) Nutritious school meals.
2. Cattle manure is not sent to waste treatment plants but dumped into ______.
(a) Septic systems.
(b) Irrigation ditches.
(d) City dumps.
3. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
(a) Red X grocery.
(b) Lasater Ranch.
(c) Red Top Restaurant.
4. The Internet at the heart of today's economy started out as what?
(a) A video game.
(b) A military communications network.
(c) A business ethernet.
(d) A spy network.
5. Which group quickly agrees to a large pay cut for its workers when Monfort takes over a Grand Island, Nebraska slaughterhouse?
(a) The International Meatpackers Union.
(b) The UFCW.
(c) The ACLU.
(d) The National Maritime Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds of ground beef can a single infected animal contaminate with E. coli O157:H7?
2. Which variant of mad cow disease literally destroys the brains of ten young people in Britain?
3. The annual bonuses of plant foremen and supervisors are often based on what?
4. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
5. Plauen becomes part of the communist _______ after World War II.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
2. What is the scariest job performed by the late-night cleaning crew and why?
3. How does In-N-Out Burger do business differently than other restaurants?
4. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
5. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
6. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
7. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
8. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
9. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
10. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)